• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We Miss Maher

Would certainly feel a lot happier going to Walsall next week with Maher in the team that I do with a Sawyer/Grant combo

I dont think we miss Maher at all, we DO miss Nicky Bailey but he was sold. Then again we could say we miss Peter Butler, David Martin, Mike Marsh, Ronnie Pountney et al but theyre not here. GET OVER IT !!!! Support the players we have got here and who knows in 10 years time (and lets be honest it took Maher 6 seasons before he was regarded as good), Moussa, Grant and McCormack might be 10 times better than Kevin 'the crab' Maher.

I dont think we miss Maher at all, we DO miss Nicky Bailey but he was sold. Then again we could say we miss Peter Butler, David Martin, Mike Marsh, Ronnie Pountney et al but theyre not here. GET OVER IT !!!! Support the players we have got here and who knows in 10 years time (and lets be honest it took Maher 6 seasons before he was regarded as good), Moussa, Grant and McCormack might be 10 times better than Kevin 'the crab' Maher.

And in the intervening 6 years, we should have a mediocre centre midfield pairing?

I must be the only one who thinks this isn't the case.

With Moussa, Grant, McCormack, Sawyer and co we do not miss Maher.

All of these players are fitter, better passes of the ball, more technical and can all score. Something Maher struggled on.

Yes lets get somebody back who feels its ok to punch less senior members of the squad...

Quiet right, we miss a player in central midfield who can out his foot on the ball and create a chance with a good pass. We should never of let him go.

Maher had his golden season with us in the CCC, I was amazed at how he raised his game at that higher level. He and we can be rightfuy proud of his achievements and we narrowly missed out from escaping the trap door.

Cannot fault him for keeping possession, but, he did frustrate by passing backward and sideways so often and his creativity was not all that, looking back, but his partnership in tandem with Macca was superb [2 seasoned pros at top of their game] and we are going to have to work hard to get back to that level, without Bailey

No........

OK thanks for that, but if he did, then that is what might very occasionally be expected when a group of men have to live with each other day in day out for 10 mths of the year. It is a mans game and tempers can erupt in certain circumstances. Does not make him a bad person in my book, if the answer was in the affirmative.

Having Maher in the squad right now would be very useful, however that wouldnt make it right.

We had enough midfielders to warrant letting Maher go, he was never going to be a 1st teamer again and wasnt going to accept a reserve place. Keeping him just for extreme times like this wasnt feasible.

well said....especially the GET OVER IT part.

We may miss a 26/27 year old Maher but we dont miss a 30 year old one

thats absolute crap we miss maher massively and I think its scandelous the way he has been treated by this club, it certainley wouldnt make me as a player think about being loyal to the club, if I have seen the way they bullied a club captain out of the club. Maher would be in my starting eleven every week my god how we miss him , its just a joke......

I noted that on his Oldham debut the NotW gave him 3/10.

Speaking to an Oldham fan at work he didn't rate much of him. But I agree, right now, we could do with him.

Back