• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
Taken from her website:
(responding to a Sheff Wed fan)

"Now this may hurt...

I will allways be a Southender.I am a blue soldier.
I have also come to the conclusion that i can never have loved football in a way a man does,or perhaps a modern girl who has grown up playing the game.

Going to Southend with my b/friend,now husband,has gifted me some of the happiest,most exciting, engaging and brilliant days of my life.
I was naive though.
Something died in me when Barry Fry left for Birmingham.
When Sammy got dropped.
When Stanley wouldn't hug his team mates.
When foreign players flooded the leagues with diving and generally getting poncey(ooh controversial)
When Peter Taylor got spat at.
When the success chasers came and went and came again.
When the WAGS come to town.

I am a hapless romantic that wants the goalies to be smoking Woodbine.
Who wants someone to be Southend forever
Who doesn't like turning on their own when they fail

Who can't leave her kid alone every Saturday and doesn't like making her go.....unable to concentrate on the match,placating cold fidgeting child while old man talks formations with other blokes.

I would happily avoid both outings

xxxxxx "

i used to know quite well in the 80s and 90s and shes a top girl, had a long chat after the last concert 2 years,and she still gets to see them when she can
if i remember rightly she had recently been to a game(this is 18months ago)at home in div 1 against forest whe nwe spoke. she is a lovely lady with a place in her heart for the shrimpers, I am looking forward to seeing her again on weds night

I reckon there might be a small chance she could consider coming to Roots.

After having a dedication from Alison at the Ipswich Regent on Saturday I have written to thank her and posed the question about her possibly coming to belt out 'Blue' pre-match. Not a new idea I know (I've said it before and I think others have asked her before) but if asked lots of times then maybe just one day..............

Have also written to Uncle Ron today at some length suggesting the virtues of asking Alison along.

Maybe I should get something else to do ..................but it would be good if this ever came off. :)

I reckon there might be a small chance she could consider coming to Roots.

After having a dedication from Alison at the Ipswich Regent on Saturday I have written to thank her and posed the question about her possibly coming to belt out 'Blue' pre-match. Not a new idea I know (I've said it before and I think others have asked her before) but if asked lots of times then maybe just one day..............

Have also written to Uncle Ron today at some length suggesting the virtues of asking Alison along.

Maybe I should get something else to do ..................but it would be good if this ever came off. :)

Keep plugging away mate....I am aswell

Did you see me post on Alison's forum??

I'll make contact with her aswell...

Anyone got an e-mail addy for her?

PM if need be..

;)

you are better of posting on her forum......more lickley of it getting to her.

Back