• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would you do if you found over £250 on the pavement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seany t

President
I just did with my mate. We ran after a guy we thought had dropped it, but he said it wasn't his.

Hand it in? Keep it? Give it to charity?

Keep it.

I found 20quid the other week. just spend it asap or pay it in, before anyone sees you on the street and asks to check your pockets!

when i was younger i found fifty quid on the street, no-one around so i bought 20 gaulloise blondes from a shop at vic circus, who were none too happy about giving change for £50, and went to bassment records to buy a new dreamscape coat

I'd do the same now :unsure:

A few years ago a mate of mine was at a petrol station on the London Road in Westcliff and he saw a paper bag by the petrol pumps, he looked in it and to his amazement there was something like 8,000 quid in it. To my equal astonishment he handed it in to the local cop shop.

The story made the front page of the Echo. I asked him why he had handed it in, and he said he knew how sick he would have been if it had been his dosh. I think if that were me you wouldn't have seen me for dust.

A few years ago a mate of mine was at a petrol station on the London Road in Westcliff and he saw a paper bag by the petrol pumps, he looked in it and to his amazement there was something like 8,000 quid in it. To my equal astonishment he handed it in to the local cop shop.

The story made the front page of the Echo. I asked him why he had handed it in, and he said he knew how sick he would have been if it had been his dosh. I think if that were me you wouldn't have seen me for dust.
I think I wouldve had to hand it in myself too, it would play on my mind too much. Maybe take a few notes out though :D
Other than that if I find money Id keep it :) Go into Coral and try double it! that way its a win win situation :)

Turns out it's £500. That's a lotta cash. I think knowing me I'll hand it in. But I'm tempted not to...

hmmm £500..

alot of amounts I'd know straight away to keep it

think you still could

maybe don't do anything with it for a while and be on the lookout for anyone claiming to lost it..

then if not.. FINDERS KEEPERS :)

Not surprised he handed it in. £8K in a paper bag doesn't sound like it was accidentally dropped, nor does it sound 100% legal. May well have been under surveillance, and was almost certainly dodgy.

I'd probably report it to the police, or hand it in. Either that or put a sign up 'did you lose any money here on xx/xx/xxxx? Then when they come claiming it ask them how much they lost.

hmmm £500..

alot of amounts I'd know straight away to keep it

think you still could

maybe don't do anything with it for a while and be on the lookout for anyone claiming to lost it..

then if not.. FINDERS KEEPERS :)

Legally, isn't it finders keepers anyway?
If you hand it in to police and no one claims in a certain period, do you not then become entitled to it? Or is that an urban myth?

If you hand it in to police and no one claims in a certain period, do you not then become entitled to it? Or is that an urban myth?

I think that still holds true, I have heard of a few people over the years who've done that - and with considerably larger sums of money.

There was a story in the news recently where a bloke found a bag of notes which were for some reason had been cut up in various pieces. He handed it in to the local police station, nobody claimed it and they gave him the bag back. All he has to do is put the pieces back together and the money is his as legal tender.

I'd hand it in. After all, you'll probably end up with it anyway when no-one claims it. The difference is that your conscience will be clear.

More to the point, if it turns out the money is dodgy, you won't have some low lifes after you!

Do as you would be done by.....

Ask yourself the question , If you lost 500 quid, would you go to the police station to see if someone had handed it it , if the answer is yes , hand it in

I'd hand it in. After all, you'll probably end up with it anyway when no-one claims it. The difference is that your conscience will be clear.

More to the point, if it turns out the money is dodgy, you won't have some low lifes after you!

This sounds like a good plot for a film. We could call it "No country for old men"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back