• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
For those of you that do not buy the programme tonight, here is a little piece from TBV.

Good evening everyone and welcome to our encounter with Brighton.
Friday night football is back at The Hall and it always seems to help with the atmosphere. I don’t know what it is about Friday football, but it just seems so much more enjoyable. There is always a notable increase in the noise and general "buzz" around the old place on Friday’s and I have never been able to really figure out why?…
Well, whatever the reason is, long may Friday night football continue and let’s try and apply some of this increased "buzz" to Saturday and Tuesday games aswell!…

So, two league games down and 4 points on the board, a solid start by our boys. When you consider the size and average age of our squad at present, they are two good results, against two sides who in all honesty, should be challenging towards the play-off spots this season.

We all know that the finances are tight at the moment due to the stadium development amongst other things. Tilly and Brush will have a small squad to choose from this season, so it is imperative that we lend our support more than ever. The small group of lads has a long hard season ahead of them, so let’s not moan about the size of the squad, let’s get behind them and act as another member of the team. We are "supporters" so we need to support right from the off and help our team get through another grueling campaign. All the lads that put on the blue shirt of Southend United Football Club need and deserve our 110% backing at all times. Being a supporter carries no exceptions…

Moving on, I have a few pieces of general news for you. Thanks to ShrimperZone.com and the generousity of many fans, The Blue Voice has received a generous sum of money to go towards new display material for this season. This was raised by the ShrimperZone.com team via a raffle, at their BBQ Party in the Spread Eagle, on the opening day of the season. Many Thanks to you guys!

We are at the stage now where we are planning on what games to put displays on this season. We will be working closely with the club and The Trust and will announce in due course what games we are planning as "Blue Voice" days! In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions on what away or home trips we should be looking to "put on a show" at, please get in touch. We would also welcome ideas on display material that you would like to see used. Would you like to see another "Doncaster" type flag display? Would you like Bam-Bams again! Or would you like to see something else? We are doing this for you, so let us know what you want to see…

All that is left for me to say is "from an acorn grows a tree" The Blue Voice is merely planting that acorn at present, ready for the tree to mature, when we move to our new home. So please support our initiative now and in the future, as we strive to make sure by the time we move, we have everything in place to create an atmosphere that is second to none.

If you would like more info on The Blue Voice, please visit
www.shrimperzone.com or alternatively join our Facebook group at www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5784612766 The Official Blue Voice website will be up and running very soon so keep your eyes peeled and make sure you join us when we go live. We need your support!

We are in this together...

UTB.

Lee Smith
Chairman,
For and on behalf of The
Blue Voice Committee.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions on what away or home trips we should be looking to "put on a show" at, please get in touch.

Col Ewe always a good one to do!

We would also welcome ideas on display material that you would like to see used. Would you like to see another "Doncaster" type flag display? Would you like Bam-Bams again! Or would you like to see something else? We are doing this for you, so let us know what you want to see…

The blow horn things, make it a bit louder!

They're my two ideas.

Personally, I think it'd be a good idea to have some stuff in reserve in case we're suddenly thrust into the TV spotlight. Donny looked awesome from my settee so a repeat of that would be good.

Are there many people who do not buy a programme?

I enjoy these themes as do many others and Donny away in the place offs was brilliant.

Just one suggestion though. When handing out flags etc at the ground would it not be fair to only give one per person. My hubby and I ended up giving our flags to some of the smaller kids at the end of the games as some were crying at not being able to get one and to make matters worse I saw some people with 5 or 6.

As the other posts I think Col U would be an excellent game

I buy a programme for every single game I go to, and now with my Dad not being a season ticket holder anymore I buy 2. I won't read it now as I always enjoy reading articles while the teams warm up. :) Look forward to reading it.

Student budget means no programmes for me.

So it was nice to see this posted here. A good read. While people are nominating the big games for "big" TBV occasions, would it not be an idea to suggest some of the less glamorous ties, to provide support for the boys in blue when they may need it most? Facing teams like Leeds, Colchester and Leicester, the crowd are more than likely going to be 'up for it' anyway...

I see TBV was in the Squad in said programme. No 13.....didnt see you during the warm up tho Smiffy, did you pull a hamstring putting your boots on?

Muchas gracias.

There's a column penned by yours truly in every home programme, so please do check it out.

Although I must admit, it's a bit hard finding stuff to write about tbh!!.

i think blus voice needs to move to the south stand near the family section, at its current position it seems to be out on a limb and no one jions in. if it moves to south lower or upper it might get everyone singing

i think blus voice needs to move to the south stand near the family section, at its current position it seems to be out on a limb and no one jions in. if it moves to south lower or upper it might get everyone singing

Yeah i think its time we had a meeting with Mr Adamson (is that right?) To discuss a move. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we moved to the other end.

Are there many people who do not buy a programme?

I enjoy these themes as do many others and Donny away in the place offs was brilliant.

Just one suggestion though. When handing out flags etc at the ground would it not be fair to only give one per person. My hubby and I ended up giving our flags to some of the smaller kids at the end of the games as some were crying at not being able to get one and to make matters worse I saw some people with 5 or 6.

As the other posts I think Col U would be an excellent game

Hi Jackie

I was one of those giving out the flags last time. We were trying to give out only one to each person but when people come over saying they didn't get one what can you do? I have a good memory but can't remember everyone I handed a flag to!

I agree with having them at the Col U game too.

Is there any reason why the flags haven't made an appearance yet Smiffy?

Yes Rich they were all hidden in various places. I went to the club before the last game and have now sorted them all out..They will be back on Tuesday mate.

Back