• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That car crash in Stevenage looked horrendous. We get boy racers doing stupid stunts in our carpark over night and from my house I can hear them driving at what sounds like ridiculous speeds up and down the A5. Banning them obviously won't work, perhaps it's time to have these car meets at licenced, safe venues where the general public aren't in danger of being wiped out.

That car crash in Stevenage looked horrendous. We get boy racers doing stupid stunts in our carpark over night and from my house I can hear them driving at what sounds like ridiculous speeds up and down the A5. Banning them obviously won't work, perhaps it's time to have these car meets at licenced, safe venues where the general public aren't in danger of being wiped out.

Fight Club (on wheels),here we come!

Fight Club (on wheels),here we come!

Is it asking too much for (predominately) young males to drive sensibly? I guess it is - I was never part of that culture, it always left me cold when my peers spent their evenings cruising down Southend sea front in XR3i's.....!

Wont happen and you can blame the cruisers for that. Essex Police started a scheme where these people were made welcome in Southend once a month. Body kit companies, and the like set up stalls, cruiser mags were there to run articles and film and the police took the Evo's down and had a little bit of a tear-up with them as well. It was very softly softly policing and a really good night.

But guess what, they all took the **** and came down the following week and over the next month ruined the goodwill that had been built up. That was the end of that. Same happened in Margate, Lakeside, Eastbourne and Ipswich to my knowledge.

They want this street racer image and this is the end result. It was only a matter of time.

Wont happen and you can blame the cruisers for that. Essex Police started a scheme where these people were made welcome in Southend once a month. Body kit companies, and the like set up stalls, cruiser mags were there to run articles and film and the police took the Evo's down and had a little bit of a tear-up with them as well. It was very softly softly policing and a really good night.

But guess what, they all took the **** and came down the following week and over the next month ruined the goodwill that had been built up. That was the end of that. Same happened in Margate, Lakeside, Eastbourne and Ipswich to my knowledge.

They want this street racer image and this is the end result. It was only a matter of time.

Yeah I pretty much knew that when I posted. People like the illegality too much, gives them the rebel image (when they're anything but).

Dad in the park berating his young son because a ball hit him on the head and he got a bit teary with the delightful words "you ****ing gay boy" and then finding out said Dad was the dad of one of MK Jnr's BFFs (as she says).

Saw a piece on C4 news earlier where a lass who knew on of the kids hurt said the trouble was down to no police presence on this occasion.
What a silly remark and symptomatic of society; no police so idiots thought to be extra stupid!
Either that or poor journalism.
The trouble was down to idiots not behaving.

What a silly remark and symptomatic of society; no police so idiots thought to be extra stupid!
Either that or poor journalism.
The trouble was down to idiots not behaving.

I took the young lass to mean that on previous occasions there had been a quite heavy police presence,which had calmed things down.Obviously, we're all responsible for our own actions but I'm sure I'm not the only one who regrets doing some of the hot headed things I did as a young man that I wouldn't dream of doing now.

Over zealous mod. Sigh.

Not over zealous, politics and the discussion of it have been banned from here because there a few on here who have spoiled it for those who are sensible and don’t resort to personal abuse. As certain people continue to show their inability to play nicely the discussion of politics remains banned.

Returning from Dorset today, & joined a 2 mile queue for the Dartford Tunnel around 2.30pm. Dear god, apart from going through there at night or early morning, is it always like this?.

Not over zealous, politics and the discussion of it have been banned from here because there a few on here who have spoiled it for those who are sensible and don’t resort to personal abuse. As certain people continue to show their inability to play nicely the discussion of politics remains banned.

I do understand. But my post was about quite a serious situation with a volatile Country. One poster replied with a political sentence within his reply. One poster replied with his whole post being political. Why not just delete any political replies?

Politics is so utterly divisive these days it's that simple. There is seemingly no middle ground so I think it's the right call that it's removed on here. It just ends with the same posters recycling the same arguments and counter arguments and nothing being achieved (and I include myself in that).

Politics is so utterly divisive these days it's that simple. There is seemingly no middle ground so I think it's the right call that it's removed on here. It just ends with the same posters recycling the same arguments and counter arguments and nothing being achieved (and I include myself in that).

And those same people didn’t help by bringing those arguments and agendas to other non Politics forum threads.

It’s the stance ShrimperZone have taken and one I think has made this a much nicer place to post. If you want to talk politics there are plenty of other places to talk about it just not here.

MK council have deemed it in their infinite wisdom to dig up the pavement outside my house to lay fibre optic cable without any notification. Now it's lucky it's the school hols as Mrs MK doesn't have to work, but there's about 30 houses all with cars trapped in their driveways this morning. Top work right there.

I do understand. But my post was about quite a serious situation with a volatile Country. One poster replied with a political sentence within his reply. One poster replied with his whole post being political. Why not just delete any political replies?
Your original post was political, partial and inaccurate.

Back