• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I used to enjoy the Adam and Joe show but they are just another example of posh kids getting on in the media along with their mate Louis Theroux.

Ah but those posh kids they went to school with can be exploited to fund their films......

Sorcerer - 70s movie: Roy Schneider leads 3 other criminals in transporting highly unstable dynamite in two delapidated trucks through some Central American hellhole.
If they made this film today most of it would be CGI but you can feel the dirt and rain. Tense as flip! 8/10
Cheers, have never heard of this before, but can see it is very highly rated on IMBD. Will now look out for it

Saw Almodovar's Dolor y Gloria (Pain and Glory ) earlier.Well worth looking out for when it eventually gets a UK release.Penélope Cruz was excellent and Banderas was pretty good.Pedro's films aren't as funny as they used to be these days but he's still a first rate director.

Us - not a horror fan at all but seeing that I loved get out I thought I'd give this a go. Jordan Peele has done it again! Thought it was very average, maybe even poor 3 quarters of the way through but then everything starts to make sense and I can't stop thinking about it now! Don't Google it, don't spoil it, just go watch it. 9/10

The Old Man and The Gun is based on the true story of Forrest Tucker (Robert Redford), from his escape from San Quentin at the age of 70 to an unprecedented string of robberies that confounded authorities and enchanted the public. Wrapped up in the pursuit are detective John Hunt (Casey Affleck), who becomes captivated with Forrest's commitment to his craft, and a woman (Sissy Spacek), who loves him in spite of his chosen profession. A gentle, funny film with some great acting. Redford's last film. 9/10

Us - not a horror fan at all but seeing that I loved get out I thought I'd give this a go. Jordan Peele has done it again! Thought it was very average, maybe even poor 3 quarters of the way through but then everything starts to make sense and I can't stop thinking about it now! Don't Google it, don't spoil it, just go watch it. 9/10

Just reading some theories this morning and this film is actually Genius, so many layers that I missed, i'll upgrade to a 9.5/10 and I need to watch it again knowing what I know now

The Highwaymen on Netflix now. Two retired Texas Rangers are bought out of retirement to capture Bonnie & Clyde. True story told entirely from the Rangers point of view. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson play the two Rangers. As you would expect with those two in the cast it's not a bad film, but it was long and slow until the very end. It's meant to be a true adaptation of what happened. Maybe I need to watch it again but 7/10 for me at the moment.

The Old Man and The Gun is based on the true story of Forrest Tucker (Robert Redford), from his escape from San Quentin at the age of 70 to an unprecedented string of robberies that confounded authorities and enchanted the public. Wrapped up in the pursuit are detective John Hunt (Casey Affleck), who becomes captivated with Forrest's commitment to his craft, and a woman (Sissy Spacek), who loves him in spite of his chosen profession. A gentle, funny film with some great acting. Redford's last film. 9/10

It's certainly Redford's latest film and while he says it'll be his last in front of the camera,he doesn't discount making another as a director.

Breadwinner - In Taliban controlled Afghanistan a girl cuts her hair and dresses like a boy to feed her family after the dad is jailed. Stunning animation, however the ending lets it down somewhat. Not sure if they ran out of money but still a solid 8/10

Kaleidoscope - Toby Jones plays a releaed criminal is a dark psychological drama that makes little sense. 7/10

Mirai no Mirai - Japanese animation about a boy and his newborn sister. Excellent stuff. 9/10

Eighth Grade - captures a 13yr old Kayla on her last week of "middle school", the kids obsessions with social media, popularity will the cool kids, & their sexual awakening. Top work, a great score. Highly recommended if you can find it, notably so if you're a dad with a daughter who'll soon be coming into those terrible years. 9/10 :Frustrated:

Eighth Grade - captures a 13yr old Kayla on her last week of "middle school", the kids obsessions with social media, popularity will the cool kids, & their sexual awakening. Top work, a great score. Highly recommended if you can find it, notably so if you're a dad with a daughter who'll soon be coming into those terrible years. 9/10 :Frustrated:

Just seen the trailer - looks good

Back