• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros u-21 championship starts..ENGLAND

ozzie

Manager
On sunday,the Euro u-21s start the finals.
The Germans,as always.expect to get to the final,anything less is a major disappointment.
They are the champions(again),but have been drawn with the easiest group.
Rivals are Spain,France,Italy and us.
England are again aiming-hoping big,but will we underperform as usual.
The three winners(3 groups) go into the s/f,plus best runner up,from the three groups,so our first game v France is the winner should end up top(our group).
After all the talk,lets hope we do well....i think the last time we won it was 1982

sad...but just what i thought as well
But being England fans,we live in hope

I'm out here for it, Italy vs Spain last night was cracking, great atmosphere, the passion spilling over in places shall we say...
England France tomorrow should be good!

saw the game,it was good.
When it was 1-0,thought they would win,but the Italians turned it round
Reading the German newspapers...a player called Lukas Nmecha,who plays for PNE...has played 31 times for England,scoring the winning goal for us at the Euro u-19 final.
The German u-21 manager..KUNTZ...came over to England,talked to him,now NMECHA is playing for Germany,maybe against us,he was born in Hamburg.His brother seems to be doing the same.
Its a shame,Germans do know how to win!!!
They won 3-1 yesterday and are expected to retain the cup.
The way Italy played at home and won,they may take some beating.
On the radio today (UK),they said England are favourites to beat France.
I hope im wrong,but i think we will get beaten.
Expect the s/f to be Germany,Italy,France and Spain..hope im wrong

Didn't realise quite how much until that penalty save. I'm on the fence still about VAR but I don't understand why you wouldn't use it to double check that pen just now.

Poor again,sadly as expected awell earnt win for France against the self proclaimed favourites.
And our manager has just been given another 2 years.

With only the best runner up going through even winning the next two games may not be enough to go through now. Without wishing to cast dispersions a draw could favour certain teams in the last game too, cough, Germany, cough

as in most cups,the usual teams turn up and perform,,Germany,Italy etc
That usual team,sadly us,ALWAYS talks the big talk,but when it comes to it under performs...and i dont think its going to change.
How we found a way to lose to a mediocre team like Holland in the s/f im still in shock,now that game
Look on the bright side...we only had two shots on target during the whole game and we scored with both!!!!!!

The sending off was 100% the reason we lost though we should have scored before the sending off. Rare that one thing is genuinely so pivotal.

At Bologna now for Italy vs Poland, thoroughly recommend this tournament, not seen a single other English fan at the non England games, probably says more about me mind you....

True,but if you only have one shot on target ALL game,you have problems.
France were the better team,even before the sending off.
We MUST win both games for a chance to get into the S/F.
But both results went against us yesterday,drawn games would have been good,but we still have got to win tomorrow first

What was really impressive was how much our youngsters were dragging theirs out of position which meant it genuinely felt when we would score again and not if, not sure how much that would have been picked up on TV, one of those rare times it might have been better there. We had no response post sending off, even at 88 minutes still felt we would lose it....

Know how you feel,strangely enough,maybe for the first time EVER..
about that time i thought,with a bit off luck..at last...we will win this
I had no beer(sadly)....so no excuse... i forgot this is ENGLAND

We got better late in the first half,but could have been maybe 3 down in the first 15

So the favourites (England) are the first team going home
They said..our best ever u-21 squad!! but first team on the plane
Looking foreward to hearing how our FA explain another FLOP

Boothroyd said he keeping his job,the only way is him to be carried out.
Im up for that....where shall we meet to carry him!!!

Back