• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driving. What annoys you?

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Time for all of us to let off some steam! What is it about other drivers that annoys you?

I'll start. The obvious is middle lane drivers, so i'll ignore that. Two things that really annoy me are:-

1. People that don't thank me when I make way for them. How difficult is it to raise your hand, or nod your thanks?

2. Tailgaters on motorways. Have you ever slowed to a halt on a motorway only to find no accident or roadworks? Well that is caused by someone driving too close up someone else's ****. When the car in front slows down the tailgater slams on his/her brakes, and the person behind does the same, and so on. Over a period of about half an hour that leads to a huge tailback for no reason. I saw it on TV once. They used the CCTV, and speeded it up, the effect was amazing.

All of the above, although I hate people who are seemingly magnestised to the central reservation as much as those who hog the middle lane.

People who cut you up by pulling out when there's not enough time or space to and then proceed to drive at 5mph below the speed limit once they're in front of you.

People who flash you if you've got your front fog lights on if it's a dull/rainy day.

People who can't be bothered to queue and will cut you up to force their way back into the correct filter lane (usually either at major traffic lit junctions or in a queue on motorways)

yep tailgaters are really really annoying. had one go into the back of me and i was tempted to try and get them done for dangerous driving because they had been right up behind me for a couple of miles.

i also don't like drivers who leave their lights on full-beam when on country roads. learn how to use them properly!

On the flip side, people who don't put there side lights on or even there normal lights when its raining, and visability is poor.

Also... people who sit in the outside lane on a dual carriage while doing just about 70mph with no-one in the left hand lane and no one in front of them forcing you to undertake. Why tha f*ck don't they just move over and be considerate!

[I no way condone recklass driving!]

Out of interest, did you know you are only supposed to use fog lights when visibility is less than 100m?

I knew there was a limit but didn't know the exact level.
I use mine when it's a typical sort of murky wet Glasgow day when it doesn't even get light!

Is there a limit at night-time?

People who flash you if you've got your front fog lights on if it's a dull/rainy day.

People who use their foglights when it's raining or dull. They are not auxilliary lights. They are fog lights, and should only be used when it is foggy. Last time I checked, spray from other cars does not constitute fog. :p

I agree with much of the above as well. Especially tailgating, the A12 BMW drivers activity of choice in the mornings.

Thats th eone for me .. People who dont put their head lights (side lights aint enough) on when is ****ing down or the visibility is toilet during daylight...

People who use their foglights when it's raining or dull. They are not auxilliary lights. They are fog lights, and should only be used when it is foggy.

But they look good too though :D
Oh for a Mitsubishi Evo with bank of 4 rally lights on it! :p

I hate it when you get a car edging out from a side road so you are forced on to the other side of the road as you are approaching, as if to intimidate you to let them out

I knew there was a limit but didn't know the exact level.
I use mine when it's a typical sort of murky wet Glasgow day when it doesn't even get light!

Is there a limit at night-time?

No, it's just a visibility issue. The problem with fog lights is that they are more intense than brake lights, so people get mesmerised by them, and also don't see your brake lights go on.

Back