• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possible New Kit Design?

EastStandBlue

Life President
Someone posted a few weeks back the info that we would be getting a completely new kit design and possible new kit manufacturer as of next season, Believe it was as a result of the AGM.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1022&Itemid=26

These are the 08/09 Kit designs for Adidas, the Liverpool and Chelsea kit.

I personally really like the Adidas kit designs, the Liverpool style shirt in our Navy Blue would be brilliant.

If we did change, wasn't it rumoured to be to Puma?
Think JustSport might have taken on Puma teamwear now too, but don't quote me on that!

Someone posted a few weeks back the info that we would be getting a completely new kit design and possible new kit manufacturer as of next season, Believe it was as a result of the AGM.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1022&Itemid=26

These are the 08/09 Kit designs for Adidas, the Liverpool and Chelsea kit.

I personally really like the Adidas kit designs, the Liverpool style shirt in our Navy Blue would be brilliant.

I hope we do change. The Nike thing is getting a bit stale now. But unfortunately, i don't think the club will splash big money on a big name kit manufacturer. If we wanted another big name, it'd have to be some sort of lesser quality teamwear range like we had with Nike rather than the real deal quality of the big clubs.

I have a bunch of Adidas, Nike and Umbro kit templates for FM08 that i can use to make some mock-ups on Photoshop and publish/send in :D

we're defo changing the home shirt next season as the current one has been discontinued already

Almost, due to be withdrawn from availability on 31 March, but you are right we're defo changing at least the home kit for next season.

If we did change, wasn't it rumoured to be to Puma?
Think JustSport might have taken on Puma teamwear now too, but don't quote me on that!

That'd be cool, the shirts Puma have done for some of the teams in the Africa Cup of Nations are ace.

That'd be cool, the shirts Puma have done for some of the teams in the Africa Cup of Nations are ace.

As is this season's Spurs navy blue away shirt!

Damn them to Hades & back, why do such a bunch of mugs always get such nice shirts? I am thinking especially of last years chocolate brown/gold one!

Well done James, the first person to say 'ace' in about 10 years ;) :p

Ah, it was his birthday yesterday let him off :p

I have to say I really would prefer us to stick with Nike. Have liked all the kits we have had, plus the other merchandise in the club shop with Nike on must be far more sellable to the style wary fan. Adidas wouldnt be so bad, but a lot of other kit manufacturers are hit or miss. Also, my biggest worry is it would open the door to potential kits like the fake umbro / adidas ******* child kit we had a few seasons ago.....that kit still haunts my dreams.

Also, my biggest worry is it would open the door to potential kits like the fake umbro / adidas ******* child kit we had a few seasons ago.....that kit still haunts my dreams.

Do you mean this monstrosity?

Southend_Cort_odd.jpg

Why is there not a vomit smilie? :p

As long as we don't end up with that appaling old blue-yellow fuzzy telewest shirt:flamer:

As long as we don't end up with that appaling old blue-yellow fuzzy telewest shirt:flamer:

It was legendary! :p
The only football shirt ever to feature 2 TV shows* (it must have been part of the sponsorship deal with Telewest ;))

* - seeing as the yellow spikes looked like Bart Simpson appearing on the mystery guest round on A Question of Sport :D

Well done James, the first person to say 'ace' in about 10 years ;) :p

It must be something in the water round here. I work with a bloke who regularly calls people 'dude'. I thought Keith Richards was the only person who still used that word.

Back