• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News SMS - Simon Francis Pens New Deal

That is great news. Until he makes a mistake at some point this season obviously and then half the fanbase give him **** from there on in...

Very glad to hear this though. Our most improved player last season I thought

Great news. A player contracted till 2011? Blimey. I remember the days when we handed out 1 year deals and 1 year deals only. :cool:

Thumbs up here. I hope all the people bagging the club for not sorting out contracts will be on here congratulating them too.

I think we should have been realistic and offered Francis two years.

He is definitely not Premier league quality.

Last edited:
fantastic news... who knows, it might persuade some of our other players. Francis was probably our most improved player last season, and I'm going to get his name on the back of my new shirt i reckon

That is brilliant news. Think Francis has become one of our best players in the last couple years and probably one of the most improved. Very pleased about this good news in a time when there isnt much else good to report!

fantastic news... who knows, it might persuade some of our other players. Francis was probably our most improved player last season, and I'm going to get his name on the back of my new shirt i reckon

Agreed.

I was gonna get bailey again, but looks like he is off. Francis will be a good as replacement as any.

Fantastic news, Franny is blue through and through. :D

Just a thought;

Ron says he wants players here that WANT to play for Southend.
Respect that.

Alan comes in, 'where do I sign?' job done.
Respect that.

Si comes out & says he wants to stay at Southend, wants to sort contract after being put on transfer list, gets 3 years.
Respect that.

No posturing required as these people say what they mean.

Dash

Last edited:
One of our best players for me, could easily make it at top champ level, just a class right back in every way.

Ozzy wants his babies.

Back