• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker

Unbelievable amount of bitterness here because Ben wasn’t the stereotypical robot and spoke his mind

I recall his uncontrolled excitement on the Sky broadcast when Humphrys scored that crucial goal against Sunderland. That was the reaction of a man for whom Southend United meant a lot.

I recall his uncontrolled excitement on the Sky broadcast when Humphrys scored that crucial goal against Sunderland. That was the reaction of a man for whom Southend United meant a lot.

Shame he took the advice of his agent rather than signing a new contract.

I reckon he knew what was coming and decided he needed to get out. A brave decision with the injury he has had.

Had a good 60mins under his belt, glad to see him back playing after that horrific long term injury.

Good luck Ben

I reckon he knew what was coming and decided he needed to get out. A brave decision with the injury he has had.

His interview during the Sunderland game at the end of last season was telling. The presenter asked him what he made of Kevin Bond and his answer was along the lines of "Well, I like him". That rang alarm bells with me because it implied that there were a number in the squad that didn't, and BC was going against the grain.

I wasn't surprised when he left. I think he came to realise that KB wasn't up to the task...

Assuming he's fit would he be willing to come back here?

I'm guessing he's not fully fit. If he were I doubt Lincoln would be getting rid of him.

That said, I can't see anything on the web that substantiates this. I have seen that the Cowleys are after Harry Toffolo who is also a Lincoln left back.

Last edited:
Likewise. However, the real question is would he come back? I suspect not.

Very doubtful. He'd been here a long time, also he won't want to be playing L2 football, he knows he is better than that.

Back