• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Woohoo! He's Home at last

Now he needs somewhere to live, I suppose he will have to make the people that moved into his sublet property homeless. I wonder what the waiting list is for a Council property in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Ethopia. Cannot see him wanting to go home.

Come on Firestorm, I'm anxious to hear it.

I don't know, simple as that really. I don't know the guy, I know very little about him so i couldn't honestly say where I thought he had been or what he had done. Unless I was going to make a quantum leap based on preconceptions around racial stereotyping.
I would guess it was nothing to do with Art galleries though. (based on my limited knowledge of Art Galeries in Pakistan and Afghanistan)

I don't know, simple as that really. I don't know the guy, I know very little about him so i couldn't honestly say where I thought he had been or what he had done. Unless I was going to make a quantum leap based on preconceptions around racial stereotyping.
I would guess it was nothing to do with Art galleries though. (based on my limited knowledge of Art Galeries in Pakistan and Afghanistan)

So although you wont actually type it, you agree he was up to no good.

From the Telegraph today:

He could also claim thousands more in legal aid after his lawyers said they may sue the British government for compensation over claims that MI5 colluded in his torture

We must be the only Country in the World that will give someone Government money so he could sue the Government?
It just gets more and more ridiculous.

So although you wont actually type it, you agree he was up to no good.

From the Telegraph today:

We must be the only Country in the World that will give someone Government money so he could sue the Government?
It just gets more and more ridiculous.

Living here and rather more in the firing line has hardened my views somewhat and I find myself in the strange position of completely agreeing with Steveo and Rusty on this one. The UK defines the words "soft touch" - just because it's an overly used Daily Mail based cliche it seems we're now apathetic to those genuine instances where our system IS being abused. The tabloids crying wolf again and again has helped us towards this situation....

Living here and rather more in the firing line has hardened my views somewhat and I find myself in the strange position of completely agreeing with Steveo and Rusty on this one. .

Its the way forward, you know it makes sense:)

Living here and rather more in the firing line has hardened my views somewhat and I find myself in the strange position of completely agreeing with Steveo and Rusty on this one. The UK defines the words "soft touch" - just because it's an overly used Daily Mail based cliche it seems we're now apathetic to those genuine instances where our system IS being abused. The tabloids crying wolf again and again has helped us towards this situation....

Lol , noo return to teh light . Totally agree , we tend to lose the abilities to make our own decisions and protest and complain (as is our right in a democracey). The nation has become apathetic becuase its been ingrained in us . We've been fed tomany sterotypes about what social leanings and ideologies mean the soundbite has killed us.

Back