• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jackspratt

Youth Team
Sorry If this has already been posted

On loan striker Gary Hooper spoke to The Official Hereford United Website following Saturday's 2-0 win over Chesterfield.
Hooper, who scored his 4th Bulls goal in just five appearances since his arrival from Southend said "It was a good win, it was good to keep a clean sheet and it was good for myself and Sherjil to continue our scoring partnership."
With Sherjil MacDonald only arriving on the morning of the Dagenham game, in which he grabbed a brace, Hooper said "I think we hit it off from the start. We work well together, I think we're on the same wave length."
Hooper also showed a healthy competition between the two, joking, "He's just ahead of me at the moment with the goals, but don't worry I'll catch him up!"
Talking about The Bulls' current form Hooper said "It's good to be second, we're doing very well at the moment, and I think we've got a really good chance of going up"
Looking to the furture Gary doesn't yet know what will happen when his original loan is up "When my loan is up I'll speak to the Gaffer and see where we can go from there. At the moment I'm really enjoying playing and doing well for Hereford."

I think the key thing with that is not to read too much into it.
Look at some of the comments after Leon Clarke spoke out and said he didn't know what would happen at Southend when he was on loan despite playing well. Plus, surely the Hereford fans were told he'd just signed a new contract extension before his loan.

Sorry If this has already been posted

On loan striker Gary Hooper spoke to The Official Hereford United Website following Saturday's 2-0 win over Chesterfield.
Hooper, who scored his 4th Bulls goal in just five appearances since his arrival from Southend said "It was a good win, it was good to keep a clean sheet and it was good for myself and Sherjil to continue our scoring partnership."
With Sherjil MacDonald only arriving on the morning of the Dagenham game, in which he grabbed a brace, Hooper said "I think we hit it off from the start. We work well together, I think we're on the same wave length."
Hooper also showed a healthy competition between the two, joking, "He's just ahead of me at the moment with the goals, but don't worry I'll catch him up!"
Talking about The Bulls' current form Hooper said "It's good to be second, we're doing very well at the moment, and I think we've got a really good chance of going up"
Looking to the furture Gary doesn't yet know what will happen when his original loan is up "When my loan is up I'll speak to the Gaffer and see where we can go from there. At the moment I'm really enjoying playing and doing well for Hereford."

It's alright we have got, can't head, poor touch, injury prone Revell, and he was only 150k, nice move that, crash helmet on here come the give him time do gooders!

It's alright we have got, can't head, poor touch, injury prone Revell, and he was only 150k, nice move that, crash helmet on here come the give him time do gooders!

All i would say is that we probably havent seen the best of the lad if he has been carrying around a niggling injury

Unless the situation with our forwards deteriorates through injury or suspensions, I can quite easily see Hoops being allowed to extend his loan to the end of the season with an emergency recall clause. It'll do him good, and Hereford as well by the look of things. I like the guy, but I'm not unduly concerned, and if Hereford get promoted then they may well come in with a good offer at the end of the season. Then it'll be up to our guys at the top and Hooper himself.

Or alternatively, let Hooper stay until May, as West Brom have done with Sherjill McDonald I believe. Give them time to develop an understanding and then recall him & bid hard cash to sign McDonald from WBA in the summer :hilarious:

Or alternatively, let Hooper stay until May, as West Brom have done with Sherjill McDonald I believe. Give them time to develop an understanding and then recall him & bid hard cash to sign McDonald from WBA in the summer :hilarious:

I like your thinking :hilarious:

I dont think Hooper would sign a new deal then be allowed to sign for someone else. Ron said he was the "future of Southend". Hes still only 19 and there is clearly a real talent there.

Dearest Wiggles,

Your first impression of Nicky Bailey was that he "couldn't pass water".
That alone should have convinced you to give players a little bit of time.

Yours do-goodingly,
Hank.

i believe we might have been forced to pay over the odds for a player with
some proven ability to survive at Lge One level as a load of other things have gone Pete Tong - Leon Clarke, Walker, Hooper not scoring, Charlie Mac not quite hacking it, Harrold struggling etc.

BUT at the time we needed some-one to put the shirt on (I did volunteer) and Revell is keen and enthiuisiastic so we got him in somewhat desperate
circumstances -

now the situation looks loads better with Walker, Barnard, Khan and maybe we will have paid 150 for a squad player - big deal -

favourite sight for sore eyes at the moment is Mick McCarthey ..... there is a truly ****e manager ....

Dearest Wiggles,

Yours do-goodingly,
Hank.

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Thank you SBH, you have saved a lot of people a lot of typing!

Dearest Wiggles,

Yours do-goodingly,
Hank.

One wrong out of 20 aint bad!

In your dreams, love. I'd put you at about 50/50. Sometimes you're on the money, and sometimes you talk out of your @rse.

Some of us prefer to see the evidence before passing sentence - clearly that's not needed in your kangaroo court!

:thump:

In your dreams, love. I'd put you at about 50/50. Sometimes you're on the money, and sometimes you talk out of your @rse.

Some of us prefer to see the evidence before passing sentence - clearly that's not needed in your kangaroo court!

:thump:

Having read your article the other day Matt puting Flavs and Jay Smith in your quality top 20 or something i couldn't believe it was the same Matt the Shrimp that always put them both down when i praised them up, how times change!

Unless the situation with our forwards deteriorates through injury or suspensions, I can quite easily see Hoops being allowed to extend his loan to the end of the season with an emergency recall clause. It'll do him good, and Hereford as well by the look of things. I like the guy, but I'm not unduly concerned, and if Hereford get promoted then they may well come in with a good offer at the end of the season. Then it'll be up to our guys at the top and Hooper himself.

Spot on - Baring in mind Hopper has scored the sum total of one league goal all season I see no reason to bring him back.

He is behind Barnard, Walker, Revell and McDonald in my book so why stop him playing.

Dearest Wiggles,

Yours do-goodingly,
Hank.

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Dearest Wiggles,

Your first impression of Ron Martin was that he "wouldn't be satisfied until we have the best stadium in the Conference". You said this precisely one year before we were promoted to League One, and two years before we were promoted to the Championship.

Yours do-goodingly,
Hank.

ps: Seriously, we could do this all day mate!

Having read your article the other day Matt puting Flavs and Jay Smith in your quality top 20 or something i couldn't believe it was the same Matt the Shrimp that always put them both down when i praised them up, how times change!
Times haven't changed at all.

As ever, wiggy, you were just reading what you wanted to read - and you were not really thinking about what someone might be saying. There is a world of difference between having ability, and being willing or able - or having the necessary application - to use it.

Lee Hodges is, perhaps, the prime example of this. A ridiculously gifted player. Who now plays for Thurrock... and is even referred to by the 'Rocks fans as "The Enigma". He had more ability in his right toe than Stuart Thurgood will ever possess... yet which one is playing league football in League One?

You seem constantly, and totally, overawed by ability - and totally blind to the fact that some players are unwilling or unable to show that ability on the pitch.

Take Jay Smith, for instance - he is very much in the "unable" category. Again, a fantastically gifted player - you'd have to be blind to ignore that. But injured. All the time.

I might be as good as Maradona, but it ain't no use if I'm permanently on the treatment table. Jay's now at Notts County... and guess what? He didn't play for four months between September and January. Sadly, Jay is too brittle to play league football, and any midfield built around his mercurial talents is a midfield which is permanently destined to be one player short, and thus never fully operating.

As for Darryl... he's also in the "unable" category. He has great talent - wonderful reactions, and the ability to pull off great saves. But he's short, and he is a poor decision-maker. Do I think he has great natural ability? Yes. Do I think he is a great goalkeeper? No. He's just an OK one - one who through a lack of height, and through a lack of adequate coaching (about decision-making), is destined to play out his career in the lower leagues (last season aside).

Matt

Thats a great idea good thinking

Back