• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keith Dublin

Keith's most fondly remembered game for Southend fans was in the Sinod Cup (?) where he even scored our goal.

He was playing for Watford at the time.

Dubs was okay. He played for us in the second tier, so miles better than all the centre halves who struggled for us at L2.

He was a bit slow. Whenever he played there was always a 50cc Puch Maxi idling on the touchline so that if he ever ventured towards the opposing goal he could then ride it back to his own half. A specially trained ball boy (or girl) then rode it back.

Football was a different game in those days.

If you want to see the moped now it can be found in the Southend Museum in the Roots Hall Memorabilia gallery. It's next to the Kevin O'Callaghan Memorial Deckchair.

Last edited:
He was still part of the three longest ever passes in football though, Dublin to Sussex to Cornwall:Worthy:

I'll get my coat!

Thompson and Jones were a joy to watch in that period

I assume you mean Andy Thomson? His Wikipedia page is interesting: he holds a UEFA A license and is currently studying for an MSc in Performance Coaching. Smart guy.

Also according to Wikipedia, up until a few years ago, Gary Jones was still playing.

I assume you mean Andy Thomson? His Wikipedia page is interesting: he holds a UEFA A license and is currently studying for an MSc in Performance Coaching. Smart guy.

Also according to Wikipedia, up until a few years ago, Gary Jones was still playing.

Very nice chap too, did an interview with him for the fanzine.

Back