• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Putting the bike in for a yearly service (£30) the chap on the phone says that if it doesn't warrant £30 I can have in for free. Well done Go Outdoors, and **** you Halfords who wanted £100 just to look at it.

Putting the bike in for a yearly service (£30) the chap on the phone says that if it doesn't warrant £30 I can have in for free. Well done Go Outdoors, and **** you Halfords who wanted £100 just to look at it.

Go Outdoors is a great shop!

It's really easy to do yourself...

Just ran a 5k in 22.28, haven’t got anywhere near that for years. Next step is to get sub 20’s lots of hard work to get there.

Just ran a 5k in 22.28, haven’t got anywhere near that for years. Next step is to get sub 20’s lots of hard work to get there.

I could only dream of that time! Not run outside for awhile but on a treadmill that'd take me over 30 mins these days. Don't get old kids!

I could only dream of that time! Not run outside for awhile but on a treadmill that'd take me over 30 mins these days. Don't get old kids!

It’s been a struggle since passing 30 and doesn’t get any easier. Just trying to drop the weight and make it easier for me.

My fastest times ever were in the 21 minute range. My fastest time recently (last week) was 23.17. My aim for tomorrow's run is to be inside 23 minutes, although that might be a stretch given that I'm playing tennis tonight.

Mind you, I am nearly 50 so maybe I should go a bit easier on myself...no chance: cardio tennis tonight and a good run tomorrow and I can take the weekend off.

Wait till hit 60 lol

Best ever 27 mins 33, but now running Crown to Crown 5 k over cross country its more 34 mins, anything under I feel I am Sir Mo

Love running only person to beat is your self

Good work! I set a 5k PB of 22.43 last June and I'm way off that right now, but I'm more focussed on distance at the minute with 10 mile and half marathon races coming up. I couldn't imagine running a sub-20 5k.

Good work! I set a 5k PB of 22.43 last June and I'm way off that right now, but I'm more focussed on distance at the minute with 10 mile and half marathon races coming up. I couldn't imagine running a sub-20 5k.

Yeah, my main focus is 10k. I'm well off my best for that as well! (Last week I managed 50.29, but a couple of years ago I was as low as 47 minutes.)

I'm not allowed to run half or even full marathons because of my knees so I'm contemplating trying out a triathlon...

Yeah, my main focus is 10k. I'm well off my best for that as well! (Last week I managed 50.29, but a couple of years ago I was as low as 47 minutes.)

I'm not allowed to run half or even full marathons because of my knees so I'm contemplating trying out a triathlon...
My 10k PB is 48 something, only managing around 54 right now but I hardly ran over the summer as I can't take the heat, but I've been back on 3 runs a week for 3 weeks now and my times are starting to pick up again. My knees are my weakness too - once I get back to a weekly long run of 10+ miles I need to be really careful as I can feel them starting to go! Would absolutely love to do a marathon but I think I've left it too late, sadly.

Back