• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo joins Maidstone United on loan

Best of luck to him.

He performed well for Ebbsfleet last season, so see no reason why he can't replicate that form for Maidstone.

He will be playing along side fellow Ex Shrimper Jake Cassidy.

CP quotes that they were also looking to take on loan one of our defenders. I wonder who that would have been?

Good luck to Wabz, hope he goes and bangs them in for fun.

Looks like wabo will never get a chance with the first team! Scores goals for fun but I guess Robinson is better!!!

Good move for him this, will see if he can cut the physical side of the game as he will get it there, don’t see why he won’t score goals at this level but league one and even two is very much a step up.

This move has turned out alright for me actually, as the mother in law lives in a village just outside of Maidstone, so I can use it as an excuse to go watch him, rather than doing some diy chores that i usually get given to do when ever i'm around there, and can still pop around after the game and after a few pints to claim a nice home cooked meal!!

As they say "Winner Winner ....... Chicken Dinner"

This is a good move for him to take the next steps in his career. It’s a big step up from U23 football. Hopefully he can show what he’s made of and then you give Powell a decision to make. His time will come for the first team but cries of it being now are a bit ridiculous when all our forwards have bagged goals already this season

Wabo may well be a good asset for our club in time But why throw him into the lions den before time .Yes he scores goal in the under 21 team .But could he do it in league one .Im not so sure he can as yet .So the next step in his growing into football is maybe the right one .He will be monitored very closely playing in the conference and I hope the young man does really well .

Getting a bit worried about Chris Powell. Wabo looked a breath of fresh air when he came on for the first team last year. He scores for fun in the U23's yet gets farmed out again. McCoulsky's the same, scores for fun in limited time on the pitch but can't get a start. Chris, goalscorers are needed to win football matches!

If they're good enough, they're old enough. No way to treat promising youngsters like Wabo and Ba farming them out to non league clubs, nor to give them derisory minutes off the subs bench in McCoulsky's case. Sadly, Powell seems to be change resistant, persisting in proven goalscoring failures like Cox and Robinson expecting things to change.

You’ll never know if a player is good enough at a certain level unless you give them enough minutes to prove themselves. Take Yearwood for instance he wasn’t farmed out on multiple loans but he was given a chance after proving himself in the youths.

I’m not sure if Wabo can cut it at league one level, but I’d like to see him given a chance to see if he can. Because if he can and we don’t give him the chance he will end up leaving and could come back to haunt us. Let’s hope all goes well with his loan spell and he gets a chance after that.

It's only a month which suggests that SCP will take this as am opportunity to see how he plays in senior football which is different to U23.

Seems like a sound plan that will benefit both Norman and us in the longer run.

Pleased with this news, good luck Norman, and keep up the baby farming blues, excellent, getting closer to my suggested target of 6 out on loan, gaining critical experience

The point is he’s not good enough yet, so to improve he has to play mens football, hence the loan deal

If they're good enough, they're old enough. No way to treat promising youngsters like Wabo and Ba farming them out to non league clubs, nor to give them derisory minutes off the subs bench in McCoulsky's case. Sadly, Powell seems to be change resistant, persisting in proven goalscoring failures like Cox and Robinson expecting things to change.

The point is he’s not good enough yet, so to improve he has to play mens football, hence the loan deal
The point is we don't know if he is good enough, do we, because he hasn't had a chance. On the other hand, we do know that neither Cox nor Robinson will ever be prolitic goal scorers.

Theo has obvious flaws to his all-round game but he’s the opposite of a proven goal scoring failure.

You’ll never know if a player is good enough at a certain level unless you give them enough minutes to prove themselves. Take Yearwood for instance he wasn’t farmed out on multiple loans but he was given a chance after proving himself in the youths.

I’m not sure if Wabo can cut it at league one level, but I’d like to see him given a chance to see if he can. Because if he can and we don’t give him the chance he will end up leaving and could come back to haunt us. Let’s hope all goes well with his loan spell and he gets a chance after that.

Yearwood earnt his chance in pre-season when he outshone the first team squad, not in the youths.

81st min sub@ maidstone.... lets hope he gets a fair chance

Came on at 0-0 and they won the game.

Hopefully that earns a 30 minute run-out next time, which then earns a start.

Theo has obvious flaws to his all-round game but he’s the opposite of a proven goal scoring failure.

Yearwood earnt his chance in pre-season when he outshone the first team squad, not in the youths.

Came on at 0-0 and they won the game.

Hopefully that earns a 30 minute run-out next time, which then earns a start.

yep, 90th min penalty. not sure if he contributed to the game much. Probably find out this week as I was bigging him up to a few locals who go to Maidstone

Back