• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker on Twitter

Is anyone getting a bit fed up of his constant digs at fans on twitter.

He's done it many times before but most recently did it again last night after Chris Phillips announced that Lennon had yet another injury. Coker then went on to warn fans before they start saying anything in a very rude way.

Don't get me wrong I know some fans can be complete idiots on social media however Coker seems to have a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to sufc fans and making comments before any fan had even said anything. To me this seems strange as Coker has only ever had fantastic support from us.

I also was a bit bemused with his first two episodes of his thing on the bbc. 1st episode I really felt for him and he seemed like he really wanted a new contract etc and I made posts on here suggesting he should definitely get one even though he'll still be injured as he has been such a great player and a loyal servant to the club. However, in episode 2 it coincided with our alarming form and tumbling towards the relegation spots, he soon started to change his tune stating he didn't want to be in league 2 etc and basically saying that if we go down he won't be staying with us.

I'd like to put it on record that I love Coker as player and have nothing against him but I don't think it's acceptable to constantly have a go a fans when all they do is support him.

I like the fact he has a pop at our fans on social media. It's full of ***** who like to give it but can't take it.

I'd also be alarmed at any player expressing delight at the prospect of playing in League 2 next season

Must be hard to read such rubbish from uninformed people all the time to be fair. He's only human. There's a certain irony in people thinking they can throw out all the **** they like, and then get offended when someone comes back at them.

All he said in that BBC show was talks have stalled while we “get out of this mess” and know what division we’re in. I wouldn’t expect anyone to say anything different. Would you jump at the chance to take a backwards step in your career?

I like the fact he has a pop at our fans on social media. It's full of ***** who like to give it but can't take it.

I'd also be alarmed at any player expressing delight at the prospect of playing in League 2 next season

No but thats the point, when he posted there wasn't even any negative comments. IMO its not appropriate to constantly digging at fans especially in this case when nothing had even happened yet.

All he said in that BBC show was talks have stalled while we “get out of this mess” and know what division we’re in. I wouldn’t expect anyone to say anything different. Would you jump at the chance to take a backwards step in your career?

Perhaps the club have stalled them not knowing what they can afford. It's likely he wont be match fit until October anyway isn't it? He is also 30 in June, past his peak and had significant injuries in the last three seasons.

No but thats the point, when he posted there wasn't even any negative comments. IMO its not appropriate to constantly digging at fans especially in this case when nothing had even happened yet.
The reply to Chris Phillips was in retaliation to a select few who decided to slag Lennon off on the replies to the news that he will be missing. At the end of the day he's sticking up for his mate. Appreciate everyone's different but I personally couldn't give a toss what he says to fans on Twitter. As Jai says, there's a certain irony to fans getting offended when they were the ones starting it.

FWIW, the second Coker episode didn't go down too well with the clubs hierarchy anyway, so chances of him staying next season have certainly decreased as a result.

Coker can go to who ever next season .But I will say this to mr coker when you broke your leg the club stuck by you.And when you did your knee at Sunderland the club stood by you .Should you not stick by the club what ever league we are in next season .

Also we took you out of non league football gave you the chance and gave you a new life in football .

Coker can go to who ever next season .But I will say this to mr coker when you broke your leg the club stuck by you.And when you did your knee at Sunderland the club stood by you .Should you not stick by the club what ever league we are in next season .

Fans get confused with players being fans and not just employees. Loyalty only goes so far.

My company have been really great with me, through moving out to Somerset and allowing me to work from home, going through my mum dying and generally treating me well, however if I was offered another job for a £10k payrise, I wouldn't hesitate.

Football is no different (Except the £10k would be per year in my case, not per week!)

So he's not allowed to criticise people and pledge unwaivering loyalty?

Bit odd.

To be honest don't care what he says or thinks and can't see many clubs scrambling for his services either. He will be lucky to get another deal I reckon.

To be honest don't care what he says or thinks and can't see many clubs scrambling for his services either. He will be lucky to get another deal I reckon.

You're having a laugh? There'll be a lot of interest in Coker.

If I was a southend player I’d get ****ed off with the amount of drips on social media supporting Southend. Seems we would have an unusually high proportion of **** tards.

In my experience, sadly, there has always been a player "fans" target over the years.

It must be thoroughly demoralising to run out every week thinking "he we go again"....pressure to better ones performance efforts is massive...and any mistakes very quickly (and noisily), made aware of....:Sad:

In my experience, sadly, there has always been a player "fans" target over the years.

It must be thoroughly demoralising to run out every week thinking "he we go again"....pressure to better ones performance efforts is massive...and any mistakes very quickly (and noisily), made aware of....:Sad:

Ben Coker is a very average ageing, injury prone League 2 player that has been overtaken by Sam Hart as a left back....seeya!

Ben Coker is a very average ageing, injury prone League 2 player that has been overtaken by Sam Hart as a left back....seeya!
Much like you are a very average ageing, boring predicable League 2 poster who has been overtaken by every poster on here... Seeya

Last edited:
Much like you are a very average ageing, boring predicable League 2 poster who has been overtaken by every poster on here... Seeya

....sorry to upset you Mrs. Coker....your son thinks he is better than he is!

A tad harsh on Ben... he has had some bad injuries but he's a bit more than average L2. Our season I reckon wouldn't have catapulted so badly downwards if he had stayed fit.

I doubt we'll offer him another deal though.

Back