• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tell us about yourself - an open invite

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
This is an open invite to our new posters who have joined since the re-launch of ShrimperZone. Why not post a few lines on here telling us a bit more about you as a Southend fan. You don't need to produce a work of art (that would be almost impossible on the Zone). Go on, give it a go.

Hi,

I have been a Southend fan since 1999 when I moved down to Southend and needed a team to watch and Southend just stuck with me. (I'm Scottish btw... don't hold that against me :ROFL:). I have now since moved to Canada and I don't get much Coverage of Southend here so I thought I would sign up so I could keep up to date on the ongoings at Roots Hall.

Thanks rootshallbloke. I have a subscription to ifollow. What I mean is I don't really get to talk about Southend United with many people here as they either only follow the Premier League or aren't "soccer" fans.

It's the small things I miss about living back in the UK. like meeting a random Southend fan in a cafe or a pub and talking about how we should have stuffed so and so at the weekend or how our latest signings are awful and the manager should be sacked :Hilarious:

@The Big Daddy

I'm originally from Arbroath, I grew up going to Gayfield and watching Abroath until I got a Job in London but didn't want to live in London so I decided to move into Southend and travel to and from Southend to London each day.

I moved to Calgary originally but then married a Canadian girl out here and moved to Edmonton where she is originally from.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Been a member since the start of the season but I have only recently felt the urge to join in discussions.

Been a Southend fan since I was 10 and I saw my first game (well half of it, from the gap between the East and South) against Manchester City when we lost 3-2 in 1996.

Looking forward to talking to you all!

Evening all.

Once upon a time I ran a little thing called the Blue Anorak, which was one of the first wave of SUFC websites back in the 1990s. I also used to run the Shrimper mailing list that was once hosted by ISFA and then by Yahoo Groups. That fine old list faded away a while ago. I stopped developing the Blue Anorak years ago (although I do still own the domain) as other people were doing a better job.

I’m Luke. I’m a teacher. I live in Lancashire and it‘s now a long time since I last went to see a match: I’ve tended to be out with the cycling club on Saturdays and my days of having the energy to drive across country to catch a northern evening kick-off seem to have passed. Also, I’m studying for a maths degree in my spare time, which tends to keep me off the streets!

Evening all.

Once upon a time I ran a little thing called the Blue Anorak, which was one of the first wave of SUFC websites back in the 1990s. I also used to run the Shrimper mailing list that was once hosted by ISFA and then by Yahoo Groups. That fine old list faded away a while ago. I stopped developing the Blue Anorak years ago (although I do still own the domain) as other people were doing a better job.

I’m Luke. I’m a teacher. I live in Lancashire and it‘s now a long time since I last went to see a match: I’ve tended to be out with the cycling club on Saturdays and my days of having the energy to drive across country to catch a northern evening kick-off seem to have passed. Also, I’m studying for a maths degree in my spare time, which tends to keep me off the streets!

I believe I was a member of those. I remember originally joining a group run from Edge Hill University (I think), which then migrated a couple of times.

Evening all.

Ah Luke that Yahoo Group was good fun even if it was just Hugh moaning about Ron 99% of the time and Bob Sills popping in on occasion

I believe I was a member of those. I remember originally joining a group run from Edge Hill University (I think), which then migrated a couple of times.
I think it was while I was at Edge Hill that I took over the group. I really enjoyed running it and reading the messages, even if I never did understand the fuss over Bafana Bafana...

I think it was while I was at Edge Hill that I took over the group. I really enjoyed running it and reading the messages, even if I never did understand the fuss over Bafana Bafana...

That was mid to late 90s IIRC.

It was a disaster! Firstly it was difficult to keep track of all the messages, which just got longer and longer. Secondly, my work inbox was so full of emails that it was difficult to find the important work ones!

Evening all.

Hi Luke, fond memories of the Blue Anorak website, I believe we corresponded briefly in 1998-99 regarding my old SUFC website, long since abandoned. I believe we were also close to being contemporaries at both Junior school and Senior school, along with your older brother Michael. Hope all is well with you both. Cheers.

Back