• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play off allocations..

SARF

Director
Is there a minimum clubs have to give away fans for their home leg... As we could sell the whole ground out to home fans for this game surely its in our intrest to keep away fans to the bare minimum.. Likewise for whoever we play in the away leg.. Obviously some grounds lend themselves to an away 'end' that is not worth splitting, but our North bank can be divvied up anyway we see fit..

To be honest depending on who we play we might not sell out our home allocation for a play off game.

Couple of reasons for this, they are evening games, all Live on Sky, everyone has to pay etc.

Our Northampton play off crowd was 9,152.

I think we would allocate 2,000 for any of the clubs we could play.

I really hope we get Carlisle in the semi's. We could really turn them over, if Barnard is back. I reckon we could take 1000+ to the away leg.

Regarding the allocation of Roots Hall, I think they'd take the whole north bank.

I really hope we get Carlisle in the semi's. We could really turn them over, if Barnard is back. I reckon we could take 1000+ to the away leg.

Regarding the allocation of Roots Hall, I think they'd take the whole north bank.

i really doubt that fred. the game is on sky and for a thursday night up in carlisle, even for a game of this magnitude i reckon it would be no more than 500 up there

Cant see those numbers at all. Carlisle down here on a monday night(subject to us both finishing 4th & 5th) and us up there on a friday night?. At least our fans would only have to take 1 day off work.

I agree we can turn them over

Nope I agree with the Pube fellow we would only take 500............ unless coach travel was subsidised , we might take 750 if that happens.

I think Uncle Ron will pull out all the stops to get as many Shrimpers up in Carlisle and will lay on subsidised travel, even if the game is a Thursday/Friday night. We took 500 or so last week, easily double that if it's assisted.

I think Uncle Ron will pull out all the stops to get as many Shrimpers up in Carlisle and will lay on subsidised travel, even if the game is a Thursday/Friday night. We took 500 or so last week, easily double that if it's assisted.

Cant see it to be honest a midweek game and its on TV- having done Carlisle last week will watch it on the box this time

Cant see it to be honest a midweek game and its on TV- having done Carlisle last week will watch it on the box this time

Alas, I'll have to adopt the nickname Algarve Shrimper for this game as I'll be on holiday, typical our likely playoff opponents are my closest possible away trip too!

I would be honestly very disappointed if no more then 1000 turned up at Carlisle. I'm sure there are some real fans out there to make up the numbers, we should all make the effort and sing our hearts out on the day.

Fred, it's also the middle of GCSEs which would seriously affect me. No way are we going to be able to make an away leg of that distance just now.

Alas, I'll have to adopt the nickname Algarve Shrimper for this game as I'll be on holiday, typical our likely playoff opponents are my closest possible away trip too!

Can I nick the same nickname as im there too for this game.

And I think we would take around a 1,000 up there if the coaches where cheap!

I would be honestly very disappointed if no more then 1000 turned up at Carlisle. I'm sure there are some real fans out there to make up the numbers, we should all make the effort and sing our hearts out on the day.

It's not a case of people being 'real fans' or not. It's a case of people being realistic. I'd have to admit I'd be unlikely to take a day off work for a game I could watch on Sky.

Plus, I too am joining the ranks of 'Portugal Shrimpers' for the first leg....

Can I nick the same nickname as im there too for this game.

Whereabouts in the Algarve will you be for the game? I think we're the resort down from Vilamoura. Might have to try & research if it's worth heading to Albufeira to the sports cafe to see the semi!

It's not a case of people being 'real fans' or not. It's a case of people being realistic. I'd have to admit I'd be unlikely to take a day off work for a game I could watch on Sky.

Plus, I too am joining the ranks of 'Portugal Shrimpers' for the first leg....
I know I know, real fans was poor wording. My apologies on that. Maybe 'hardcores' would suit better. I suppose being a college boy that I've not got much to miss.

EDIT: I've got an exam on the 16th, which is the Friday if we finish above Leeds. Luckily, it's in the morning. I would have not been laughing if it was an afternoon exam.

Last edited:
The other factor which may come into play is the ridiculous run of fixutres we have recently endured - Crewe, Carlisle and Tranmere all away from home in the space of 4 weeks. I've clocked up the best part of 1,800 miles on the motor in April just on those games alone, and it's not like fuel is cheap these days!!!

I must admit, the prospect of travelling to Carlisle in the play-off semi's, regardly of what time of day it is played, is not one I relish at all - although I think when push came to shove, I would make the trip - unless of course we have lost the home leg heavily, or are way out of sight!

I still think the numbers being banded around are way low though - I would be amaxed if we only took 500 to Carlilse for a play off semi, especially if it was finely balanced. Minimum 1,000 I would expect, and a Friday night isn't too bad - we have the weekend to recover and trvael home on.

Personally, the easiest for everyone is Forest as thats only 150 miles or so up the road, but something tells me they may well spawn automatic promotion on Saturday!

Back