• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lols at Anthony Joshua trying desperately not to be forgotten about, with his recent American TV interview. The fact that the WBC have ordered a rematch between Wilder & Fury, (and subsequently kept the spotlight firmly on them) must be hurting a tad.

It’s comical to see him trying to front like he & his team want the Wilder fight at Wembley in April, when there has been absolutely no effort made by the camps to even try and work out a deal.

I’m calling it now, Whyte beats Chisora next weekend, then during the post-fight interview Hearn will say something along these lines “we’ve tried to secure the fight with Wilder for April, but Wilder’s camp aren’t interested. What more can we do!? BUT, after this performance, I think Whyte deserves the opportunity & he thinks there’s unfinished business from the first fight. There is genuine bad blood between him and Joshua, so what a cracker it would be, in the national stadium watching these two world class British fighters going to war with each other”.

Yawn.

During the interview. AJ also goes on to admit he doesn’t want the Tyson Fury fight, claiming the reason is because Tyson holds no belts.

That translates into English as; Tyson would box my head off for 12 rounds, whilst I struggle to lay a glove on him. I don’t want no part of that.

Good ol’ AJ. You can see through the racist Matchroom stooge like a freshly cleaned window.

Last edited:
Lols at Anthony Joshua trying desperately not to be forgotten about, with his recent American TV interview. The fact that the WBC have ordered a rematch between Wilder & Fury, (and subsequently kept the spotlight firmly on them) must be hurting a tad.

It’s comical to see him trying to front like he & his team want the Wilder fight at Wembley in April, when there has been absolutely no effort made by the camps to even try and work out a deal.

I’m calling it now, Whyte beats Chisora next weekend, then during the post-fight interview Hearn will say something along these lines “we’ve tried to secure the fight with Wilder for April, but Wilder’s camp aren’t interested. What more can we do!? BUT, after this performance, I think Whyte deserves the opportunity & he thinks there’s unfinished business from the first fight. There is genuine bad blood between him and Joshua, so what a cracker it would be, in the national stadium watching these two world class fighters going to war with each other”.

Yawn.

During the interview. AJ also goes on to admit he doesn’t want the Tyson Fury fight, claiming the reason is because Tyson holds no belts.

That translates into English as; Tyson would box my head off for 12 rounds, whilst I struggle to lay a glove on him. I don’t want no part of that.

Good ol’ AJ. You can see through the racist Matchroom stooge like a freshly cleaned window.

He certainly has fallen off of his thrown! And the fans are starting to realise that due to how quickly the Fury v Wilder fight was sorted. The simple option is to go 50/50 and the fight is signed. It’s all about milking that cash cow for Hearn.

Personally I think Joshua struggles against both Wilder and 100% loses to Fury.

You’ve called it exactly right with the plan. Hearn on all the interviews has said he’s going to keep quiet this time and only announce when it’s done. There is talk of Fury v Wilder II being on the 13th of April. I really hope this is the case and really takes all the attention away from Joshua espically if the fights in the UK. Rumour has it they want it at Old Trafford. Personally I think they will struggle to get Wilder out of the US I could see it being at MSG.

GBJ did you watch the Brook fight? Huge disappointment and I think we’ve left it way too long now for Khan v Brook and the ability for that to be a huge fight has long gone.

He certainly has fallen off of his thrown! And the fans are starting to realise that due to how quickly the Fury v Wilder fight was sorted. The simple option is to go 50/50 and the fight is signed. It’s all about milking that cash cow for Hearn.

Personally I think Joshua struggles against both Wilder and 100% loses to Fury.

You’ve called it exactly right with the plan. Hearn on all the interviews has said he’s going to keep quiet this time and only announce when it’s done. There is talk of Fury v Wilder II being on the 13th of April. I really hope this is the case and really takes all the attention away from Joshua espically if the fights in the UK. Rumour has it they want it at Old Trafford. Personally I think they will struggle to get Wilder out of the US I could see it being at MSG.

GBJ did you watch the Brook fight? Huge disappointment and I think we’ve left it way too long now for Khan v Brook and the ability for that to be a huge fight has long gone.

No mate, didn’t see it. The card was fairly dull & to tell the truth, if Brook was fighting in my back garden, I’d close the curtains.

His career is finished in my eyes. His desperation for the Khan fight has tainted what was a promising career. He had so much potential, but after seeing the rivalries of Frampton-Quigg & Froch-Groves, and the ridiculous money they were making, he thought he’d also cash in on a “big British rivalry”.

Unfortunately, him & Hearn went about it the wrong way, and tried to bully Khan into a manufactured grudge match, without actually realising that they needed Khan, more than Khan needed him. Khan was busy earning millions in Vegas, against real top names, whilst Brook was struggling against the likes of Carson jones.

Not sure where he goes from this point in his career. Light-Middle isn’t the most casual-viewer friendly, so the money isn’t big. He could drop back to Welter, but he gets dominated by the big names.

No mate, didn’t see it. The card was fairly dull & to tell the truth, if Brook was fighting in my back garden, I’d close the curtains.

His career is finished in my eyes. His desperation for the Khan fight has tainted what was a promising career. He had so much potential, but after seeing the rivalries of Frampton-Quigg & Froch-Groves, and the ridiculous money they were making, he thought he’d also cash in on a “big British rivalry”.

Unfortunately, him & Hearn went about it the wrong way, and tried to bully Khan into a manufactured grudge match, without actually realising that they needed Khan, more than Khan needed him. Khan was busy earning millions in Vegas, against real top names, whilst Brook was struggling against the likes of Carson jones.

Not sure where he goes from this point in his career. Light-Middle isn’t the most casual-viewer friendly, so the money isn’t big. He could drop back to Welter, but he gets dominated by the big names.

Let’s be honest he gets dominated by the big names in the light middle too with the likes of Charlo, Munguia and Hurd. I think if he wants to stay at light middle a domestic dust up between him and Liam Smith would be a decent fight.

Khan still has that name and ability to attract attention even though he has been destroyed by any decent opponent he’s been put in against. If he fights Crawford it will be a very one sided affair! I would still like to see Khan v Brook but it won’t be the big seller and I think it will be a disappointment and Khan will only do it when he has the inability to get millions from the big names.

Canelo’s Face has a few nasty cuts on it, if I was Fielding I would be targeting that one above the eye.

Next weekends PPV cards, I know which one I would rather part money with to watch.
75987830-0998-414D-ADCF-764F3E55BFA1.png

58B4F868-F98C-4C32-9A5A-F54724AFCDAF.png

As expected Canelo blew away Fielding very easily and very quickly. He got knocked down once in each round from body shots. Canelo’s devastating punch power to the body was just to much for Rocky. The 2nd knockdown in the 3rd was enough for the ref to wave it off.

For those who haven’t seen it, won’t take too long to watch:

Fury not even in the nominations for Sports Personality of the Year! No surprise from BBC there.

As expected Canelo blew away Fielding very easily and very quickly. He got knocked down once in each round from body shots. Canelo’s devastating punch power to the body was just to much for Rocky. The 2nd knockdown in the 3rd was enough for the ref to wave it off.

Yeah sadly, Rocky doesn't have that elite level defence or punch resistance. He couldn't keep Canelo at range, and when he had some joy in the second, Canelo showed that punch resistance and on the offence, timing and accuracy. I won a few quid on Canelo in rounds 1-3 which will pay for some Christmas drinks..

He didn’t win anything though. Plus he was given time to make his speech on mental health. He’ll be nominated next year.

He had three fights in 2018, winning two of them. His battering of the undefeated, reigning WBC champion on foreign soil, would have made it three from three, but unfortunately due to some $$$trange judging, he only managed a draw.

But that’s besides the point. People wanted him to win the accolade, because of the heart & determination he’s shown to overcome crippling, suicidal depression, lose 10st and continue to operate at the highest level of his profession. All while donating millions to charity & trying to help rid the stigma surrounding mental health.

But hey, I’m sure A Welshman riding a bicycle around France is also a tremendous achievement.

And so it begins...

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ua-backs-derek-chisora-to-whoop-dillian-whyte

This is only leading to one outcome. Can’t wait for it to be announced so we can hear phrases such as;

“Bad blood”
“Genuinely don’t like each other”
“Two world class fighters”
“National stadium”
“Whyte is coming to win”
“Warriors”
“Wilder don’t want it”
“What more could we do”
“Deserves his shot”
“Unfinished business”
“Giving the fans what they want”
“Fury holds no belts”

And to further stoke the flames. SkyBet have Whyte as favourite to face AJ in April.

Whyte 4/7
Usyk 15/8
Wilder 7/2
Miller 6/1
Fury 8/1

And so it begins...

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...ua-backs-derek-chisora-to-whoop-dillian-whyte

This is only leading to one outcome. Can’t wait for it to be announced so we can hear phrases such as;

“Bad blood”
“Genuinely don’t like each other”
“Two world class fighters”
“National stadium”
“Whyte is coming to win”
“Warriors”
“Wilder don’t want it”
“What more could we do”
“Deserves his shot”
“Unfinished business”
“Giving the fans what they want”
“Fury holds no belts”

And to further stoke the flames. SkyBet have Whyte as favourite to face AJ in April.

Whyte 4/7
Usyk 15/8
Wilder 7/2
Miller 6/1
Fury 8/1

I really hope you are wrong. I'd love Del boy to smash Whyte. Can see your thinking, the odds have changed a lot though with Skybet:

Whyte 1/1
Miller 6/4
Wilder 7/2
Usyk 5/1

That says to me it's Whyte if he beats Chisora, Miller if not. There has definitely been big money on Miller since yesterday!

And out of nowhere the IBF will throw their mandatory in there and it’ll be Joshua v Kubrat Pulev. Odds on him as the next opponent? Might stick a tenner on it if the odds are any good.

And out of nowhere the IBF will throw their mandatory in there and it’ll be Joshua v Kubrat Pulev. Odds on him as the next opponent? Might stick a tenner on it if the odds are any good.

Something tells me it won’t be Pulev.

At the moment AJ & Hearn are stuck in the shadow of Fury & Wilder, and that’ll only get worse if their rematch happens around April time. Hearn can’t afford that to happen.

He simply needs a bigger draw than Pulev. I mean, Pulev is ok, but he’ll get starched with ease. You can’t even hype it up that he’s got a punchers chance. They might try and hide behind the “mandatory” excuse, but that’s easily dismissed, as we all know that mandatorys aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

At least if the opponent was Whyte/Chisora, there’s the British/grudge angles for them to work with. If it was Miller, they’d be able to spin the line about gradually introducing AJ to the American Market.

Pulev though? There is no angle. There is no hype. Fans won’t care about it. And that’s a risky situation to find yourself in. After all, fans are slowly but surely growing bored of the same old codswallop, hence why Wembley was not a sell out for his last fight, and PPV sales were down. Chucking Pulev in, will see that decline increase, and as I said, with Hearn & AJ already being in Fury/Wilder’s shadow, they’re risking Joshua slipping into obscurity.

Although, now I’ve said all that, nothing would surprise me.

For me it’s the only way that Hearn can come out and say well for the undisputed title to happen my hands were tied. If he fights Whyte or Miller then it’s just a cop out as he could easily have fought Wilder instead. The WBC have sanctioned the rematch not ordered it so Wilder can chose to opt out of that fight.

It’s all about greedy Hearn and saving his cash cow but he’s ruining the credibility of Joshua. You know it wouldn’t surprise me if Joshua jumps ship and went with someone stateside if things carry on the way they are. Go with either Top Rank, Golden Boy or god forbid Mayweather.

Back