• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The tale of two halfs

ashingdon shrimper

Youth Team
Is it me, or is there a worrying trend to play badly in the second half. it seems to have happened in virtually every game this season. Today we had a strong first half and should have been 2 or 3 - 0 up, then half time blows and we come out a different side. I can only put it down to 2 things, the first is that certain key players have just run out of steam and need to be subbed earlier or that tilson needs to change his half time pep talk. We are throwing too many advantages away in the second half of games, there is not a team so far this season that has been better in the first half. A good result today lets build on it not throw it away

Certainly agree that we seem to have a worrying knack of going straight onto the back foot as soon as the whistle goes for the second half lately, no matter if we kick off or not.

It felt like tactics this afternoon... I am certain Tilly must have asked the widemen to sit tighter in the middle. Even when people were screaming to Walker to get wide he didnt, and Tilson made no effort to get him to go wide. There was more width on the right second half than the left, but still far less effective

I have it on good authority that Tilson has two half time talks depending on the situation we find ourselves in . If we are winning or generally on top he says -

'Lads you've done ever so well and if you keep working your socks off we deserve to win this'

On the other hand if things are not going too well Tilly uses his 'confidence booster ' talk which goes something like

'Lads you've done ever so well and if you keep working your socks off we deserve to win this'

We're currently relying in central midfield on an 18 year old who doesn't have the legs to play 90 minutes.

Sawyer has been puffed before half-time every game I've seen him so far.

He looks like a decent player in the making, but he can't play 90 minutes at this stage of his fledgling career.

Thought we ran out of steam first half after about 15 minutes to be honest and only picked up again once we scored.

Great start to the game and half a dozen chances within first 10 minutes and looked like we were going to score a hatful but they went off the boil.

It felt like tactics this afternoon... I am certain Tilly must have asked the widemen to sit tighter in the middle. Even when people were screaming to Walker to get wide he didnt, and Tilson made no effort to get him to go wide. There was more width on the right second half than the left, but still far less effective

Walker is no left winger and is always looking to come inside. Although he did cross once with left foot late in the game.

I think if you are playing a player out wide, out of position, they're better on the flank that they're footed. That is, Walker on the right. Betsy, as a natural winger, would therefore play on the left.

Walker is no left winger and is always looking to come inside. Although he did cross once with left foot late in the game.

I think if you are playing a player out wide, out of position, they're better on the flank that they're footed. That is, Walker on the right. Betsy, as a natural winger, would therefore play on the left.

I think I was the only person in the ground that thought Walker did quite well. He always looked to get a shot in when he could and I though him cutting in from the left looked dangerous.

He faided badly in the 2nd half but then so did everyone bar maybe Mildenhall.

Back