• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Echo

dunno, but just had a look and Guy Butters is joining them next season! He was class for us.

and anyway, their keeper is local legend Scriv...

Hawks goal keeper Kevin Scriven swept the boards at last night’s end of season awards night. A packed clubhouse witnessed HawkSupport’s final event of the season, bringing together the First, Ladies and Academy sides to celebrate another immensely successful season for all three sides.

Scriven lifted the Players’ Player of the Season and the Supporters’ Player of the Season awards

and anyway, their keeper is local legend Scriv...

Hawks goal keeper Kevin Scriven swept the boards at last night’s end of season awards night. A packed clubhouse witnessed HawkSupport’s final event of the season, bringing together the First, Ladies and Academy sides to celebrate another immensely successful season for all three sides.

Scriven lifted the Players’ Player of the Season and the Supporters’ Player of the Season awards

If I remember correctly H&W were wanting him to be back up to their first choice keeper.

ps Agree Guy Butters was class.

I think we are showing loyalty by actually offering him a one year contract, when obviously (rightly or wrongly) T&B do not see him next season as first choice GK.

Sadly I think your right...

Me too. They know he is coming towards the end of his career and that his no1 spot is not as secure as it used to be and they are quite rightly preparing for this. As much as it pains me to even think about Darryl not being at the club in the next couple years - I think the management are doing the right thing. With all the negative feeling going round lately it's good to see that they seem to know what they are doing there. Keeping Darryl for another year, hopefully Mildenhall will edge his way in with Masters grabbing experience when he can, hopefully as much as possible from Flavs before he unfortunately moves on.

tbh, i think they see Mildenhall staying for three years (first choice for two) and then in his last year, they see MAsters starting to come in more with him being 1st choice in four seasons time.

Me too. They know he is coming towards the end of his career and that his no1 spot is not as secure as it used to be and they are quite rightly preparing for this. As much as it pains me to even think about Darryl not being at the club in the next couple years - I think the management are doing the right thing. With all the negative feeling going round lately it's good to see that they seem to know what they are doing there. Keeping Darryl for another year, hopefully Mildenhall will edge his way in with Masters grabbing experience when he can, hopefully as much as possible from Flavs before he unfortunately moves on.

I don't think he's even 30. Thats nothing for a 'keeper. Most play well until 35 at least.

If Flavs is coming to the end of his career, is it wise to replace him with a less experienced and older player, and give him a three year contract?

Last edited:
If Flavs is coming to the end of his career, is it wise to replace him with a less experienced and older player, and give him a three year contract?

Don't say that you will get lambasted by the rose tinted's!

tbh, i think they see Mildenhall staying for three years (first choice for two) and then in his last year, they see MAsters starting to come in more with him being 1st choice in four seasons time.

If Master's ever makes first choice keeper then i will hand in me Shrimperzone membership!

If the club offered Darryl a two year contract and he accepted it, would he then also qualify for a testimonial match?

Change the record!

Who says you haven't got a sense of humour!

Or does changing the record explain how you went from slagging-off Kevin "captain crab" Maher and Nicky "can't pass water" Bailey to bemoaning the fact that one is gone and the other transfer-listed?

The point I was making was that Flahavan has tested the open market before and there weren't many takers.

Sorry, but is it seriously being suggested that management are planning who they are likely to pick in four season's time i.e - 2012/13??? I'm all for forward planning but that's ridiculous!

We might be in the Premier league by then! In fact, we might have won it by then. (Theoretically, obviously!)

Whats crazy is we are not showing any loyalty... Darryl has given us years of quality service between the sticks giving us some of the best years this club has seen. As said before Darryl won player of the year for this league and was one of the main reasons we won it... he was still good last year... don't forget man of the match performaces such as 2 penalty saves against Crewe... and we would not have even been in the tie going to Doncaster if it wasn't for his 1st leg performance!

He is still a quality keeper... sure hes shorter than some keepers but thats why he is with us and not in a higher division!!! He may be short but hes not flappy... there are some terrible keepers at this level, perhaps people won't realise just how lucky we have been until hes gone but for now I just wish the Darryl bashers would "GROW UP"!!!

Pun intended ;)

We can't keep handing out contracts based on a player's previous loyalty. If that were the case we would still have David Crown and Paul Clark on the payroll!

Daryl has been a good servant to the club for sure, but do we still want him here in three years time?

We can't keep handing out contracts based on a player's previous loyalty. If that were the case we would still have David Crown and Paul Clark on the payroll!

Daryl has been a good servant to the club for sure, but do we still want him here in three years time?

I'm sure Crowny is still on the payroll. :)

If Master's ever makes first choice keeper then i will hand in me Shrimperzone membership!

its a shame you feel like that but it cant see flav staying on the one year deal the club have offered him

but it he does go dont slam the door when you leave

Back