• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This season and injuries can **** off.

It's even taking out Southend legends after they've left the club.

Such a shame. Always gave his all for Southend, even when playing with a bad back his last season. There is one player that put his body on the line for the team.

Good luck in your next venture Barry
If you go into management and are as passionate as a manager as your were a player, then your lift the European Cup within five years.

Thanks for the time you gave us ?

I am on here actually Kay. Don’t post very often but always a good read and way to catch up with the latest SUFC news. Didn't the name give it away then? lol

Dave

Sad news reported by Dave Bishop (don't think he's on here):
A sad piece of news for all Southend fans. I received an e mail from Barry Corr this morning, in which he confirmed his retirement from football at the age of 34 due to the broken ankle and ligament damage he sustained in training with Cambridge United in October.

One of my favourite ever players to wear our beautiful shirt and certainly one of the bravest. 155 games (50 goals) for Blues between 2010 and 2015 and a top class lower league career with Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Swindon Town, Exeter City and Cambridge United from 2005 & 2018.

His place in Southend folklore is secure forever and thanks for the memories “Big Bad” Barry Corr. ??⭐️?✨⚽#SUFCLegend #Hero#LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa ❤️

PA_f92d66d6-99fd-4e3c-aeb8-99c2668a8cac_20180219165904-1024x729.jpg

Not the greatest player to have ever played for us ability wise but effort wise he was sensational. I remember when Sturrock signed him and we all (as always) looked on his wiki and weren’t overly excited. How wrong were we! Shame his injuries stopped him from continuing that form. I was genuinely gutted when he chose Cambridge over us, but I could understand why, he has a family to support and sometimes we don’t always think like that and think selfishly.

He scored some hugely important goals and was involved in one of the greatest games of Southend United history.

You will always be a legend in my eyes, so gutting for him he’s had to cut his career short. Hopefully one day he will be back in the dug out. If he can convey half the passion he did as a player he will make a hell of a coach/manager.

1555751098486.jpeg
****ing love you BBBC!!

To come back like he did after that horrendous injury and score the amount of goals he did speaks so much for the man.
Think it has to be mentioned that Ron Martin should receive a bit of good will for the way he decided to stick with him when other clubs would have binned him straight away.
One of my favourite players along with Timlin.

Right up there alongside Freddy as my favourite Southend players. That would have been my dream strike partnership with a prime Eastwood

An absolute warrior who has crippled his body for years to play football. He’s earned this retirement and I hope he stays in the game in some way

@Big Bad Barry Corr has said I can post this as well, something else from his collection of mementoes:

"The summer I came to Southend I had pretty much agreed to join Gillingham. Paul Sturrock then rang me. I told him I had reservations and that Gillingham were offering me more money. He just said "Barry, get the f**k down here" and hung up. I was there the next day at 8am"

"I'm nowhere near as good as Freddy was. The fans know that but they knew I cared and I always tried my best. I won't go down as one of Southend's most talented players but I always worked hard. I fell in love with the place and the fans saw that I think"

How can you not love this man? ❤️??❤️?❤️ #SouthendLegend#BigBadBarryCorr #Hero #Warrior ?⭐⚽⭐

I was only thinking of him yesterday and how I'd have loved him to have been battling for us with Coxy at the Bescot. The way he came back after serious injury for us was a testament to his great spirit. In these bad times, we seem to miss BBBC even more. As I often say about my own incredible time in the game, "The older I get, the better I was."

I'd probably say he's my favourite player of all time for us. Just something about him made me fall in love with him. He put his body through all sorts of **** just to play for the badge on the front of the shirt. We could have done with one or two like him this season that's for sure. Would love to see him back at the club one day as part of the staff. Enjoy retirement big man

Always remember the FA cup game where we beat Millwall 4-1, he terrorised them that afternoon.

Does anyone have a copy of the photo of him looking like he is bowing down to the crowd? I think it's in the old away kit..

Last edited:
Imagine how much better we’d feel about Saturday if we had the likes of BBBC still with us. ?

Wonder if we could invite him in as a guest player for the day, just for 15 minutes out there to rival the 15 minutes Ranger had at Sheffield as the best 15 minute cameo ever, as he pops in a hat-trick!

Back