• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE ASHES

Oh dear doesn’t really cover it.
All edges to the keeper or slippers. Combination of excellent line and length bowling and some pretty ordinary technique.
This looks all but over as a contest now.
What a time for David Warner to find his form.

Good bowling and very average batting all topped off with Root sitting on the balcony laughing!

England 67 all out. :Frustrated:

England have a master plan, we are luring them into a false sense of security, :Thumbs up:

What next, a recall for Keaton Jennings and Gary Balance??

Sibley's the form batsman in the Championship and with Burns could maybe help see the shine off the new ball. He has to be a better option than opening with Roy or Denly. I think Ollie Pope will be a good player but he needs to be down the order and I'm not sure if exposing him to this Aussie attack is a good idea for his long term development.

It would of course be harsh to drop Denly after he top scored (12:Clap:)

Looks like the ashes are staying with Australia unfortunately

Brainless, impatient batting brought on by one day cricket mentality IMHO. Seems as though the team were not prepared for Test match cricket. Why the World cup and Ashes in same year anyway? Seems barmy to me.

Brainless, impatient batting brought on by one day cricket mentality IMHO. Seems as though the team were not prepared for Test match cricket. Why the World cup and Ashes in same year anyway? Seems barmy to me.

Whilst I agree with you lets not forget the Aussies played in the world cup too.

If we can skittle them out early doors and lets say they have a 350 odd lead, we still would have 2days and a session or so to get these runs, if just two bats stick this is not impossible but i do fear their batting mindset is so wrong still as they say it ain't over to the fat lady sings,come on England.

If we can skittle them out early doors and lets say they have a 350 odd lead, we still would have 2days and a session or so to get these runs, if just two bats stick this is not impossible but i do fear their batting mindset is so wrong still as they say it ain't over to the fat lady sings,come on England.

Like the positive thoughts but 350 would be about 200 to many for England.

I didn’t like the talk coming from the England captain suggesting England were now in the driving seat because Steve Smith wasn’t playing, kind of suggesting Australia were a one man batting team. What happens next is Warner comes out fighting and their bowlers embarrass the England batsmen. Totally blown away by a better team who know how to play test match cricket.
Root got an excellent delivery first innings but second time around he has to stand up and be counted. Australia attack the captain and Root needs to show he’s mentally strong enough for the challenge.
As for going forward, there’s simply no point in playing the same team at Old Trafford. Jimmy should play if fit with Woakes making way but it’s the batting that needs changing. I’d probably drop three of the current top seven with Roy, Denly and Buttler moving aside. Buttler has hardly played any first class cricket and it shows, the other two aren’t good enough.

Making a go of our run chase and although unlikely to be successful at least showing a bit of fight and resilience

Making a go of our run chase and although unlikely to be successful at least showing a bit of fight and resilience

Shame Root chucked his wicket away so stupidly. Had a great chance as captain and on his home ground to be the answer to Steve Smith.

Still I remember Mark Butcher winning us the Headingly Ashes test chasing over 300.....fingers crossed.

Back