• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Now we are safe we need the council to finally approve our new stadium and let us progress. Give the town something to be proud of.

Now we are safe we need the council to finally approve our new stadium and let us progress. Give the town something to be proud of.

Would that it were as simple as that.

I have not the slightest doubt that had the club's owners had the wherewithal and simply wanted to build a football ground, as with most new builds over the years, it would have been done and dusted years ago.

Update. So Ron Martin wants the Fossetts Farm decision by July, but the council's reply is that it's unlikely because through the planning process, the council have raised a number of concerns, and these have to be addressed by the applicant.
If you're serious Ron, address the concerns, because it's going nowhere otherwise. Which will come first in Southend, the new stadium or flying cars?

Update. So Ron Martin wants the Fossetts Farm decision by July, but the council's reply is that it's unlikely because through the planning process, the council have raised a number of concerns, and these have to be addressed by the applicant.
If you're serious Ron, address the concerns, because it's going nowhere otherwise. Which will come first in Southend, the new stadium or flying cars?

It does seem to read in the paper that the council have asked RM to address some concerns before the application can be heard.
We seem to be going round and round in circles here

Would that it were as simple as that.

I have not the slightest doubt that had the club's owners had the wherewithal and simply wanted to build a football ground, as with most new builds over the years, it would have been done and dusted years ago.

For sure, Southend Council only needed a few monetary inducements to hasten planning permissions in the 1980s. Only a few of them went to prison.
A very wealth owner would be able to grease the wheels very easily.

Council are fudging the matter. Doubt 'concerns' have been raised by them over their beloved Seaway folly.

He's addressed the bloody concerns every which way! They keep raising the same concerns every time anyone new comes in! Just bloody get on with it!

There is almost certainly some dialogue going on between RM and the Council Officers.
RM was a guest at the recent Annual Council and was having tea afterwards with the Mayor and invited guests and was also in the public gallery for last Thursday's Council meeting when the appointments to Committees, etc., were made. That doesn't point to a frosty situation between the parties to me...

I have doubts for years about the ground getting underway but I do now believe we are slowly edging towards a resolution.

Of course there will undoubtedly be more hurdles to get over but I don't think there will be much longer to wait.

The council and local economy could do with a shot in the arm and the club needs to move.
There is a win win to be had, but much will depend on the financial aspect to the town and also the effect of the build on traffic and congestion.

I thought the next meeting is in September.

Councillors had they elections in May and need the summer off after such exertion.

Next Meeting Dates:-

Development Control Committee meetings

Weds 3rd July 2019
Weds 31st July 2019

Cabinet Committee meetings

Thurs 27th June 2019
Thurs 12th Sept 2019

I haven't seen any updates on my tender portal recently. Only thing that has flagged up is a construction start date of June 2020 has been added, but these things are based on projections given to the portal administrators, so wouldn't read anything into that.

So I was at Priory Park corner today, and the Pizza takeaway on the corner of Fairfax Drive/Vic Av was installing new shops signs above. Oh dear. They must be confident they aren't going anywhere for a while.

So I was at Priory Park corner today, and the Pizza takeaway on the corner of Fairfax Drive/Vic Av was installing new shops signs above. Oh dear. They must be confident they aren't going anywhere for a while.

They might be, but I doubt they are in cahoots with the council to the extent of knowing the outcome of an as-yet-unheld planning committee meeting. So I wouldn’t worry. If anything, this might a cheapy they have sourced and are adding to the ‘expenses’ bill we might need to pay and/or generally tarting up their ****hole of a takeaway to try to maximise the CPO value, should one appear.

They might be, but I doubt they are in cahoots with the council to the extent of knowing the outcome of an as-yet-unheld planning committee meeting. So I wouldn’t worry. If anything, this might a cheapy they have sourced and are adding to the ‘expenses’ bill we might need to pay and/or generally tarting up their ****hole of a takeaway to try to maximise the CPO value, should one appear.
Since the demise of Sainsburys in this deal surely there isn't a need to use a CPO on the properties. After all, a housing estate there is going to need a pizza place of an evening.

Back