• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHAIRMAN DRAWS UP SHORTLIST

What interests me is whether Ron and his board take advice from a really knowledgeable football person re the appointment ie does Ron rely upon his own view of what is required of the new manager or call in expert assistance? I have no idea whether Ron and his board consider themselves fully qualified to identify what qualities are needed properly to address the glaring weaknesses in the present team. It seems obvious to most of the supporters but no doubt Ron will also be looking at the bigger picture too, like whether there is enough discipline and attention to fitness levels.

Ron makes all the appointments, the board merely rubber stamp his appointee.

I really hope he makes the right appointment half of these players are out of contract in the summer so a rebuild will happen we need to win some games attacking wise we are good we need to sort that defence out

I think the suggestion by Bond re it will take several transfer windows to sort the squad out looks be coming true.

Perhaps he was suggesting that there may be one or more bad apples influencing others and / or creating poor relationships between players?
It’s been true since he said it and it was only people’s frustration and anger towards Bond that made them deaf to the words. It was right then and it’s right now. Whatever you want to call it... inertia, direction, trajectory, crisis, there seems to be a lot of rot to stop before we can even start to think about building and moving forward.

Surely with the window closed and us in such trouble the best candidate will be the person who can motivate the players that we have to perform to their best.
It's not about their football pedigree or whether they are a club legend but can they man motivate which is what's required at the moment.

Other views are available.

What interests me is whether Ron and his board take advice from a really knowledgeable football person re the appointment ie does Ron rely upon his own view of what is required of the new manager or call in expert assistance? I have no idea whether Ron and his board consider themselves fully qualified to identify what qualities are needed properly to address the glaring weaknesses in the present team. It seems obvious to most of the supporters but no doubt Ron will also be looking at the bigger picture too, like whether there is enough discipline and attention to fitness levels.
I don't think Ron is historically a football man so doubt very much he will make any decisions without talking to someone who has a far greater in depth knowledge than he does.

The last two appointments speak for themselves.

I don't think Ron is historically a football man so doubt very much he will make any decisions without talking to someone who has a far greater in depth knowledge than he does.

If I did something for 20 years, I'd hope to pick up a pretty decent depth of knowledge on the subject !

Please don't let him speak to my Wife because forget VAR unless they look like a salt or pepper pot She's got no clue if they're onside or not!

If I did something for 20 years, I'd hope to pick up a pretty decent depth of knowledge on the subject !
Agreed. The “not a football man” thing was being said in 2000/2001!! Not really valid now he’s lived it day in day out since then.

I would trust him to make the right decision, I just want him to get a bloody move on.......

Utterly ridiculous....why are we taking so long...we are loosing games week after week....it might only be September but time is running out fast before we are cut adrift and have to start planning for League 2!

Get a grip Ron and get this appointment made!

Back