• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

I want the "Fish House" to be transferred to the new stadium , will be a travesty if they provide no alternative to a chippy tea on a matchday or worse yet replace it with the typical kebab house with those awful chips , RON mate you've been warned , take note. I wont be happy lol :Hilarious:

From the Trust Liaison Minutes:

4. New Stadium GK had given RM the opportunity to share anything relevant, ahead of the meeting, if there was anything that he wanted to be said on this subject. Unfortunately, there was nothing to add. Things continue to progress and those best placed to know, are “positive”. GK advised that the plans would not now be going before the Council ahead of elections in May.

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about planning laws & the processes involved but it does amaze me that the likes of Brentford and Wimbledon (not to mention Spurs of course) have managed to get planning permission and get on with building their new stadiums in an overcrowded city like London within a relatively small period of time. Yet we still can't even get ours before the council and we're trying to build on a more or less empty piece of open land that we've owned (or our owners have owned) for bloody years! Not that I'm particularly excited now its going to look like a block of flats from the outside but dear old RH is barely up to hosting games anymore. How long before we have to start closing stands etc..

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about planning laws & the processes involved but it does amaze me that the likes of Brentford and Wimbledon (not to mention Spurs of course) have managed to get planning permission and get on with building their new stadiums in an overcrowded city like London within a relatively small period of time. Yet we still can't even get ours before the council and we're trying to build on a more or less empty piece of open land that we've owned (or our owners have owned) for bloody years! Not that I'm particularly excited now its going to look like a block of flats from the outside but dear old RH is barely up to hosting games anymore. How long before we have to start closing stands etc..

It’s because we are not just building a football ground. We are building a football ground as part of the one of, if not the largest development Southend has ever seen

There are so many responses to this that it would probably take all day to list out the items and explain each in turn....maybe I'll come back to this when I have a free hour...

I do appreciate there are bound to be valid reasons for all the delays, its just so frustrating when others are pressing ahead.

Just looked on Southend Council site for submitted applications due for hearings and yet again nothing submitted from SUFC

Just looked on Southend Council site for submitted applications due for hearings and yet again nothing submitted from SUFC

Dear oh dear, what on earth is going on behind the scenes?. Really cannot ever see this major project getting the green light to commence.

From the Trust Liaison Minutes:

4. New Stadium GK had given RM the opportunity to share anything relevant, ahead of the meeting, if there was anything that he wanted to be said on this subject. Unfortunately, there was nothing to add. Things continue to progress and those best placed to know, are “positive”. GK advised that the plans would not now be going before the Council ahead of elections in May.
Hoping for new councillors to be elected that could be more pro Ron ?

Back