• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Crawley Town vs Southend United FA Cup 1st Round Replay

One good period of extra time doth not a summer make, however.

Let's not get too hubristic. It all starts again on Saturday.

It’s autumn. Actually it’s so sodding cold it could be mid winter

Not picking on anyone here but some of the negative comments are, to me, way over the top

Well, not bad for a fiver!

When was the last time it cost less to get in than the number of goals scored!?

Hopefully that will give everyone a nice confidence boost. Yes it should have been over in normal time, hell it should have been over at Roots Hall. But we're into the next round, a couple of players who needed a boost have got goals and it didn't sound like any injuries tonight, for once.

Glad we scored those two early goals in ET as it gave Powell a chance to give Cox a breather. So important now to us, scored one and made two tonight.

Not been easy following our lads away over the last 18 months so racking up six is great for the fans who made the trip.

It’s autumn. Actually it’s so sodding cold it could be mid winter

Not picking on anyone here but some of the negative comments are, to me, way over the top

All due respect but we have taken two games and extra time to dispatch a very average league 2 Crawley. Hardly awe inspiring is it.

Let's see how we fare against Wimbledon and Scunny. Two defeats and Powell will be massively under pressure

All due respect but we have taken two games and extra time to dispatch a very average league 2 Crawley. Hardly awe inspiring is it.

Let's see how we fare against Wimbledon and Scunny. Two defeats and Powell will be massively under pressure

We have 4 first team squad players out for the season. Out of those, Coker has been replaced by Hendrie who has been poor - CP didn’t have an option as he was tied in for another year. Hopper is key as we are missing the big guy up front. Perhaps this was a mistake from CP, but if he’s got budget for 4 up top, he has used his 4th choice for pace, perhaps thinking that another player he couldn’t shift, Robinson, might not make it. That signing (mccolsky) hasn’t worked out so far, but you can’t get them all right - CP has signed more good players than bad. Ron has generally been good at looking more broadly at what’s going on rather than just results. So I don’t think CP will be under too much pressure at the moment. He just needs January and a chance to bring in a big lad up front.

Anyway, great result. It sounded like we had chances in normal time to get 6 but missed, so hopefully bagging them in ET will build the confidence for Saturday and onwards.

Didn't we beat Aldershot 6-0 away with a Mario Walsh hat-trick? I think we followed that up a few years later with a 7-1 at home after Aldershot scored first?
Aldershot away was 5-0 and in that season 1989/90, Mario Walsh scored 2 goals (in the whole season).
I believe the last time we scored 6 goals away from home was in 1983/84 at Scunthorpe when Steve Phillips scored a hat-trick in a 6-1 win. We also beat Brentford 6-0 at home that season....and still got relegated.

In summary, as stated above...cruising when I left for a "couple of nippy sweeties"...into usual bother....

4 x belated Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

and 2 x D'oh's

Off to bed with me....:Dizzy:

Ricky Otto! .. Legendary stuff!

One thing I had completely forgotten was that Andy Ansah was still with us under Fry.

Last edited:
OK fair do's.

In essence though it's the same club.

Last edited:
Back