• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The most annoying traits of fans at RH

Robbo

South Upper miserabilist
:madman: Following on from my rant about the miserable :censored: who I had to sit next to in block O of the South Lower for the last season, I just wondered what trait really winds up the posters about those who sit near them.

I'll open it up with:

1. Those who always get up to leave early to beat the rush: for f*!ks sake, it's Roots Hall, not Wembley!

1. Those who always get up to leave early to beat the rush: for f*!ks sake, it's Roots Hall, not Wembley!
  2. The general lack of singing in some areas of the South Upper, and the general lack of any heartbeat in the east.

2. The general lack of singing in some areas of the South Upper, and the general lack of any heartbeat in the east.
  3. That there is a significant minority that are never happy, however well we are doing.

3. That there is a significant minority that are never happy, however well we are doing.
  4. DTS farting!

4. DTS farting!
  5. Those that continually moan about what people do or don't do in other stands (re 2.)

I sit in the South Upper, and with all due respect, sometimes I can't be bothered to sing at home games. I am quite happy sitting there watching the game and having a chat to my family. I sing at away games and get very involved, but don't go about having a go at people for not singing. It's their choice. At least we're at the games and at least we're not slagging them off.

4. DTS farting!
  5. Those that continually moan about what people do or don't do in other stands (re 2.)
  6. Those individuals (& SUFC) that do not learn from being wrong, occasionally week in and week out.
  7. Those that use the 'wrong' kind of swear words knowing full well a young child can hear it.

I sit in the South Upper, and with all due respect, sometimes I can't be bothered to sing at home games. I am quite happy sitting there watching the game and having a chat to my family. I sing at away games and get very involved, but don't go about having a go at people for not singing. It's their choice. At least we're at the games and at least we're not slagging them off.
I accept you all have your choices and that you can choose whichever option you wish.

However, it still annoys me as being a younger soul I like to get involved, and you get a few odd looks when you sing on your own.

re point 7, dashman: Be careful, last time I moaned off about people using the "C" word (in front of my 9 year old) at The Hall on this forum some dumb-nut neg-rep'd me. There are some right f**king dumb-wits on this site...

I accept you all have your choices and that you can choose whichever option you wish.

However, it still annoys me as being a younger soul I like to get involved, and you get a few odd looks when you sing on your own.

Fred; Old & Young - at Southampton we never stopped mate

Keep singing!

re point 7, dashman: Be careful, last time I moaned off about people using the "C" word (in front of my 9 year old) at The Hall on this forum some dumb-nut neg-rep'd me. There are some right f**king dumb-wits on this site...

I agree, however, some 'nice' things need saying and young children protected a tad!

It's the adults whom are dangerous lol!

Dash

4. DTS farting!
  6. Those individuals (& SUFC) that do not learn from being wrong, occasionally week in and week out.
  7. Those that use the 'wrong' kind of swear words knowing full well a young child can hear it.
8. Whistle happy refs who seek centre stage and refuse to let games flow with some amount of physical contact
9. Time wasting - taking ball to corner flag by either us or others. It is not football by any stretch of the imagination & could be construed as ungentlemanly conduct.
10. Failure to add sufficient extra time - substitutions which took in excess of 1 min, whereas only 30 secs per each are added. Favour offcial time keeping as in US where clock is stopped when ball is out of play, so 90 mins actual playing time.

8. Whistle happy refs who seek centre stage and refuse to let games flow with some amount of physical contact
9. Time wasting - taking ball to corner flag by either us or others. It is not football by any stretch of the imagination & could be construed as ungentlemanly conduct.
10. Failure to add sufficient extra time - substitutions which took in excess of 1 min, whereas only 30 secs per each are added. Favour offcial time keeping as in US where clock is stopped when ball is out of play, so 90 mins actual playing time.

Didnt know they were fans

:offtopic:

8. the idiot that sits behind me- who spends the whole game making stupid idiotic comments about the short players being oomper loompers, and all the bald ones golum !! i hope that he has taken all the hints from the people around him and has moved his season ticket for next season !!

Actually the tos ser behind us who completely slates Gower!

We all sit there going "look at him go, best player we have." when G man makes a run.

Enough, Irate Ian: make way for Riled Robbo! ;)

Back