• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If needed would you help build fossetts??

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Just a thought , but say there are major delays with fossetts because of the recession now would you be willing to give up your time and help build fossetts?

Im sure that roots hall was built with a massive amount of help from the fans and it would be kind of fitting if the fans ralied and did the same with fossetts to get the job complete.

Just a thought , but say there are major delays with fossetts because of the recession now would you be willing to give up your time and help build fossetts?

Im sure that roots hall was built with a massive amount of help from the fans and it would be kind of fitting if the fans ralied and did the same with fossetts to get the job complete.

I think the Health and Safety Exec might have quite a lot to say about that!

If 95% of multi-national billion pound construction firms struggle to finish the majority of stadia on time and to budget using the best in the business, I have some doubts that (albeit enthusiastic) members of Shrimperzone would be able to improve the situation....just a hunch

If 95% of multi-national billion pound construction firms struggle to finish the majority of stadia on time and to budget using the best in the business, I have some doubts that (albeit enthusiastic) members of Shrimperzone would be able to improve the situation....just a hunch

I am sure there are members of Shrimperszone and other fans groups that would be well qualified to help in the building of Fossetts Farm even if it was just landscaping, and painting etc.

There MUST be a member who is well qualified and has experience in building stadiums that could supervise? Hmmmmm, now that reminds me of someone, but who?

I personally would be quite happy to help install the beer and Lager pumps in all the bars and fully test them, I mite have to be carried to one of the hotel rooms each evening as it would be such exhausting work. ;)

I am sure there are members of Shrimperszone and other fans groups that would be well qualified to help in the building of Fossetts Farm even if it was just landscaping, and painting etc.

There MUST be a member who is well qualified and has experience in building stadiums that could supervise? Hmmmmm, now that reminds me of someone, but who?

I personally would be quite happy to help install the beer and Lager pumps in all the bars and fully test them, I mite have to be carried to one of the hotel rooms each evening as it would be such exhausting work. ;)

Hmmm...not entirely convinced! If you can find me a team of architects, landscape designers, M&E sub-contractors, ground-workers and a good legal team...for free...I'd be happy to help :D

Do you think MK Dons would notice if we took a fleet of lorries up to MK one night and stole their stadium and erected it the next day at FF ? Save a fortune in materials.
g065.gif

Do you think MK Dons would notice if we took a fleet of lorries up to MK one night and stole their stadium and erected it the next day at FF ? Save a fortune in materials.
g065.gif

Have Cricko and you finished digging the footings you both started then Ken?

Yeah when i did this post i didnt exactly mean that a mcdonalds worker should go over the site and start driving plant.

What i meant is that there are loads of qualified workers who follow southend that may be willing to give up there time if the club needed it.

They should get Sid Broomfield to dig the first spade into the ground & get him to lay the last brick, just as he would have done at Roots Hall in 1955.

I'd be more then happy to lend a hand....not that it would happen ofcourse because the chances are impossible that they would just advertise for help.

Im hoping that my firm get work there doing the mastic, as its the same arcitects that built normally use the main contractors who use us. Its all a big chain that im hoping comes my way

There is NO need to worry about getting this thing built.. Infact labour is now cheeper than ever for this project - due to the housing 'crisis' building firms have been laying off builders left right and centre... Ron (or more to the point the contactors appointed) has the pick the bunch to build this thing...

There is NO need to worry about getting this thing built.. Infact labour is now cheeper than ever for this project - due to the housing 'crisis' building firms have been laying off builders left right and centre... Ron (or more to the point the contactors appointed) has the pick the bunch to build this thing...

True buts thats going to be offset by the price of steel and the price of muck away which have gone up quite a bit.

For instance at the start of this year I could get steel for around £400 a tonne but now its pushing £800 a tonne and when you think hundreds and hundreds of tonnes of steel will go into the new stadium its a big price hike! and that's direct from big steel players like Rainham Steel

I have got several tons of hardcore that I was going to fly tip but am willing to donate to the new stadium project.

I'd be more than happy to help draft the contract and/or commence litigation against whoever had failed to deliver the thing on time (subject to payment of my fees, naturally)... it's actually my day-job!

:thump:

Back