• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Liam Feeney in / Ademeno out

Interesting sounding signing, if you're taking a non-league player on loan then it's usually with a view to permenant. But if he can't cope with league one then we don't have to sign him, and as he's non-league his wages won't be huge we can't lose really.

Hope we've included a first refusal clause in the loan deal so if he sets the place alight some bigger club doesn't come in and swipe him from under our noses.

Shame about Ademeno, but maybe that's a sign that our striking situation is about to improve ie. Revell is better, Laurent is no longer suspended and Barney & Freedman are nearly fit.

Quite honestly I don't care where he comes from as long as he can do a job for us.
If I am talking crap someone please tell me but I was under the impression that apart from our striker injury and suspension problems, the team was rather suffering from the loss of our loanees, Sawyer and HRK in particular. In their turn, didn't Sawyer and HRK compensate for the absence of Bailey and Gower? So, could someone tell me who Milsom and Feeney are in for and is either of them going to be able to fulfil the role of an creative left-sided midfielder?

I too agree we need a couple of defenders, but if there arent any decent ones available its not worth signing one for the sake of it.

As for Ademeno going the other way, it may be Salisbury wouldnt let Feeney go unless they got a decent replacement.

I too agree we need a couple of defenders, but if there arent any decent ones available its not worth signing one for the sake of it.

As for Ademeno going the other way, it may be Salisbury wouldnt let Feeney go unless they got a decent replacement.

Yer and lets hope we don't lose Ademeno on a permenant as I think he is a cracking player and will come good in a few years time.

Easy fellas. Let's see him play a bit. Eastwood was playing for Grays and they were barely good enough for Michael Kightley!

Fair comment. Just because he is from a lower league team. Shorey joined Reading when they were in what was then Divison 3 and now he is playing European football (not that I am saying Feeney will)

Did he play in FA Cup Qualifying for Salisbury?

If he's cup tied we're going to have to wait till Leicester to judge him after 2 minutes.

Yep looks like he came on as a sub in Salisbury's 1-0 defeat at Team Bath in the 4th Qualifying round. So he is cup tied.

Who knows what way this signing will go until we see him play. Scannell came to us as a hot prospect and has done nothing. Freddy came as a hot prospect and is now playing international football so you never know, i guess a lot of it is about attitude.

What i dont get though is we bring in young players , ie. scannell, walker, grant, sankofa and this guy and yet we are always being told that our kids that have signed proffesional contracts are hot prospects and will be big stars for the club, but they are not being given a go even though a few of them are only 1 or 2 years younger.

Ademeno has come on a couple of times this year and looked very positive, taking people on and using his pace, but that is it, a couple of apperances. Moussa is another that didnt shine at the start of the season but has now gone out on loan (would rather have him here than grant tbh). Herd wont even get a league game if he was the last player at the club. O keefe came on for about 3 mintues 20 secs against the mighty telford, But wasn't it tilson that said at the start of year how he was going to use the youth players this year and help them progress into the first team.

Personally i would like to see more of them especially how highly alot of people on here talk about them.

With this signing though i wish him all the luck and hope he can make it as shrimper!!!

I'd rather Ademeno play 90 minutes regularly for Salisbury than the odd 10 minutes for us as a sub this season.

I just hope he can be a tenth as sucessful as our last promising speedy non league winger that we stole from under the noses of all these other clubs.......

All together now "O-lay O-lay O-lay - Scannell Scannell" :doh:

On newsnow there is an article from Rivals.net Daggerzone entitled 'Feeney Flees to the Shrimpers'. They've gone to some trouble.........even finding a photo of Feeney's new team-mates........all very good but...............................HANG ON A MINUTE!!!..........
isn't that a photo of SWANSEA?????!!!!!!!!

I don't know why everyone's digging at Scannell.

Ah yes I do, it's what fans do. I guess I should be used to it after Paynter/Harrold etc.

The lad clearly hasn't lived up to the hype he had preseason and probably could do with losing a few pounds but for goodness sake get behind the lad.

I don't know why everyone's digging at Scannell.

Ah yes I do, it's what fans do. I guess I should be used to it after Paynter/Harrold etc.

The lad clearly hasn't lived up to the hype he had preseason and probably could do with losing a few pounds but for goodness sake get behind the lad.

I agree with you Fred, I didn't think he did too bad the other night, he certainly always plays with enthusiasm. Interesting though, when his brother's suddenly doing well.

How many wingers have we had who have received rave reviews in recent times?

Gower took praise and stick in equal measure, and even then he did a lot of his best work coming infield.

HRK had his moments, but sometimes struggled to get involved.

Players like JCR, Cole and now Betsy and Scannell have all been written off.

It's something more fundamental about the way we've played at times if you ask me. We don't always move the ball around quickly enough, and often our wingers don't have a whole load of space to work with.

We looked a different side when Freedman was playing earlier this season, and I don;t think that's a coincidence for one minute. His intelligence and ability to bring the midfield into attacking play are a class above that of anyone else we have. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we look a better attacking side all round again when he returns.

good luck to him, would have like to have seen him play on sat but unfortunatley not able to. might not get a start for a while but happy to have a attacking addition which can come off the bench. by the looks of the bench last night we can get all the help we can get.

Good luck to the new boy - I hope he does get some time on the pitch against Leicester...

Regarding defenders - is it me, or is there a severe lack of decent defenders at all levels? The Chelsea/Wolves lad being called up for England kinda evidences that...

2806278733_d112efefc2.jpg

One Salisbury fan says "He is the fastest player I have ever seen on a footy pitch"

Nice.. Extreme pace just what we have been lacking on the counter and capable of playing left, right or central.

Sounds like a breath of fresh air and looking forward to seeing him in action.

Last edited:
We looked a different side when Freedman was playing earlier this season, and I don;t think that's a coincidence for one minute. His intelligence and ability to bring the midfield into attacking play are a class above that of anyone else we have. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we look a better attacking side all round again when he returns.

I agree - Barnard too, but to a lesser extent

As the management dont appear to have much confidence in Scannell at present, then maybe it would benefit to send him out on loan for a month or two?.

Back