• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Platini vs Wenger

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Just read on sky sports Platini's attack on Wenger, which is strange.

Platini replied: "I like to talk about football, him (Wenger) about business. We must stop with Wenger and all that."
Platini then said he hoped video assistance would never come into football, adding: "It would make me happy that Arsene Wenger never sees it."

Later in the interview, Platini again targeted Wenger when asked about his thoughts on Romanian side CFR Cluj's unexpected victory over Roma in the UEFA Champions League last week.

"That is what makes football so great," Platini said. "It is what people like Wenger do not want, little clubs beating the big clubs, because they want their business."

Is this a hidden attack on English footy because Wenger has a team that plays delightful football while France are crap.

Perhaps a Slipperduke column about the subject would be in order.

Used to like Platini as a player but since he became a mouth piece he seems to frequently have it in for our sides, is this just because he is French?

Platini is the best thing to happen to football administration for some time.

He's a football man rather than a corrupt politician like Blatter at Fifa. His success as a player and as a world cup organiser gave him the independence to speak out against the self-interest of the G14.

Stop reading the spin put out by the Big 4's mouthpieces and instead look at what he is saying. Cluj beating Roma was the best thing that could happen to the Champion$ L€agu€. I just hope Platini is able to take on the vested interests and reform the Champion$ L€agu€ to stop it becoming a closed shop. More power to Platini please.

More power to Platini please.

Didnt he want to reduce the number of English teams because we have been too good in recent years?

instead look at what he is saying

Well if he is dismissing Wenger as a football man, and saying he is primarily a business man, then I don't get it. If every manager tried to play football like Wengers teams do, it would be a lot more exciting, in fact Platini in a Wenger team would be sensational.

More power to Platini please
And where did he stand with the Blatter comment about footballers being treated like slaves, which was to most people totally ridiculous.

Didnt he want to reduce the number of English teams because we have been too good in recent years?

Not quite, he wanted to reduce the number of English teams because it is ludicrous having 4 English teams competing in the so-called Champions League.

Well if he is dismissing Wenger as a football man, and saying he is primarily a business man, then I don't get it. If every manager tried to play football like Wengers teams do, it would be a lot more exciting, in fact Platini in a Wenger team would be sensational.

He isn't dismissing Wenger as a football man. He's saying football should be primarily about football, not business. Yet Wenger wants to talk business not football.

And where did he stand with the Blatter comment about footballers being treated like slaves, which was to most people totally ridiculous.

I can't remember what he actually said. But I seem to remember his actual quotes sounded quite reasonable, it was the media spin that made it sound like an attack on English football.

Yet Wenger wants to talk business not football.

Surely without a successful business you cannot have a successful football team. Wenger is always talking about football. He brings young players into football. His teams play great football. He doesnt have any barriers regarding age or nationailty.

I would suggest Wenger could probably do Platinis job better than Platini can, which is maybe why he wants to try and discredit him.

Back