• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddie Ladapo

Seems another Charlie Wyke signing. The similarities are ridiculous.

One good season in which he's one of the leagues top scorers, having previously been fairly poor at this level.
Rumours of him signing early in the window.
Half a million fee.
Likely doesn't want to play for us.

Ladapo was the surprise of the season for every Southend fan.......Absolutely none of us expected him to do well.

He made his debut for us away at Peterborough. Coming on as a second half sub when we were winning 1-0 up but under a lot of pressure. At 6ft 2" your thinking, great just the man to hold the ball up and take the pressure off. His first two headers he completely miss timed his jump and missed the ball by at least a foot. I have to admit he was the first ever player I had wrote off before he had even touched the ball.

As others have said he never seemed to read the game. For example the left back would get the ball and under pressure and would want a simple option down the line. Freddie would be flat on his heals in the centre circle with no intention of moving.

It was rumoured that he was a nice lad but badly lacking confidence but we were in a honeymoon period with CP and climbing the table with no promotion or relegation fears.

Bury away he got himself into some good shooting positions but either scuffed it or side footed a tame, nice height for a keeper 'cowards' effort.....On the long drive home the debate was how did he ever end up at Palace.

Then he starts banging them in for Plymouth, some of them were great goals as well. I haven't watched much of him since but he did shield the ball well and set up a goal at RH as well as score.

His goal scoring did dry up at the business end of the season which obviously done us a favour. So may well be a case of when the pressure was on.....

So a striker that lacks confidence going to Sunderland and the Stadium Of Light...mmmm....Or Portsmouth who took longer to get out of L2 because a big home crowd who are impatient and judging players on past glories can work against their own team.

If he gets off to a flyer then it may well turn out fine. But what if he doesn't or what if you boys lose a few at home.......My bet is he will feel along way from Romford and a club like yours needs a mentally tougher player.

Dont get me wrong I have no grudge against the lad just because it never worked out with us. I never do. I will be happy for him to prove me wrong but just not against us.......That happens far to often.

Ladapo was the surprise of the season for every Southend fan.......Absolutely none of us expected him to do well.

He made his debut for us away at Peterborough. Coming on as a second half sub when we were winning 1-0 up but under a lot of pressure. At 6ft 2" your thinking, great just the man to hold the ball up and take the pressure off. His first two headers he completely miss timed his jump and missed the ball by at least a foot. I have to admit he was the first ever player I had wrote off before he had even touched the ball.

As others have said he never seemed to read the game. For example the left back would get the ball and under pressure and would want a simple option down the line. Freddie would be flat on his heals in the centre circle with no intention of moving.

It was rumoured that he was a nice lad but badly lacking confidence but we were in a honeymoon period with CP and climbing the table with no promotion or relegation fears.

Bury away he got himself into some good shooting positions but either scuffed it or side footed a tame, nice height for a keeper 'cowards' effort.....On the long drive home the debate was how did he ever end up at Palace.

Then he starts banging them in for Plymouth, some of them were great goals as well. I haven't watched much of him since but he did shield the ball well and set up a goal at RH as well as score.

His goal scoring did dry up at the business end of the season which obviously done us a favour. So may well be a case of when the pressure was on.....

So a striker that lacks confidence going to Sunderland and the Stadium Of Light...mmmm....Or Portsmouth who took longer to get out of L2 because a big home crowd who are impatient and judging players on past glories can work against their own team.

If he gets off to a flyer then it may well turn out fine. But what if he doesn't or what if you boys lose a few at home.......My bet is he will feel along way from Romford and a club like yours needs a mentally tougher player.

Dont get me wrong I have no grudge against the lad just because it never worked out with us. I never do. I will be happy for him to prove me wrong but just not against us.......That happens far to often.

I really hope we don't get him. I share the general feeling of most Sunderland fans.

One of my mates has had a look at the Plymouth fan forum and they're apparently over the moon to be rid of him which is strange considering his goals last season.

I really hope we don't get him. I share the general feeling of most Sunderland fans.

One of my mates has had a look at the Plymouth fan forum and they're apparently over the moon to be rid of him which is strange considering his goals last season.

They would appear to have an accurate assessment of his ablity.Clearly not fooled by his goals tally. Always had a lot of time for Pilgrims fans.

They would appear to have an accurate assessment of his ablity.Clearly not fooled by his goals tally. Always had a lot of time for Pilgrims fans.

He was awful for them both games vs us. We kept clean sheats both times.

I agree about their fans, they were fantastic when we were down there. We spent the whole night before the game with a group of Plymouth lads until early hours and they were a great laugh. They were also great in defeat down there, we went to a pub just outside the ground, it was packed 50/50 and everyone had smiles on their faces. It was the same all during the night after the game. Couldn't ask for much more from an away day really, 3 points and friendly locals. More than likely wont be making the 17 hour round journey again this season though.

He was awful for them both games vs us. We kept clean sheats both times.

I agree about their fans, they were fantastic when we were down there. We spent the whole night before the game with a group of Plymouth lads until early hours and they were a great laugh. They were also great in defeat down there, we went to a pub just outside the ground, it was packed 50/50 and everyone had smiles on their faces. It was the same all during the night after the game. Couldn't ask for much more from an away day really, 3 points and friendly locals. More than likely wont be making the 17 hour round journey again this season though.
I would say it was very likely you won't (unless you draw them in a cup). They got relegated!!

I would say it was very likely you won't (unless you draw them in a cup). They got relegated!!

giphy.gif

If he ends up back in League One there is one thing I can guarantee, he will score against us!

No offence to Ladapo but imagine him being your club record signing. What a let down.

And yes, he will score against us next season!

Rotherham's previous record signing cost them £500k so he's cost more than that, Plymouth have done very well to get so much for him.

Back