• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
PRESS RELEASE

2009/10 SEASON CARD PRICES FROZEN

Southend United has frozen Season Card prices and reduced the cost for under 16’s for the 2009/10 season.

As well as keeping the price the same for next season, for the second year running, supporters can also ease the financial burden by spreading the payment for up to 10 months with our direct debit payment option.

Following consultation groups with supporters and a review of the current Season Card package we are pleased to announce the following headlines for the 2009/10 season:

- All Season Card prices frozen with savings of up to 25% on matchday prices

- New ‘under 16’s’ price with significant reduction (over 40%) on last year if bought in the early discount period

- Early launch to allow extended instalment period of up to 10 months to help spread the cost

- Early discount period with reductions on full prices for early purchase

- Further discount for renewing Season Card holders to reward loyalty

- Free Team Blues membership for 2009/10 season

- £25 discount for Blues Lottery annual members

- Cup Autopay Scheme – more convenient ticket buying for Cup matches

- Guaranteed priority on all home Cup games and all away games during the season

Blues Director of Commercial Services Garry Adamson said: “We know that we still have a long way to go before the end of this season but we have launched the Season Card early again in order to give supporters a chance to pay in instalments and improve affordability.

“Prices have been frozen for the second season running and there have also been significant reductions in the price of Junior Season Cards.”

The instalment plan will now be available for up to 10 months to further help improve affordability. This means that fans can now purchase a full price adult Season Card for as little as £38 per month for renewals and just £40 for new purchasers.

To continue to increase the number of young supporters following the Blues, we have reduced the Junior Season Card price from £190 to £115 for existing Junior Season Card holders and from £200 to £150 for new Junior Season Card holders.

Not only this, all Blues supporters under 16 will also receive a free Junior/Mini Blues membership for 2009/10.

Last season a discount for those supporters renewing their Season Card was introduced and we are pleased to confirm that this will continue into next season.

All Blues Lottery members who are signed up for 12 months (from date of Season Card purchase) will receive a further £25 discount on their Season Card. Fans who are already current Lottery members can simply extend the period for which they have signed up for to qualify for the discount.

Fans who have been collecting Team Card points can now use what points they have accumulated on their cards to obtain a discount on their 2009/10 Season Card – simply contact the Blue Box Office team for more information.

Application forms for existing Season Card holders and other interested supporters will land on their doormats over the next couple of days.

An online version of the application form, which includes a full list of prices and details on instalment plans along with other associated benefits, can be downloaded from here.

For further details supporters can contact the Blues Box Office 08444 77 00 77.

Yep good news 3rd season on the trot that most prices are the same. I see if we are relegated prices will be reduced by 10% and rise by 10% if we go up!!

The existing renewal cut off date of the 24th April is a bit early though.

Also the Junior price reduction is good news for those of you with children that don't sit in the Family Stand.

If you think about it, there's actually a 2.5% rise ...

But Inflation is 3% so is it not a 0.5% reduction?
Actually as the matchday prices were reduced by 2.5% it will be interesting to see if they get put back upto the original prices before the VAT rate changes again.

Last edited:
Bit dozy this morning but what about 16 year olds.

You can buy an Junior (under 16's) ST or a Young Adult (17-20).

My daughter is 16 in May :unsure:

According to the OS. Junior supporters are classed as those of 16 years of age or younger on or before 30th July 2009.

So I think you can still get a Junior ticket.

That was my scenario last year, my son will be 17 this May. Your daughter should get the reduced rate, I was told last year it was up to and including 16 year olds - which is the same strategy for tickets for cup games and stuff. Don't think I get the reduction though this year unfortunately!

Have to claim a bit of credit for that reduction - I was part of the focus group, and the reduced prices for that age group was my idea to help encourage the "next generation" of supporters and to make it easier for families. So those of you with kids, thank me later!
smiley-cheers.gif

Thanks OBL, the reduced rate is ideal and makes it a little easier to take when the little darlings make other plans on a saturday afternoon even though they have a season ticket :thump:

Up the Shrimpers said:
Yep good news 3rd season on the trot that most prices are the same. I see if we are relegated prices will be reduced by 10% and rise by 10% if we go up!!

The existing renewal cut off date of the 24th April is a bit early though.

Also the Junior price reduction is good news for those of you with children that don't sit in the Family Stand.
Not true, if we go up it says prices will increase, but doesn't say by how much.

Good move. Does anyone know how much current child prices are in the family stand (for a seaso) and the new ones?

Reason I ask is that it's a great way to get in new fans with a dirt cheap season ticket in that area, my first season ticket only cost £30!

According to the OS. Junior supporters are classed as those of 16 years of age or younger on or before 30th July 2009.

So I think you can still get a Junior ticket.

my student card expires in September, do you think the same rule applies?

Back