• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seaway Leisure Plans Submitted

Article in today's echo regarding this project.

Seems to air on the side that this will be agreed by SBC.

Should this be agreed, what does that do for our own grand plans.

Here are the details of the Special Development Control Committee Meeting the council have decided to hold to look at their Seaway pet project, this meeting will only look at this project in isolation to any other waiting and submitted plans.

This an additional meeting to the normal monthly Development Control Committee Meetings, the last one was on held today (Weds 8th January 2020).

Special Meeting, Development Control Committee
Wednesday, 15th January, 2020 2.00 pm

More Details Here

The question is, will this sink Fossetts?

The main selling point for the FF/Roots Hall development is the number of homes planned. The Council are expected by the government to build a few thousand homes in the town, these plans would go a long way to meeting that directive. God knows how the NHS and schools will cope with all these people, the town is already full up. But if that is the only way the club can move into a much needed new facility then so be it.

The main selling point for the FF/Roots Hall development is the number of homes planned. The Council are expected by the government to build a few thousand homes in the town, these plans would go a long way to meeting that directive. God knows how the NHS and schools will cope with all these people, the town is already full up. But if that is the only way the club can move into a much needed new facility then so be it.

I make you right but think 2008 when RBS backed out due to the financial meltdown and property crash. We are long overdue a recession in the property area, normally they come about ever 8 or 10 years we have been stagnant for 12 now with a non stop rise in house prices most people are more than struggling to afford. Prices are simply ridiculous now for new buyers, with wages pretty much stagnant to, you only have to look on rightmove. It is just unsustainable.

If there is another crash and I truly expect there will have to be, the housing market will be the first affected.

London alone has Ghost towers of empty flats many built with dodgy Russian and Chinese money that are just sitting there because they are unaffordable...it will spread. The only people who are making a killing atm are those that had million pound places in London and are now moving to the outskirts ie Leigh on sea and cashing in.

Last edited:
The Seaway development has been deferred again, according to a report I have just seen on line in Echo News. Apparently the contract between the Council and Turnstone expires on Friday. The sticking point it seems is the reduction in seafront parking spaces.

Could this be good news for Fossetts ?

The Seaway development has been deferred again, according to a report I have just seen on line in Echo News. Apparently the contract between the Council and Turnstone expires on Friday. The sticking point it seems is the reduction in seafront parking spaces.

Could this be good news for Fossetts ?

Well finally Southend Borough Council Councillors on the Councils Development Control Committee have made the right decision and deferred the plans for a second time over mainly the reduction of the number of car parking spaces from 661 to 555.

Councillors questioned the councils own planning officers who were adamant that the level of parking is “sufficient” and further stressed the development would not have a significant impact on the highway network. But they were basing all this on the inaccurate data from 2015, some of which was taken on a rainy winters day.

As the contract between Southend Borough Council and Turnstones expires next Friday 17th Jan 2020, it will either need to be extended yet again (The Council said last time there would be no further extensions) or new revised plans would need to be submitted which overcomes the obvious car parking numbers issues.

Hopefully now the attention of the Councils Planning Officers, the Development Control Committee, and the Councillors, will now get on with all the other plans that have been waiting in the pipeline including Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall.

Full Story in the ECHO

I make you right but think 2008 when RBS backed out due to the financial meltdown and property crash. We are long overdue a recession in the property area, normally they come about ever 8 or 10 years we have been stagnant for 12 now with a non stop rise in house prices most people are more than struggling to afford. Prices are simply ridiculous now for new buyers, with wages pretty much stagnant to, you only have to look on rightmove. It is just unsustainable.

If there is another crash and I truly expect there will have to be, the housing market will be the first affected.

London alone has Ghost towers of empty flats many built with dodgy Russian and Chinese money that are just sitting there because they are unaffordable...it will spread. The only people who are making a killing atm are those that had million pound places in London and are now moving to the outskirts ie Leigh on sea and cashing in.

Basildon sold a majority of Trafford House flats by the station to East London council, in order to get them out and into homes, so its a fair assessment ,they will spread further afield to re-home

Well finally Southend Borough Council Councillors on the Councils Development Control Committee have made the right decision and deferred the plans for a second time over mainly the reduction of the number of car parking spaces from 661 to 555.

Councillors questioned the councils own planning officers who were adamant that the level of parking is “sufficient” and further stressed the development would not have a significant impact on the highway network. But they were basing all this on the inaccurate data from 2015, some of which was taken on a rainy winters day.

As the contract between Southend Borough Council and Turnstones expires next Friday 17th Jan 2020, it will either need to be extended yet again (The Council said last time there would be no further extensions) or new revised plans would need to be submitted which overcomes the obvious car parking numbers issues.

Hopefully now the attention of the Councils Planning Officers, the Development Control Committee, and the Councillors, will now get on with all the other plans that have been waiting in the pipeline including Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall.

Full Story in the ECHO

Fully expect them to go against their word and extend it.

££££

There are social houses at the back of the new estate along the north of Hall Road, Rochford. Many have been bought up off plan and are now used by London Boroughs to flytip their unhousables.
Funny that the crime rate in Rochford is on the up, just when the police station and any police presence has gone. New amenities are a few brothels and several "street chemists".

The developer signed up to building doctors surgery etc when 700 homes were built but after that scaled the estate down to 600+ homes only so none of the facilities "promised" will be built unless the tax payers make it so.
Smelly?
Just a word on this, my brother lives in Rochford close to Hall Road. Since the London influx the reports of burglaries has rocketed. The place is also awash with drugs, as the London gentrification continues as our corrupt councils continue to take London money and our county gradually becomes the new east London ghetto. Sickening really.

Speaking to traders in Leigh, who also tell me gangs of shoplifters are rife.

Great that we are now living in the dumping ground for the capital’s scum.

Same scum who I’ve seen dealing drugs openly in quiet Leigh streets. Same scum who are amongst the 4 hooded youths who stole my car last year. Police weren’t interested either.

Personally I want out of Essex.

I digress.

Last edited:
Basildon sold a majority of Trafford House flats by the station to East London council, in order to get them out and into homes, so its a fair assessment ,they will spread further afield to re-home

We get plenty of phone calls at work in our rental department from London councils looking to re-home people out of their boroughs.

Just a word on this, my brother lives in Rochford close to Hall Road. Since the London influx the reports of burglaries has rocketed. The place is also awash with drugs, as the London gentrification continues as our corrupt councils continue to take London money and our county gradually becomes the new east London ghetto. Sickening really.

Same scum who I’ve seen dealing drugs openly in quiet Leigh streets. Same scum who are amongst the 4 hooded youths who stole my car last year. Police weren’t interested either.

I digress.
Just seen this and the 'London influx' into Leigh on Sea is certainly nothing new, it's so easily accessible from the capital. Many of the people I know here in their 50's/60's are originally from Barking, Dagenham or Ilford (now considered London, may as well be). I can't speak for Rochford but Leigh is still a pleasant place to live .. I've never seen any drug dealing going on in side streets, as you describe ... so that surprises me a lot. There's lots of money floating about here and you could say a fair amount of gentrification also, too much according to many locals who miss the old shops on the Broadway, now replaced with hairdressers, coffee shops and little art studio-type places. It's almost like the place is ring-fenced, as the other side of Chalkwell Park is very different ..
There's no doubt the Southend area as a whole has declined but hasn't the whole country? I'd still rather live here than a lot of other places in the UK ..

Just seen this and the 'London influx' into Leigh on Sea is certainly nothing new, it's so easily accessible from the capital. Many of the people I know here in their 50's/60's are originally from Barking, Dagenham or Ilford (now considered London, may as well be). I can't speak for Rochford but Leigh is still a pleasant place to live .. I've never seen any drug dealing going on in side streets, as you describe ... so that surprises me a lot. There's lots of money floating about here and you could say a fair amount of gentrification also, too much according to many locals who miss the old shops on the Broadway, now replaced with hairdressers, coffee shops and little art studio-type places. It's almost like the place is ring-fenced, as the other side of Chalkwell Park is very different ..
There's no doubt the Southend area as a whole has declined but hasn't the whole country? I'd still rather live here than a lot of other places in the UK ..
Really?.. walk around Chalkwell Park in the early evening and you will be able to take your pick of dealers!
Leigh has not had a large new estate built south of A127 for a long time, there isn't the room but north Leigh and Eastwood has had it's problems. Lundy Close, Beaver Towers etc.

Really?.. walk around Chalkwell Park in the early evening and you will be able to take your pick of dealers!
Leigh has not had a large new estate built south of A127 for a long time, there isn't the room but north Leigh and Eastwood has had it's problems. Lundy Close, Beaver Towers etc.
I must be pretty naive as have never seen it, mind you I rarely go near Chalkwell Park of an evening (I don't have a dog). You're right about new estates and I'm well south of the A127. So if the poster was talking about Eastwood end then yeah, ok. I wasn't denying that trouble gets moved out of the London area to Essex (Basildon I know is bad), more saying that in general, Leigh is still a nice/safe place to live. Hopefully it'll remain that way..

I digress.

The only bit of the above that might need a closer look is the wanting out of Essex part. Where would you go? The issues you describe are everywhere and Essex is still a wonderful place to live and raise kids, unless you want to go really mega rural.

The county lines (drugs) and police resourcing issues are widespread. That doesn’t mean that they will only get worse. They might, but this is a huge focus of government at the moment and one that I believe we will start to see improving in the coming years.

Difference between the older generation you talk of and the current influx of Londoners is they came here to work hard and make a better life for themselves, however the new generation are sent here to fill the social housing, bought up by richer councils such as Tower Hamlets and Dagenham and our corrupt local councils cash in. Call me a NIMBY, but I have seen 1st hand open drug dealing, dealers who just smirk at you as more cars pull up, and have seen stolen cars dumped around the Highlands Estate in Leigh, ask any local plod (if you can find one and they’ll tell you the numbers).

I’ve lived in Leigh for over 20 years, and only until the last year had I seen this behaviour before. Teens riding stolen scooters along pavements and threatening staff in the Tesco Express on the London Road. Staff tell me they now get gangs in there every day. Po-lice aren’t interested either

Too many people in a small town. Leigh is a nice place, but it’s only 3 stops from Trafford House next to Bas station. Easy pickings for the residents who only know crime in their lives

Last edited:
Back