• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player clear outs

Well I beg to differ....maybe not copious amounts but there have been some at some very crucial times that had they been scored results may be very different.....

Coventry first game - Shaughnessy miss. We draw that game.....

Fleetwood home - Humphrys clean through 12 yards out to go 2-0 up after 30 mins. 4 mins later they equalised for 1-1

Portsmouth away - Goodship to go 1-0 up

That’s just three examples of clear cut should score moments that didn’t....all affected the results
Add Lincoln away to that list. Mantom hit the post after about 10 mins with the score at 0-0. Now as per some of the other matches we went on to let in 4 but who knows what would have happened if he had scored.

I'd agree totally there, exactly as I read it with the exceptions of Lennon, poor, injury prone and utterly unprofessional...There has been way to much indiscipline in our club going back at the least to Sturrocks tenure, and Acquah..Doubt he will make it at Conference level, I see nothing in him...PLEASE PLEASE TAKE A NOTE OF ME YOUNG MAN AND PROVE ME WRONG!..Finally Robinson is an utter waste of resources, even at Div 2 Level.

The most important and the hardest job on a football pitch is the number 9. We looked a different team in the first half v Tranmere because of Hopper.

Cox or Humphrys cant do the number 9 job. yes they have other qualities but they are not good with their back to goal and dealing with keepers kicks/long balls/clearances up to them.

Its bit like goal keeping number 9's improve with age. Two players that have score hattricks against us in recent times, Tom Eaves and Kieffer Moore were both dismissed when they were the same age as Acquah.

The first time I saw him play for the under 18's he turned his man only about 8 yards from goal and although at an angle he just had to shoot. instead he looked for a pass. Why aren't hey coached to be more ruthless?.....A striker has to be greedy in the box surely?

The ref also decided to make the game non contact. One of the things he has struggled with is being knocked off the ball as he goes to control it. Remember Ricky Duncan saying he had learned from his one game in charge that its a different game at L1 level for his academy players.

Well how can any player learn the art of tight defending or being a target man when there's more contact in an over 65's walking game

You cant get rid of 16 players in January and many of them can move on in the summer

Ridgewell will be gone and the two on loan may well be recalled by their parent clubs. Again depends on how Hamilton does over the next few games but he done more than OK at Rochdale and scored goals for them.

The Two I would definitely move on would be Kiernan and Demtriou because they are P*** takers and they have rinsed us in the treatment room so we don't owe them they owe us.

Others are on my watch list for malingering like Mantom and Dieng

Cox has to much to say in the dressing room and when a couple of us wise old heads went to speak to him about his injury pre-season, he could barley look us in the eye and quickly nipped off......Sorry Simon but I've been around long enough to know that look. Either way his and McL's time will be up this summer

Unfair on Bishop he is young for a keeper and Ralph has been over criticised and still has potential. Lennon may choose to go after pubgate.

Milligan is a strange one. Looked the part early on but now looks uninterested. I have heard he is arrogant but could that be down to him summing up our squad and not having much respect for them.

Anyway the best person to decide is Sol. So I will trust him, he doesn't have to suffer fools because he isn't desperate to keep a job.....That may be a big plus for the task a head.

Ralph certainly has the potential to be a non-league ( or Scottish league player).Agree with you about Lennon ,he might well choose to walk rather than hang around for the boot in January.

Personally, I'd be sorry to see either SC or Macca go but I don't think either will fancy L2 football.

Ralph certainly has the potential to be a non-league ( or Scottish league player).Agree with you about Lennon ,he might well choose to walk rather than hang around for the boot in January.

Personally, I'd be sorry to see either SC or Macca go but I don't think either will fancy L2 football.

Macca won't have a choice. Not good enough for League One. Maybe a few years ago, but the standard increases every year and like many of our players he has been left behind.

Macca won't have a choice. Not good enough for League One. Maybe a few years ago, but the standard increases every year and like many of our players he has been left behind.
While some players get absolute pelters on here, McLaughlin and Cox get talked of little. As the more senior experienced players and part of that promotion team I find it sad seeing them struggle now. I’d say both are now past their best and not the required standard. But ... let’s see what magic Sol and his fitness coach can work.

On Acquah, we were told recently that he's tearing up trees in training and Sol has been very impressed....what we need from him is to see some evidence of that on the pitch because we haven't done as yet.

On Acquah, we were told recently that he's tearing up trees in training and Sol has been very impressed....what we need from him is to see some evidence of that on the pitch because we haven't done as yet.
Hes young ,inexperienced at present ,give him time ,im sure he will be

He had his best game yet tonight and he’s still young.

Ok, 20+ players is probably quite a bit too many. However, there are 10+ at least that I would not be massively sorry to see leave:

Oxley
Bishop
Shaughnessy
Kiernan
Lennon
Milligan
Mantom
Dieng
Hyam
McLaughlin
Ndukwu
Hamilton
Humphrys (only if he’s one of the bad apples)
Demetriou
Ralph
Ridgewell

That’s 16 and I’ve probably missed someone!

Those listed above are not all equally unpopular with me - but I don’t think any is the answer to what we need. Looking at the list, it’s not surprising we are where we are in the league (sadly).
I would keep Humphreys as he can score and dieng looks a much better player at centre back!! But bin the rest!!!

While some players get absolute pelters on here, McLaughlin and Cox get talked of little. As the more senior experienced players and part of that promotion team I find it sad seeing them struggle now. I’d say both are now past their best and not the required standard. But ... let’s see what magic Sol and his fitness coach can work.

Cox wasn't part of our promotion team.

Not sure who the bad apples are, but previous to this season nothing but good was said about Cox, and to be fair if he had the hump with Bond then I do not blame him. There should have been others as well, played when not fit, out of position so they are then open to criticism. would not just be the bad apples i got rid of anyway, would be the players who are lazy and selfish players too, those that do not run or help unless the ball is played to them or do nothing unless it is to help themselves.

But that aside looking purely at January I would think the max is maybe 5 or 6 out, hard to say Ralph as we need to have a left back and would need to sign 2 maybe if we got rid

Lennon
Demitirou
Mantom
Robinson

WOuld terminate the loan of Ndukwu of we can as well, think there has to be a clause to allow that though.

Last edited:
Thanks Westcliff, I think similar in that players that were happy with what was going on are an issue, not those that argued against poor training and drills etc

Not sure who the bad apples are, but previous to this season nothing but good was said about Cox, and to be fair if he had the hump with Bond then I do not blame him. There should have been others as well, played when not fit, out of position so open to criticism. OWUld not just be the band apples i got rid of anyway, would be the players who are lazy and selfish players too, those that do not run or help unless the ball is played to them or do nothing unless it is to help themselves.

But that aside looking purely at January I would think the max is maybe 5 or 6 out, hard to say Ralph as we need to have a left back and would need to sign 2 maybe if we got rid

Lennon
Demitirou
Mantom
Robinson

WOuld terminate the loan of Ndukwu of we can as well, think there has to be a clause to allow that though.

We can only get rid of Ndukwu on Christmas day.

It's a Santa Clause ?

We can only get rid of Ndukwu on Christmas day.

It's a Santa Clause ?
giphy.gif

OBL yes agree we haven’t seen it yet, but it must be very hard for our young inexperienced players to play with confidence among some players who don’t seem bothered. Still total confidence Sol will sort the poor examples of professional footballers we have out, so those interested can move on and improve. Football is like many jobs you can do loads of training but it’s the the real thing that improves you, guessing people’s names on line does Rigsby think that of the fire brigade proved that, or am I way off track? From a real name

We don’t know why individually and as a team we are playing so badly.
If Sol can “fix” the underlying issues then maybe some who many have as “ get rid” may come good.
I hope he has said that every door be has a fresh start under him. At the same time if it’s clear some are not responding quickly enough then make examples of them if he feels this will help the team.

We don’t know why individually and as a team we are playing so badly.
If Sol can “fix” the underlying issues then maybe some who many have as “ get rid” may come good.
I hope he has said that every door be has a fresh start under him. At the same time if it’s clear some are not responding quickly enough then make examples of them if he feels this will help the team.
I will take a leap at reasons why we are playing so badly.
Poor fitness levels that have declined since last months of PB. Not helped by having, seemingly, fragile players who have a lack of grit in too many cases.
An unbalanced squad with no tough tacklers in midfield or backs.
No obvious leaders on the pitch.
Weak (prior to Sol) management (Ron to blame for that!).
Unsettled line ups, confused tactics which only half team tried to work at.
Over paid, under performing egos.
I am sure there are more reasons too.

Do you really think so? I must say these year on year increases in quality have passed me by.

OBL yes agree we haven’t seen it yet, but it must be very hard for our young inexperienced players to play with confidence among some players who don’t seem bothered. Still total confidence Sol will sort the poor examples of professional footballers we have out, so those interested can move on and improve. Football is like many jobs you can do loads of training but it’s the the real thing that improves you, guessing people’s names on line does Rigsby think that of the fire brigade proved that, or am I way off track? From a real name

SG, for me to understand you will have to translate that last bit of Foulness speak into Queens Essex

Back