• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Please vote - National Memorial Arboretum -

2 minutes of your time, to vote for lottery funding to a worthy, a very worthy cause.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...stchancetohelpArmedForcesMemorialwinaward.htm

www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards

By the way, the fundings taken place, but this is for an award.

I think you are possessed by some old War hero J ...and stuck in a time wharp..none of us forget our past and how we have the freedom we do today thanks to our elders....

You have to start living for today, not what has gone by.Of course I support our troops anywhere, but you are making it a lottery.

I think you are possessed by some old War hero J ...and stuck in a time wharp..none of us forget our past and how we have the freedom we do today thanks to our elders....

You have to start living for today, not what has gone by.

Without the past, we wouldn't be where we are today, not that this has anything to do with the thread.

how many war memorials do we need, that money could have gone on sick kids or homes for the homeless, new cancer treatment equipment, im sure if you asked the dead soldiers they would rather the above options

Without the past, we wouldn't be where we are today, not that this has anything to do with the thread.

Yes and we would have nothing without the future those people gave us..They did not fight for us to live in the past.

how many war memorials do we need, that money could have gone on sick kids or homes for the homeless, new cancer treatment equipment, im sure if you asked the dead soldiers they would rather the above options

I'm sure if you asked the "DEAD SOLDIERS" They would want it, after all, not much else is given for them, or their families.

Perhaps i can spell R E S P E C T for you.

Yes and we would have nothing without the future those people gave us..They did not fight for us to live in the past.

But the past, should never go without remembrance..

I wear my poppy with pride every year and donate accordingly just for the record, I also fully respect and support our armed forces, we have plenty of war memorials, the fact I believe two million quid would be better spent shows no disrespect whatsoever just rational thinking.

But the past, should never go without remembrance..

I don't and would never doubt that .But there has to be a level..Soldiers go into the Army or whatever knowing full well they could die ( heaven forbid) For a reason .maybe it is there yearning to defend there country........Pah I bet it never starts with I must defend my Country...........

Of Course we must never forget, but these days there are to many wars over nothing but self gain and to many lives lost for nothing.

I don't and would never doubt that .But there has to be a level..Soldiers go into the Army or whatever knowing full well they could die ( heaven forbid) For a reason .maybe it there yearning to defend there country........Pah I bet it never starts with I must defend my Country...........

Of Course we must never forget, but these days there are to many wars over nothing but self gain.

John, no soldier/airmen/sailor joins up to die. They Join up for a job, a job that may lead to having to fight. They know that.

But I absolutely detest the "they signed up and knew they might die.." Bollox, absolutely Bollox, no one signs up to die.

And, for sure, i know, that people do it to defend their country, to make the difference, to make sure people like you and others don't have to.

If you don't want to vote, don't, thats why people gave their lives, so we could all have a choice.

John, no soldier/airmen/sailor joins up to die. They Join up for a job, a job that may lead to having to fight. They know that.
Hence they know that in this World climate they are putting there lives on the line.. I have never seen much gained by any war/fight in this world only misery.

But I absolutely detest the "they signed up and knew they might die.." Bollox, absolutely Bollox, no one signs up to die.

Of course they know it is a risk .

And, for sure, i know, that people do it to defend their country, to make the difference, to make sure people like you and others don't have to.

Errr we are only in NO WIN wars abroad as as soldiers die daily ..defending what ?,our Freedom, or are we the puppets of the USA

If you don't want to vote, don't, thats why people gave their lives, so we could all have a choice.

Case closed.

Case closed.

Sorry John, it's pretty clear, to me and probably many others, that you haven't proved anything, in fact, i think you are probably avoiding what could be interesting debate.

Here's one question.. would you do it? Sign up - in fact, an open question to the board -
It's easy criticising soliders, but would anybody here do that job? Some i know do, some have, some might.. but not many - these people should always be praised, as heroes.

I said they don't sign up to die, yes it's a risk, but not something you sign up for.

Last edited:
I did not misquote only fooked up with my pasting.

You are living in the past. I have total respect for all our forces .I have more respect for the countless families that are left fatherless by pointless Wars we can never win.....that is NOT defending our country.

I did not misquote only fooked up with my pasting.

You are living in the past. I have total respect for all our forces .I have more respect for the countless families that are left fatherless by pointless Wars we can never win.....that is NOT defending our country.

My opinion, and opinion it is, is they are defending our countrie's interests. And, unfortunately, our interests are out in the 'stan and the rack at the moment. No it's not oil, it's the knowledge of knowing that there is 1 less evil *******, everytime one is killed. One less evil ******* to blow themselves up on the tube, one less evil ******* to fly a plane into a high riser, one less ******* to conduct terrorism on our land, or any other. Believe it or not, this is actually what is being fought for.

Last edited:
... and how can i live in the past? as you have put it.. when many things are in fact, more relevant today than ever?

Here's one question.. would you do it? Sing up - in fact, an open question to the board -
It's easy criticising soliders, but would anybody here do that job? Some i know do, some have, some might.. but not many - these people should always be praised, as heroes.

I said they don't sign up to die, yes it's a risk, but not something you sign up for.

|Nope because we are not fighting over our country we are fighting political wars that head of country's tell us to...........Err who tried to stem our freedom this time or wanted to invade the UK ?....Yes of course there are terrorists....in every country in the world....fat chance we have.

It is like sending our brave chaps ( lambs ) to the slaughter

Wow you feel strongly.. you posted twice ;)

Back