• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

will this Brexit going to scupper the new development on the sea front carpark as well then .

Who would benefit from an excuse, or a delay?....Certainly not Ron.

I know he wouldn’t but it’s in the back pocket if he doesn’t have the funds or investment to get the diggers on the ground.

Have read though some of the new stuff (there are 100's and 100's of new pages).

This bit I thought was interesting and gives an over view timetable and phasing of the building of the Fossetts scheme.

View attachment 6084
More here
http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...arch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=17/00733/FULM

Looks as though completion of the Main stand is planned 15mths after the rest of the stadium. But the Main stand seems to have the Residentials attached, which I'm guessing is the money maker.

Ok folks so RM is still waiting for a committee date. If this ever gets approved by SBC it will only be a resolution to grant planning consent which will be subject to the completion of a Section 106 Agreement. Unless this is agreed and payments made to SBC the work will probably not be starting in summer 2019!

A further stack of documents uploaded to the Council planning portal yesterday - including relating to traffic and a statement from Mary Power (who heads up the application on behalf of the club) that no further submissions are planned. In other words, it’s definitely over to the council now!

Dear Mary,
Thank you for submission of additional documentation and revised plans in relation to the above application. In order to minimise the need for future reconsultation, I'd be grateful if you could confirm that the submitted documents reflect our previous discussions and include all the information required to address the concerns we have raised and (with the exception of the SAM management plan, which I understand will be submitted presently). If so, we will carry out reconsultation on that basis.

Kind Regards
Charlotte Galforg
Team Leader Development Control
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council

Charlotte Galforg,
Southend Borough Council

I can confirm that as far as the applicant's team is concerned that there are no further amendments expected or required, other than as you say the Scheduled Monument management plan.

Kind regards
Mary Power
Director
PowerHaus Consultancy

Looks promising,that the final piece of plan/paperwork has been submitted to allow the council to finally review the application for the Fossetts Farm development.

Fingers crossed.

Looks promising,that the final piece of plan/paperwork has been submitted to allow the council to finally review the application for the Fossetts Farm development.

Fingers crossed.
Does anyone know what the “SAM managent plan” is that we still need to submit?

Does anyone know what the “SAM managent plan” is that we still need to submit?

SAM stands for ‘Scheduled Ancient Monument’, and refers to something on the site (I forget the precise details). I don’t think this is something that would hold up the application (although others may know more) and I get the feeling that this has been discussed between the architects and the council and there is some level of understanding about when the SAM plan will be presented.

I beleve they did an look for Ancient remains and found nothing to stop the ground going ahead .

The plans will NOT be discussed at the next Development Control Meeting on the Weds 6th March 2019 (the next scheduled meeting)

https://democracy.southend.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=135&MId=3351&Ver=4

Next meeting after that is Weds 3rd April 2019 which is also after the current agreed determination deadline which was agreed and extended from 31st Dec 2018 to 31st March 2019 on the 10th December 2018.

So it looks like yet another extension to the determination date will be required.

The plans will NOT be discussed at the next Development Control Meeting on the Weds 6th March 2019 (the next scheduled meeting)

https://democracy.southend.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=135&MId=3351&Ver=4

Next meeting after that is Weds 3rd April 2019 which is also after the current agreed determination deadline which was agreed and extended from 31st Dec 2018 to 31st March 2019 on the 10th December 2018.

So it looks like yet another extension to the determination date will be required.

Well, there's a surprise !

Back