• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GWR and Hooper

Still say it's too early to be writing Revell off as well, give the guy a chance.

Barnard, looked good and sharp for pre season

Walker, good touches and held ball up but again no end product

Furlong, bit clumsy past his best hope tilly aint hoping for much, only 45 mins though

We were far more threatening with Furlong and Barnard in the second half. I agree that Furlong is past his best -- that's why we got a player worth millions years ago for free, I felt the way he shaped up for headers from crosses looked classy and for someone of 39 put in a lot of running in the 45 mins he was on the pitch. I think the plan will be for him and Barnard to play together and we put a lot more pressure on the GWR defence in the second half than in the first.

Still say it's too early to be writing Revell off as well, give the guy a chance.

...and i thought you had quite a decent opinion but i'm afraid that he IS worse than Harrold. If he hasn't got a first touch, and misses 4 sitters against Wakering then there is no hope. He couldn't even control the ball on a dead pitch with a good layer of grass. If he hasn't got it then it won't just appear. Tilson's worst signing imo and should get rid now. On the plus side, Scannel was excellent, pacey and strong, Max Noble looked lively and worth another look, Francis gets better and better. Early days but thought Furlong was poor, hardly won a header and spent most of his time on his ****, looked like Mark Rawle as well.

...and i thought you had quite a decent opinion but i'm afraid that he IS worse than Harrold. If he hasn't got a first touch, and misses 4 sitters against Wakering then there is no hope. He couldn't even control the ball on a dead pitch with a good layer of grass. If he hasn't got it then it won't just appear. Tilson's worst signing imo and should get rid now. On the plus side, Scannel was excellent, pacey and strong, Max Noble looked lively and worth another look, Francis gets better and better. Early days but thought Furlong was poor, hardly won a header and spent most of his time on his ****, looked like Mark Rawle as well.

There was just a bit of drizzle in the air yesterday which may have contributed to this. Also, coming from the man that said Bailey couldnt pass water, I wont take your usual pessimism with anything other than a pinch of salt

There was just a bit of drizzle in the air yesterday which may have contributed to this. Also, coming from the man that said Bailey couldnt pass water, I wont take your usual pessimism with anything other than a pinch of salt

Look, i'm not being negative unusual i know but the rest didn't have any problem at all and to blame a bit of drizzle is just ludicrous. Harrold, Paynter and Hooper are all better than him. I called Bailey far to early but this Revell i have seen at least 10 times and he is useless. And you can't keep on blaming the famous operation from last year!

Look, i'm not being negative unusual i know but the rest didn't have any problem at all and to blame a bit of drizzle is just ludicrous. Harrold, Paynter and Hooper are all better than him. I called Bailey far to early but this Revell i have seen at least 10 times and he is useless. And you can't keep on blaming the famous operation from last year!

I still feel you are missing the point with Revell. He has scored goals at this level (13 in 48 for Brighton) which isnt bad at this level and he was liked at Brighton so there must be something about him. Hooper and Harrold have failed to score goals at this level and Paynter, I will agree with you, was probably underrated at this club

I still feel you are missing the point with Revell. He has scored goals at this level (13 in 48 for Brighton) which isnt bad at this level and he was liked at Brighton so there must be something about him. Hooper and Harrold have failed to score goals at this level and Paynter, I will agree with you, was probably underrated at this club

Yep unbelievable, were they tap ins, penalties i don't know. Really don't wanna put the bloke down but last night he looked more amateurish than the amateurs. Would you agree that if you can't run or control a ball then it won't just happen, especially in the League. I've given him time and a chance to show what he is all about as with Scannell and am afraid the former will waste our time and his own if he hangs about ala Prince Harry!

Yep unbelievable, were they tap ins, penalties i don't know. Really don't wanna put the bloke down but last night he looked more amateurish than the amateurs. Would you agree that if you can't run or control a ball then it won't just happen, especially in the League. I've given him time and a chance to show what he is all about as with Scannell and am afraid the former will waste our time and his own if he hangs about ala Prince Harry!

Yes I would agree BUT the conditions were treacherous yesterday so it cant have been very easy to play in and like I have said, if he is sooo bad, why did the Brighton fans adore him? Supporters dont normally adore crap players!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jxcZhRYCsAs

Tilson's worst signing imo and should get rid now.

That title surely has to go unchallenged to Richie Foran though?

Revell - I'm not his biggest fan but I going to give him the benefit of the doubt and lay off him until it's proven he's not exactly the player we hoped he would be! He does bring other things to the table though and judging by the Crossbar Challenge footage is one of the squad's jokers!

Benjamin is, I believe the Brazilian guy from Ferroviaria in Belo Horizonte. He played left back in the first half and right back in the second and looked really good on the ball. Had a delicate chip into the mixer which was sublime. Furlong looks to have replaced his legs with lead, as he just couldnt get airborne and was often muscled off of the ball by GWR defenders.

However, lets not get too carried away! Last season, Harrold scored 8 goals in pre season and Bailey looked toilet, so kep the faith for just a little while longer. I also believe that there are signings in the pipeline.

Benjamin is, I believe the Brazilian guy from Ferroviaria in Belo Horizonte. He played left back in the first half and right back in the second and looked really good on the ball. Had a delicate chip into the mixer which was sublime. Furlong looks to have replaced his legs with lead, as he just couldnt get airborne and was often muscled off of the ball by GWR defenders.

However, lets not get too carried away! Last season, Harrold scored 8 goals in pre season and Bailey looked toilet, so kep the faith for just a little while longer. I also believe that there are signings in the pipeline.

Don't say that you'll get people excited.

If this Benjamin chap is rubbish at defending but good going forward why not try him out on left wing? If he's got the typical Brazilian control you suggest could be a good move.

The 2 Brazilians from there are like 13 and 14 though. And neither were called Benjamin. Would be nice if the official site actually gave us some details...................

Back