• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Millwall
Last Season: 5th
Manager: Kenny Jackett
Key Player: Nadjim Abdou, Midfielder.
Prediction: 6th

Those delightful Bermondsey boys were incredibly unlucky in the Play-Off final last term, losing to Matt Sparrow at Wembley. Keeping their squad together and another season under Kenny Jackett, who has a great record in League One, should see them comfortably finish in the Play-Off places just behind the big hitters in League One. Expect sparks to fly between them and Charlton...

MK Dons
Last Season: 3rd
Manager: Paul Ince
Key Player: Dean Lewington, Full Back.
Prediction: 5th

Professional Mick Hucknall lookalike Pete Winkleman thought the club deserved to be promoted last season, contrary to popular opinion that they don't deserve to exist, and has reinstalled Paul Ince as manager following Di Matteo's departure to West Brom. Another side that have seen few changes and are desperate for another crack at promotion.

Norwich
Last Season: 22nd
Manager: Bryan Gunn
Key Player: Wes Hoolahan, Midfielder.
Prediction: 4th

Probably the side most devastated to be relegated last season having a very useful squad, but the inexperience of Bryan Gunn and his management trio shone through in the final stretch. If they can shake the shame off them quickly, they can make good waves in this league... Simon Whaley and Grant Holt could be inspired signings by the Canaries. Just be prepared for an explosion of "Gunning for promotion" puns.

Oldham
Last Season: 10th
Manager: Dave Penney
Key Player: Neil Eardley, Full Back.
Prediction: 7th

Oldham have been here so long, they're thinking of changing "Coca-Cola League One" to "Coca-Cola Oldham Home", and they are busting their guts just for a chance to get out. Dave Penney is a brilliant manager at this level and has the talent to mastermind their escape attempt, but the squad slightly lacks in ability. Keigan Parker could prove to be a very shrewd bit of business, though...

Southend
Last Season: 8th
Manager: Sir Steve Tilson
Key Player: Lee Sawyer, Midfielder.
Prediction: 8th

I won't go in to too much depth here, we all know whats going on. The front line and midfield look more than capable of achieving a play-off position, yet, in whats becoming a habit, the defence looks shoddy and amateurish in it's numbers and preparation. Signings are a must, and entering the league games with no defensive reinforcements could be suicidal. Unless we adopt a Kevin Keegan attitude of winning games 9-8, but then Tilson might just bottle it after 3 months and I'll have to don a shellsuit and protest at Roots Hall when I really should be at work.

Stockport
Last Season: 18th
Manager: Gary Ablett
Key Player: Michael Raynes, Defender:
Prediction: 24th

Their league position last season really doesn't merit how well they performed with a brilliant young squad, and they only find themselves so low courtesy of a 10 point deduction. The financial problems have ripped the club apart, with clubs circling around their pool of talent like vultures... Peterborough acting especially shamefully by taking the best of their players for a pittance. If they can even field a side come August, it won't be a particularly strong one and Gary Ablett faces a daunting task ahead of him.

Swindon
Last Season: 15th
Manager: Danny Wilson
Key Player: Jonathan Douglas, Midfielder.
Prediction: 10th

Simon Cox might have gone, but don't write Swindon off at all. They've money to spend and, with Danny Wilson at the helm, they're capable of pulling off a few shocks. They've signed Jonathan Douglas from Leeds to add steel into their midfield and another forward is hotly linked with a move to the Wiltshere club.

Tranmere
Last Season: 7th
Manager: John Barnes
Key Player: Luke Daniels, Goalkeeper.
Prediction: 9th

Expect them to both hold and give, at the right time though whilst getting to the line as Big John Barnes returns to English shores following his cameo in Jamaica to manage the other archetypal League One club Tranmere. Expect laughs galore as Jason "Trigger" McAteer has landed the assistant job, but the squad remains strong for League One, if not exactly awe inspiring. Barnes was a strange appointment considering his complete lack of League experience, and I feel he'll either succeed greatly or fail miserably. Just kick the round thing boys, No... Not Barnes. Ok kick him a little bit.

Walsall
Last Season: 13th
Manager: Chris Hutchings
Key Player: Josh O'Keefe, Midfielder.
Prediction: 19th

Not much to say about Walsall really... They're pretty comfotable in this league but the loss of Demontagnac hurt them regardless of his discipline issues. Chris Hutchings is a good enough manager to steady the ship, but has spoken out regarding the lack of support he's receiving from chairman Jeff Bonser and I can see him "pulling a Curbishley" if he's stopped from signing anybody else. Josh O'Keefe, however, had a growing reputation in Scotland and will prove to be a very good bit of business.

Wycombe
Last Season: 3rd
Manager: Peter Taylor
Key Player: Michael Duberry, Defender.
Prediction: 17th

Owners of the most homosexual nickname in football, The Chairboys, are probably in the best position to succeed in this League. They have the right infrastructure, a capable(ish) manager and have made some impressive signings... Michael Duberry has the class and experience to keep the club afloat defensively, not to mention the fact he has the build of a wardrobe. If they're relying on Ginger Prince Matt Harrold for goals, though, they might be disappointed.

Yeovil
Last Season: 17th
Manager: Terry Skiverton
Key Player: Nathan Jones, Defender.
Prediction: 21st

I went to Yeovil once. When I say it rained, I mean I almost drowned, it was freezing cold and the boiler in the away end packed up... Meaning there was no hot drinks. Because of this, I think they'll go down... On top of the fact they struggled last season and there's no sign of them improving in what is a tougher division this year. Skiverton is a good leader, but he'll need every ounce of his experience to keep his side up this year.

Southampton
Last Season: 23rd
Manager: Alan Pardew
Key Player: Grzegorz Rasiak, Striker.
Prediction: 12th

Courtesy of administration, the Saints start the season on -10 points... Had it not been for this, they'd be one of my tips for a surprise promotion. Alan Pardew is a great appointment for them and the sign of a new owner has buoyed the club. Harding is a good signing at this level, but the real strength is their forward line. Rasiak and Stern John have both played Premiership football in the past and Marek Saganowski is every bit as deadly as his Pole Partner. This season they'll stabilise the club, next season they have the potential to tear up trees... Providing Kevin Keegan stays at least 1000 yards from the club.

And finally, the League Table as I see it:

1 Leeds
2 Huddersfield
3 Charlton
4 Norwich
5 MK Dons
6 Millwall
7 Oldham
8 Southend
9 Tranmere
10 Swindon
11 Colchester
12 Southampton
13 Brighton
14 Leyton Orient
15 Carlisle
16 Bristol Rovers
17 Wycombe
18 Brentford
19 Walsall
20 Hartlepool
21 Yeovil
22 Gillingham
23 Exeter
24 Stockport

Haven't Stockport had their 10-point deduction last season? Pretty sure they're starting from zero.

Yes, that's what I meant... They only finished so low last season courtesy of 10 point deduction.

Their squad at the moment seems to deplete by the day. If we take Michael Raynes, like it has been rumoured, then I feel a record low points total could be in the offing.

An interesting read, but I'd be surprised if Tranmere and Oldham finished that high to be honest. Who knows in this crazy league though!

If we finish 8th - i'll put out for you ESB!!! Confident, i know! :D

6370_513938194438_285700563_815889_8308348_n.jpg

You could have put a lot worse!

:D

Kev

P.s Dont bother.

P.p.s I'll tell MtS

P.p.p.s Or Cricko!

;)

I saw a piece saying Holloway may offer him a deal up at Blackpool...

Matt

Just looked it up and yes you are indeed correct as usual, Matt. They're seemingly going to offer him a month to month deal.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on up there.

Back