• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Final league position May 2020

Final position

• Champions!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Play Offs

Votes: 22 10.4%
  • Upper Half

Votes: 75 35.5%
  • Lower Half

Votes: 89 42.2%
  • Relegation

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
I think you need to give the Samaritans a call
Usual post from you. taking the **** without putting up a different point off view. its just what think. you ov think differently, so put your pointof view and i might agree with you. reminds why i dont post anymore.

Usual post from you. taking the **** without putting up a different point off view. its just what think. you ov think differently, so put your pointof view and i might agree with you. reminds why i dont post anymore.

Ok so here goes. Pre season is all about fitness not about results. Not winning pre season games does not equal us being poor this season and relegation fodder.

You mention Moore and Hart. Moore was good for us last season and if he can't come back I'd be happy. However, signing Milligan means Kiernan can drop back to CB and I think Kiernan will do a great job there. Having Milligan ahead also strengthens that central area.
As for Hart, he was great going forwards but not the best at defending. That said, playing as a wing back means your attacking capabilities need to be good. Ralph is on par with Hart if not better so I think Hart won't be a loss. Kyprianou is also due back from injury and he was in fine form before his injury last season.

Humphrys is hitting form, Goodship looks handy and we have Hopper on his way back soon I hope so I feel Cox being injured isn't a disaster. Midfield may be a bit light but if Dru can find form, having Milligan as the holding midfielder will release the creative side in Dru. When he drives forward, he scares defenders.

We also have Baratt to come back after his terrible injury. Add another winger and a CM and we have a squad that is top half all day long.

Looking back at last season, you can blame Powell all you like for our predicament but injuries played a massive part in it.

Your post seemed very negative hence the Samaritans jibe. My apologies

Last edited:
I went to Weymouth last week and daggers today I’m not expecting a complete transformation within 7 days but both teams did look a lot fitter and quicker to the ball than we did

Ok so here goes. Pre season is all about fitness not about results. Not winning pre season games does not equal us being poor this season and relegation fodder.

You mention Moore and Hart. Moore was good for us last season and if he can't come back I'd be happy. However, signing Milligan means Kiernan can drop back to CB and I think Kiernan will do a great job there. Having Milligan ahead also strengthens that central area.
As for Hart, he was great going forwards but not the best at defending. That said, playing as a wing back means your attacking capabilities need to be good. Ralph is on par with Hart if not better so I think Hart won't be a loss. Kyprianou is also due back from injury and he was in fine form before his injury last season.

Humphrys is hitting form, Goodship looks handy and we have Hopper on his way back soon I hope so I feel Cox being injured isn't a disaster. Midfield may be a bit light but if Dru can find form, having Milligan as the holding midfielder will release the creative side in Dru. When he drives forward, he scares defenders.

We also have Baratt to come back after his terrible injury. Add another winger and a CM and we have a squad that is top half all day long.

Looking back at last season, you can blame Powell all you like for our predicament but injuries played a massive part in it.

Your post seemed very negative hence the Samaritans jibe. My apologies
No apologies need. i suppose i was a bit doom and gloom. i take on board your points and yes i see merit in them. looks though we will have to wait a bit longer for baratt and hopper it seems. Ok il say this if we can field a full strenth side for say half a season without injuries we will be ok. this season start doesnt bode well though. Anyway lets hope your right here, nothing would make me happier if you are .

Bond is a mistake I'm afraid. We will struggle...lower half maybe after a management change.

Yes, without Bond I reckon we would definitely make the play offs.....Having said that league 2 is obviously easier than L1.

Whatever happens this season at least when we make our familiar journey up the A12, instead of slowing down and heading for that awful car park. Hundreds of us can raise a middle finger to the care in the community stadium and continue on at 60mph because we will be going to Ipswich instead.

Forget pre season friendly results, there is no way we are losing 13 games at home with KB in charge and that's before his loanees arrive.. ....easily mid table. Tough start but picking up before Christmas and if the curse is lifted a stronger second half to cheer everyone up by May.

It's not looking good. Injuries, injuries, injuries...... lack of signings (though I expect that to change). Much will depend on how long our star players are out for.......

16th, and thankful for the mess Bury and Bolton find themselves in.

Personally I think mid table.

But however bad we think we have it take a look at this for Bolton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49057652

Does anyone know what happens to them when they can't start the league? Will that be that or do they just postpone the matches until they are ready?

What an awful situation to be in, wouldn't wish it on any club, even if it is to the benefit of Southend United.

D3D4 podcast for league one has us at 21st and relegation. This is based on our signings so far. I don't agree, although I don't think we will worry the top 10 I do think we will finish around 15/16.

THE majority of Southend United supporters expect the Shrimpers to finish in the bottom half of the League One table this season, according to an Echosport poll.

More...

Honestly, where do you think we will be in the table next May

I am sure many will revisit in 9 months and mock those pessimists or optimists :Winking:

I'll start with
18th (19th if we end up in a 23 team division )

I think we just have enough to keep us in the league, particularly given the problems surrounding other clubs , however a repeat of last seasons injuries, or a drop in attendances enough to cause cash flow issues could see us slip out .

I can't guess, last year I believed we would be on the coat tails of promotion/play offs - and might have been IF and BUT etc.
This season is such an unknown with large changes and still too many not available key players.
I hope for 8-10th, I suspect I will end the season happy for us to to be above the bottom 7/8.
A cup run is, IMO, a better "glory" prospect for us.

It’s 12th to 15th for me....slow start and gaining momentum as the season progresses.....that said I believe we are already in a higher league position than this time last year !! :ROFL:

If we bring Shaughnessy in and we have the opposite of the bad luck from last season on injuries I can see us making the playoffs. We have some good players for this level, and a good coach. If the two can come together without injuries wrecking plans I think the doom and gloom is probably over done. However, actually strangely I think its probably going to help expectations being low. Should take some of the pressure off particularly at home.

Back