• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Collis move on, as....

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs has hardly set the world alight since he has been back. Collis didn't do a lot wrong apart from being a bit anonymous and unconfident. The fans prefer Flavs and it looks like Tilly does as well bearing in mind his poor recent performances, Masters in the wings is it time for Collis to move on as he could probably get a game for Daggers or something?

Flavs has hardly set the world alight since he has been back. Collis didn't do a lot wrong apart from being a bit anonymous and unconfident. The fans prefer Flavs and it looks like Tilly does as well bearing in mind his poor recent performances, Masters in the wings is it time for Collis to move on as he could probably get a game for Daggers or something?

I think you are getting the pair of them confused!!!

homefish.jpg

I think you are getting the pair of them confused!!!

In fairness Flahavan is rarely anonymous, at Orient he stuck out like a sore thumb at two flaps and fumbles :)

I prefer Flahavan (in form) over the two but hope we keep hold of Collis as we would be up the proverbial creek with only one of them.

You state that the fans prefer flavs you are speaking for yourself again and not the wider support of SUFC quite a few people sitting round at the orient game remarked its about we dropped shorty and brought back collis

Maybe we should go for another keeper presently palying at Hayes a young
24 year old italian who had a trial at Oldham but the timing was wrong his name is Alessio De Angelis who played for Lazio 7 times and has repersented his counrty up to under 19 level and has played against a England Team which rooney was playing which italy won 2-1

You state that the fans prefer flavs you are speaking for yourself again and not the wider support of SUFC quite a few people sitting round at the orient game remarked its about we dropped shorty and brought back collis
The camp is as always split, you can tell from the reception Flahavan gets that he is certainly a lot of peoples favourite.

People calling for collis to come back are forgetting some of the mistakes he made though.

Neither are perfect and Id be fairly happy with both but even though Flahavan would be my choice he needs to play better than against Orient.

The camp is as always split, you can tell from the reception Flahavan gets that he is certainly a lot of peoples favourite.

People calling for collis to come back are forgetting some of the mistakes he made though.

Neither are perfect and Id be fairly happy with both but even though Flahavan would be my choice he needs to play better than against Orient.

Yes the camp will always be split on who should be in goal or not in this case

bur flav has made some mistakes dont put the blame totally on collis

just back tracking through the program looking at league games only

Taking as a comparison flav games so far total 8 games from when he started
and returned 8 games he has conceded 11 goals

Taking the first of collis 8 games from Gills to Walsall he conceded 5 goals

i no it cant all be put on to the keeper but i no who i would prefer in goal and its not flavs

i no it cant all be put on to the keeper but i no who i would prefer in goal and its not flavs

:guns: well done Graham:fart:

Not saying Flavs hasnt, he dropped the ball twice vs Orient.

Collis lost us the game against Blackpool and could have done far better on other occassions too, Luton being one.

Its not like we stopped shipping goals when Collis was in, he has conceded plenty.

Take as a comparison Collis' last 8 games and he conceded 12 goals...

Last edited:
Not saying Flavs hasnt, he dropped the ball twice vs Orient.

Collis lost us the game against Blackpool and could have done far better on other occassions too, Luton being one.

Its not like we stopped shipping goals when Collis was in, he has conceded plenty.

Take as a comparison Collis' last 8 games and he conceded 12 goals...

Luton i agree with you but not concerned with Blackpool as not a League Game the goals conceded are league games the bread and butter for us
wether we get promoted of not that is another debate.

Flav dropped the ball at orient he costs us the game and 3 points why
should we carry on with him in goal

its not a question of loyalty in his case i remeber probaly like you when
he throught he was better and could play in higher division and was
stalling on re-joining us the ups and down of that got my goat

thats enough work today off home to be continued later no doubt

Stats man, we know Flavs is good and Championship class at best, Collis started distinctly average and got worse, not to say he wouldn't do a job somewhere in league 2, have you seen some of there keepers on G.O.S?

Stats man, we know Flavs is good and Championship class at best, Collis started distinctly average and got worse, not to say he wouldn't do a job somewhere in league 2, have you seen some of there keepers on G.O.S?

No way is Flavs championship class. He might have great reflexes but his catching is diabolical and to be honest, i much prefer Collis as that extra few inches makes a difference

Champonship Class at his best - you are must be bloody joking sometimes i wonder what games you are watching sometime

Flavs costs us our place in the Champonship so not certainly in that class
as you say

:fart:

I used to be a Flavs man any day of the week, infact I rated him as the best keeper around in the lower leagues.

HOWEVER.

Things change in football and it's now time for Collis to be the new no1 for many reasons. Maher isn't good enough anymore for a place in the team and neither (just) is Flavs.

I really noticed this at Orient and it's time for the Flavs haters to get behind Collis and support him, he is our future keeper after all.

Maybe we should go for another keeper presently palying at Hayes a young
24 year old italian who had a trial at Oldham but the timing was wrong his name is Alessio De Angelis who played for Lazio 7 times and has repersented his counrty up to under 19 level and has played against a England Team which rooney was playing which italy won 2-1

Well I prefer Flavs , and so does my wife !!!!!!

Back