• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't worry, we still have....

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
A keeper that can't catch, Masters, an impressive right back that wants to leave, Francis, a Hungarian to fill Clarke's shoes, Liptak, new left back to find, Mulgrew, midfield to plug Bailey and McCormack, new supplier and goal scorer to find, Gower, but luckily still have a bloke more fragile than a vase, Barney and 2 that couldn't hit a barn door, Revell and Walker. Dunno about freezing the season ticket prices, howbout a refund!

A keeper that can't catch, Masters, an impressive right back that wants to leave, Francis, a Hungarian to fill Clarke's shoes, Liptak, new left back to find, Mulgrew, midfield to plug Bailey and McCormack, new supplier and goal scorer to find, Gower, but luckily still have a bloke more fragile than a vase, Barney and 2 that couldn't hit a barn door, Revell and Walker. Dunno about freezing the season ticket prices, howbout a refund!

What we don't have is enough full-stops.

About 5 minutes later than I thought Wiggy. Why did you need to start a new thread? To provoke a reaction? Boring boring boring.

Well here's my reaction - why do you support Southend? Why don't you **** off to Upton Park if you want to support a club that p**ses money up the wall. You've proved time and time again that you don't understand football so you'd fit in very well over there.

About 5 minutes later than I thought Wiggy. Why did you need to start a new thread? To provoke a reaction? Boring boring boring.

Well here's my reaction - why do you support Southend? Why don't you **** off to Upton Park if you want to support a club that p**ses money up the wall. You've proved time and time again that you don't understand football so you'd fit in very well over there.

How bout you breaking a habit of a lifetime and telling us what you really think, rather than cringing inside, so, what do you think of the situation whereby nearly all of our quality players want out?

So what do you propose we do about it?? Pay beyond our means to keep players here only interested in earning money out of the club?

Given you dont think Bailey can pass water, and Clarke and Francis leave the god Daryl exposed for those nasty crosses Id have thought you would have been pleased with the news......?

So what do you propose we do about it?? Pay beyond our means to keep players here only interested in earning money out of the club?

Given you dont think Bailey can pass water, and Clarke and Francis leave the god Daryl exposed for those nasty crosses Id have thought you would have been pleased with the news......?

Believe me Flavs is a god compared to what is available with our purse strings just wait and see. Having seen Masters a couple of times, young or not i wouldn't put him infront of Danny Gay, Cumbersome, Ryan Robinson etc, yet we offer him a deal, very cheap i suppose. As for the others, why bother building a new stadium if you can't gamble a bit on what has been achieved in the last few years, don't let them take the **** but at least push the boat out a bit, remember Constantine, got us out the **** single handidly and we offered to up the wages from 500 a week to 700. Crowds have been good recently and a promotion and a couple of trips to Cardiff must have got us a few quid. The way Martin and his war chest is going we will always be a League 1/2 conference side playing to an audience of between 2 to 9 thousand!

How bout you breaking a habit of a lifetime and telling us what you really think, rather than cringing inside, so, what do you think of the situation whereby nearly all of our quality players want out?

I think it's a shame. But that's modern football. Bailey, Clarke and Francis are Championship quality players and want wages to match. It's disappointing that they haven't shown much loyalty but there are so few players that do nowadays.

We've got a very high wage bill for a club of our size which, had we won promotion this year we would have been able to meet and keep our better players happy. But we didn't. And we're skint - we can't afford these players to leave for free at the end of their contracts. We can't afford to spend £250k on Clarke and let him leave for free a couple of years later. And clearly we can't afford to pay his wage demands either.

The problem with our success over the last few seasons is that expectation levels have risen too high. I can't believe people genuinely think we can bring Andy Cole or Darren Huckerby to Southend. It's ridiculous.

I'd rather the future of the club is safe-guarded than end up being the next Bournemouth or Luton. So yes, Wiggy, I'm disappointed - but I understand why these decisions have been taken and being a Southend fan means living with the downs as well as the ups.

Believe me Flavs is a god compared to what is available with our purse strings just wait and see. Having seen Masters a couple of times, young or not i wouldn't put him infront of Danny Gay, Cumbersome, Ryan Robinson etc, yet we offer him a deal, very cheap i suppose. As for the others, why bother building a new stadium if you can't gamble a bit on what has been achieved in the last few years, don't let them take the **** but at least push the boat out a bit, remember Constantine, got us out the **** single handidly and we offered to up the wages from 500 a week to 700. Crowds have been good recently and a promotion and a couple of trips to Cardiff must have got us a few quid. The way Martin and his war chest is going we will always be a League 1/2 conference side playing to an audience of between 2 to 9 thousand!

Funny that, I thought Tilly had more than a small part in getting us out of the ****. But yes, you are right, we should have paid Leon Constantine a kings ransom as look at the terrible seasons we subsequently had.

But my suggestion was that given Bailey cant pass water, and Clarke and Francis have both exposed Flavs with their defensive frailties, surely you are pleased with the news? Surely given the above, if they had been paid loads of money you would have moaned that we are throwing good money at bad, and therefore you would have moaned whatever the club did. Jees, Im glad Im not your boyfriend trying to keep you happy!

Funny that, I thought Tilly had more than a small part in getting us out of the ****. But yes, you are right, we should have paid Leon Constantine a kings ransom as look at the terrible seasons we subsequently had.

....and maybe better if we'd have paid him 1200!

....and maybe better if we'd have paid him 1200!

Maybe, but a big maybe. What is fact is that Ron and Tilly got it spot on there. We went on to have two great seasons playing football in the right way. At the time, and knowing what some other Southend players were on at that time, I actually thought we should have paid more for Constantine. However, I was wrong and Ron and Tilly proved no one was bigger than the club. After the success we have had I think Ron and Tilly deserve some trust on todays happenings. Im disappointed about the news today, but until we find the reasons moaning about it on here is not going to do much good!

but at least push the boat out a bitQUOTE]

How could you possibly know what they are earning, the new figure they have been offered and the figure they want ??

Unless you are an insider at the club, which considering the amount of total bollocks you usually spout i very much doubt, you cannot know any of the above .. so may i respectfully ask you to crawl back into the slime covered hole you only ever emerge from when you want to slag the club off and rot there !!!!!!

Rant Over !!! :angel:

but at least push the boat out a bitQUOTE]

How could you possibly know what they are earning, the new figure they have been offered and the figure they want ??

Unless you are an insider at the club, which considering the amount of total bollocks you usually spout i very much doubt,

You're ruling out the possibility that she is Floppity Flappy's jockstrap.

Back