• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

to all you ****ing genius fans chanting at the keeper tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the recent peformances are more than enough evidence. What happens when no money's invested? I tell ya, what is currently happening at the club.

Where do we get this extra money from to invest?

We're in the **** financially and have been for well over a decade, which predates Ron Martin's involvement.

All the blame keeps landing at Mildenhalls door, not guys in front of him who keep getting skinned, turned inside out, making weak defensive headers, giving away penalties and leaving the shortest bloke in the penalty area unmarked to make a clean header.

Let's be fair now, i don't agree with the chants at all but this bloke has got nothing. Once again in the warm up with Lee Turner he spilt everything, surely no pressure or confidence issues before a game. He isn't gonna win over the fans if he is static on his line, fumbling the bread and butter stuff and genuinely being nowhere near anything. Flahavan has gone and all we ask for is a reasonable League 1 keeper that can keep the goals against to a minimum. I'm afraid Mildy is not much better than Conference and with him in goal we are gonna have to score at least 3 a game!

Where do we get this extra money from to invest?

We're in the **** financially and have been for well over a decade, which predates Ron Martin's involvement.

He has supposedly *written off* the debt, well that is what has been said many times, and you cannot deny that. The money in from recent transfers, sky appearances etc etc, and so far - we've had billy paynter, matt harrold and alex revell to shout about, a keeper who may be 6 plus, but cannot make 6 saves, a midfield who have just graduated from playschool, a forward who is so past his sell by date he should be put down, and a clown for a chairman who thinks that he can cover over cracks with young players from chelsea. Get a grip.

that goes for the ***** in South Upper calling Mildenhall a c*nt at the top of your voices.........not only for our player and team but the children and ladies present too.

Disgrace. You know who you are.

What a prikc.

Honestly,spend yer money at a club like Spurs where they scream abuse at their own players.

Mate,i feel sorry for you having to put up with summat like that.

I haven't read any of this thread apart from the first 2 posts as quite frankly I can't be bothered to think about this subject as I'm more ****ed off at it than I am with the result tonight. I sat there in the Greens listening to utter crap spouted about the keeper biting my tongue so not to launch into them, seriously thinking "I don't really wanna sit in this environment on Sat 13th".

Reading that he was "awful" tonight pushed me into replying. He was NOT awful at all. No chance with any of the goals, nearly saved the penalty yadda yadda. I despise I really do. Are people really that rose tinted to stop them from seeing what is actually to blame? The shower of **** that is in front of him is to blame. Midfield not tracking runners, a centre half playing left back all at sea positionally, a right back playing centre back and all out chaos right through the team. The lack of organisation and discipline throughout the team is to blame, not a keeper beaten by 3 good finishes and a penalty.
i for 1 have spoke my mind on mildenhall. i don't rate him and i fink it's a step backward for us, yet 2nite he wasn't as bad as he has been (despite flapping at a corner and the 1st goal went straight thru him). i think the reason he's getting so much stick is becos he has been poor, and more and more people are pickin up on it. but the defence is also poor, and it's now 13 goals in 3 games. alarm bells should be ringing.

There was. For Joyce, presumably.
yes an untried keeper that we have seen very little of, who incidentelly is being kept out of the team by MIldenhall who is picked by tilly and brush who have seen probably thousands of matches in there time. and
hundreds of players

kinda makes you laugh the way they are all singing a guys name that they know fek all about and whos it gonna be the week after that masters???

zzzzzzzzzz

a forward who is so past his sell by date he should be put down,
hahahahahahahahahahha i actually laughed proper loud at that. go on furlong, **** off and take ur zimmer wiv you! hahahahahah

Cam down calm down.

We are not playing well but there is lots being done by Tilly at the mo and though it might take some time there is time to sort it.

Football sadly attracts many morons and we have our fair share at Roots Hall. The Blue Voice have made great efforts to date - trouble is they will always attract the spotty youths hangers on who have no sense and chants like what happened tonight are somewhat inevitable given what was going on out on the pitch.

What is important for TBV is how those that organise it seek to react to this negative moronisty that is seemingly attaching itself. Not sure I have the answer to that at the mo but True Blue et al will I am sure think of something sensible in the cold light of day and act on it. Positively.

The fans really do have an influence on the players and they should realise that negative chanting or shouts gets only a negative reaction. A small eg was in the first half when some dim wit in the east greens which I was sampling for a change tonight shouted something uncomplimentary at Francis - he rather suprisingly reacted to this by shouting 'f off' back. Not great stuff by either party but if that 'fan' had shouted encouragement instead then maybe Francis would have just been more encouraged himself.

Negativity breeds negativity. And it only gets worse in a ground 25% ful where the shouts echo around more easily.

Time to stop the rot on the terrace to help stop the rot on the pitch

UTB

yes an untried keeper that we have seen very little of, who incidentelly is being kept out of the team by MIldenhall who is picked by tilly and brush who have seen probably thousands of matches in there time. and
hundreds of players

kinda makes you laugh the way they are all singing a guys name that they know fek all about and whos it gonna be the week after that masters???

zzzzzzzzzz

Indeed. I've only seen Joyce the once, at Chelmsford, and he looked to have a decent bit of potential but made his fair share of mistakes. I'd imagine the last thing he'd need right now would be to be playing in the first team behind this back four and in front of certain sections of our support.

He has supposedly *written off* the debt, well that is what has been said many times, and you cannot deny that. The money in from recent transfers, sky appearances etc etc, and so far - we've had billy paynter, matt harrold and alex revell to shout about, a keeper who may be 6 plus, but cannot make 6 saves, a midfield who have just graduated from playschool, a forward who is so past his sell by date he should be put down, and a clown for a chairman who thinks that he can cover over cracks with young players from chelsea. Get a grip.

OK, so having written off most of that debt (I don't believe all of it has been written off), you think the way forward is to get into more debt?

The money from the Sky appearances, from recent transfers has all been spent. Players like Peter Clarke, Simon Francis, Alan McCormack don't play for free. They will be on championship wages and we're only a league one club.

The money we've received from the Bailey transfer (which I doubt is anywhere near the £750k quoted, as it will be mainly in instalments and when certain landmarks are reached) will have gone towards the wages of the two French blokes, Freedman, Robson-Kanu and Sawyer.

I haven't read any of this thread apart from the first 2 posts as quite frankly I can't be bothered to think about this subject as I'm more ****ed off at it than I am with the result tonight. I sat there in the Greens listening to utter crap spouted about the keeper biting my tongue so not to launch into them, seriously thinking "I don't really wanna sit in this environment on Sat 13th".

Reading that he was "awful" tonight pushed me into replying. He was NOT awful at all. No chance with any of the goals, nearly saved the penalty yadda yadda. I despise I really do. Are people really that rose tinted to stop them from seeing what is actually to blame? The shower of **** that is in front of him is to blame. Midfield not tracking runners, a centre half playing left back all at sea positionally, a right back playing centre back and all out chaos right through the team. The lack of organisation and discipline throughout the team is to blame, not a keeper beaten by 3 good finishes and a penalty.

And reading this tripe makes me sick. Can't you get it for once that no, they aint blatant through the legs errors but every attack he is nowhere to be seen. He stands head and shoulders above everyone and just don't wanna get involved or hurt. Couple that with his attrocious handling and it all adds up to why Notts County paid him off to get rid, now get real and stop covering up for him as it is no good strenghening the side in other areas if you have an empty net for the opposition to shoot in!

Can I simply dare to suggest that we all calm down and stop arguing with one another...I am as ****ed off as anybody here...I have given 14 years of support through thick and (mainly) thin, but I am as fed up as I have been for a long time with our supporters of late...in-fighting at away games...in-fighting at home games...anonymous in-fighting on bloody message boards...it is wholly destructive. Fat or thin, big or small, black or white, we are all Southend here and we are all supporting the same cause...lets act that way.

And J dear boy...I am as annoyed with Mr Martin as you are (for different reasons - doesn't appear to have the courtesy to respond to mail rather like the commercial department), but lets not jump to conclusions about where his interests lie...not just yet eh.

Lets just get on with following the team and give the management a few more games to turn this shambolic situation around.

And reading this tripe makes me sick. Can't you get it for once that no, they aint blatant through the legs errors but every attack he is nowhere to be seen. He stands head and shoulders above everyone and just don't wanna get involved or hurt. Couple that with his attrocious handling and it all adds up to why Notts County paid him off to get rid, now get real and stop covering up for him as it is no good strenghening the side in other areas if you have an empty net for the opposition to shoot in!
yeovil paid him to bugger off aswell. how much will it cost us. lets 'av a whip round. i'll chuck in 30p. gota be near that mark?

Let's be fair now, i don't agree with the chants at all but this bloke has got nothing. Once again in the warm up with Lee Turner he spilt everything, surely no pressure or confidence issues before a game. He isn't gonna win over the fans if he is static on his line, fumbling the bread and butter stuff and genuinely being nowhere near anything. Flahavan has gone and all we ask for is a reasonable League 1 keeper that can keep the goals against to a minimum. I'm afraid Mildy is not much better than Conference and with him in goal we are gonna have to score at least 3 a game!

Goodness Wiggy i agree with you. But those chants tonight will not help matters. and did anyone watch Masters kicking at half time ?

He has supposedly *written off* the debt, well that is what has been said many times, and you cannot deny that.
He has never once said he has written off the debt to my knowledge.

The only debt he may have written off is the rent of Roots Hall, however I think that was actually Delancy who realised they were never going to recover the money anyway. The GBP 8 MILLION to my knowledge is still listed on the clubs books.

It's still listed in the accounts to my knowledge. Perhaps you should buy a copy of the last 10 years and see what it takes to run a football club. I'm pretty sure even the year we sold Freddy we only made 100k profit, which shows you that to SURVIVE we have to sell players.

I love all this sh*t about selling Bailey as well. Like him or not, Ron hardly went behind Baileys back to try and sell him did he?! If he had done that I could have actually understood it. Bailey made it openly clear he didn't want to stay and Ron had no choice. If he had kept him and Bailey hadn't of performed for two games then no doubt there would be fans booing Bailey and calling Ron an idiot for not selling him when he had the chance.

Obviously, I wasn't at the game tonight, but it is the worst cup competition in the football league. Five years ago there was not even a thousand fans turning up for games like these and now some, who probably weren't even included within the thousand five years ago, are now making out it's the biggest tragedy ever. We're four games into the League season !!!

Can I simply dare to suggest that we all calm down and stop arguing with one another...I am as ****ed off as anybody here...I have given 14 years of support through thick and (mainly) thin, but I am as fed up as I have been for a long time with our supporters of late...in-fighting at away games...in-fighting at home games...anonymous in-fighting on bloody message boards...it is wholly destructive. Fat or thin, big or small, black or white, we are all Southend here and we are all supporting the same cause...lets act that way.

And J dear boy...I am as annoyed with Mr Martin as you are (for different reasons - doesn't appear to have the courtesy to respond to mail rather like the commercial department), but lets not jump to conclusions about where his interests lie...not just yet eh.

Lets just get on with following the team and give the management a few more games to turn this shambolic situation around.

I am not jumping to conclusions, that's for sure. It's opinion, and it's mine, and i'll keep it, and no one will change it.

I think the "In-fighting" is good on here, it livens it up for once. Unfortunately, there is a couple of people on here, me, cockles, Irate Ian, some others, and we're fighting thousands of Zulu's, well that's what it feels like - and all i wanna do is break out in to men of harlech.

Wiggy, what the **** could Mildy do for any of the goals? What would flavs have done better. For once open your ****ing eyes and realise that the root cause of conceding 11 in 3 games is not solely the ****ing goalkeeper. In fact i would argue that Barretts performace tonight was **** poor, but nowhere has he been slagged off. Mildy is a decent keeper, plain for all to see IMO but his confidence is shot. Give the guy a ****ing chance.

He has never once said he has written off the debt to my knowledge.

The only debt he may have written off is the rent of Roots Hall, however I think that was actually Delancy who realised they were never going to recover the money anyway. The GBP 8 MILLION to my knowledge is still listed on the clubs books.

It's still listed in the accounts to my knowledge. Perhaps you should buy a copy of the last 10 years and see what it takes to run a football club. I'm pretty sure even the year we sold Freddy we only made 100k profit, which shows you that to SURVIVE we have to sell players.

I love all this sh*t about selling Bailey as well. Like him or not, Ron hardly went behind Baileys back to try and sell him did he?! If he had done that I could have actually understood it. Bailey made it openly clear he didn't want to stay and Ron had no choice. If he had kept him and Bailey hadn't of performed for two games then no doubt there would be fans booing Bailey and calling Ron an idiot for not selling him when he had the chance.

Obviously, I wasn't at the game tonight, but it was the worst cup competition in the football league. Five years ago there was not even a thousand fans turning up for games like these and now some, who probably weren't even included within the thousand five years ago, are now making out it's the biggest tragedy ever. We're four games into the League season !!!

So because it's the "worst" cup in the league, that makes it ok? It makes it ok for shocking pkayers and staff to just let it go.. After all, it was only a chance at wembley.

yeovil paid him to bugger off aswell. how much will it cost us. lets 'av a whip round. i'll chuck in 30p. gota be near that mark?

But who the hell scouts these players. Not totally convinced by Joyce but can't be any worse and don't think Masters will ever make it. To think we have got rid of two that were well adequate is yet another very bad management decision!

So because it's the "worst" cup in the league, that makes it ok? It makes it ok for shocking pkayers and staff to just let it go.. After all, it was only a chance at wembley.
Are you going to protest and boo our youth players when we get knocked out of the Essex Senior Cup too? I mean, that's really important bragging rights over Col Ewe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back