• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Harlow v Southend XI

Issa Mpenga and Tom Anderson impressing me. Eastwood Jr greedy like his dad and very lively. That's that. 0.4. Another new ground.

Well you was at the right game ,how many times this season will Southend score 4 goals in a match plus one person getting a hattrick.

is mpenga any relation to the mpenga thats been playing in the leagues for quite some time now

Well you was at the right game ,how many times this season will Southend score 4 goals in a match plus one person getting a hattrick.

Probably anytime they play a side from the bottom 3 of the Bostik Premier league !!!

The 23s beat them 5-2 in the ESC last year, they really aren’t very good.

Probably anytime they play a side from the bottom 3 of the Bostik Premier league !!!

The 23s beat them 5-2 in the ESC last year, they really aren’t very good.

I would echo that. They were very poor. Especially up front. Refreshing to watch the u23s as they play a modern passing game.. not sure how many could step up if needed and slip into the first team and more physical hoofball. Certainly none of the defenders on show. Klass, Rush maybe Phillips. Interesting to see if we take Anderson on. Want to see more of Mpenga.

I would echo that. They were very poor. Especially up front. Refreshing to watch the u23s as they play a modern passing game.. not sure how many could step up if needed and slip into the first team and more physical hoofball. Certainly none of the defenders on show. Klass, Rush maybe Phillips. Interesting to see if we take Anderson on. Want to see more of Mpenga.

Missing Emile Acquah, who was up front for them last year on loan.

Talking of which, where was he Saturday? Wasn't in the first team squad at Dagenham, nor the u23s at Harlow.

Missing Emile Acquah, who was up front for them last year on loan.

Talking of which, where was he Saturday? Wasn't in the first team squad at Dagenham, nor the u23s at Harlow.

I think he is being rested or KB has given trialists more time to prove themselves, as he played 58 minutes against Weymouth just over a week ago.

I'd be really surprised if has fallen out of favour with KB.

Their local rag match report news here:

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/sport/17768174.terras-wonderful-weymouth-hold-league-one-side-southend/

The great Sandy Anderson, top man and devilish penalty taker. Partnered Arthur Williamson for years at full back.

MATT Rush is being tipped to kick on this season after scoring a fine hat-trick for Southend United’s under-23 side at Harlow Town.

More...

This is actually, exactly what Charlie Kelman should be doing this season.....learning his trade, scoring goals at the next level to what he has done previously and aiming to kick on....

I worry for his development at the moment. The kid has no football education behind him at all and has been thrust into a situation on a wave of euphoria based on a freak goal....I’ve said it time and time again there are many many parts of his game that need honing, in an environment that allows him to make mistakes and try things out.

This is actually, exactly what Charlie Kelman should be doing this season.....learning his trade, scoring goals at the next level to what he has done previously and aiming to kick on....

I worry for his development at the moment. The kid has no football education behind him at all and has been thrust into a situation on a wave of euphoria based on a freak goal....I’ve said it time and time again there are many many parts of his game that need honing, in an environment that allows him to make mistakes and try things out.
could not agree more. Kelman ,rush, Eastwood, and a lot more of that under 18 squad should be given a chance to develop at under 23 level learn there trade, turning boys into men. Because of the finance of the club under staffed they finish up sitting on the first team bench coming on for 15min with high expectations that they are just not ready for.

Back