• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The One Pound Warriors (Lily's Fundraising)

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
If you are local no doubt you will of heard of this facebook site by now. People are trying to raise 300k to send a little girl with Cancer to the USA for treatment that cannot be done here.

The page was only started by one of Lily's friends on Thursday night and the momentum it has created is truly astonishing with over 60,000 people joining the page and spreading the word. The txt is here from a friend of Lily's, If you can help by just spreading the word any way you can. or donating just £1 that would be fantastic.

This is the page https://www.facebook.com/groups/781...1579336388599585&notif_t=group_comment_follow and the txt about Lily is below.

Thanks so much.

John,

? Lilys friend also Lille, set this page up as an online fundraiser. It’s gone crazy which is amazing. Lots of questions of authenticity which is fine and I hope this clears everything up. If not please ask me, I’m her mum.
? Who is Lily? Lily is my daughter, she’s 14, she is from Eastwood in Essex. She has an inoperable brain tumour called DIPG.
? Why fundraise? Lily cannot have treatment here in the UK as there isn’t any. Nope none!! Shocking but, true. The US have two clinical trials that sound promising for her cancer. Trials and private medical expenses in the US are not affordable on the average UK household income.
? To follow Lilys journey please like her page Lily’s battle with Brain Cancer
? We are not a registered charity, you cannot register a charity on an individual fundraising basis. We do have a registered charity supporting us, taking donations for those who need a charity number if you need it let me know.
? This is an online fundraiser, we have a go fund me page, however the minimum donation is £5. Being that Lily’s friend Lillie wanted everyone to donate a pound we have added PayPal and bank transfer details.
? We will be keeping you up to date with fundraising amounts and how it’s being used.
? if you want to donate now instead of waiting till we reach 300,000 people then feel free using the methods below.
? The money was originally going towards a trial called ONC201, this is a drug that suppresses the cancer and shrinks the tumour. It’s $150,000 deposit, then flights, returning to the US every 21 days for treatment, an initial 3 weeks stay for accommodation, medical care while there, a replacement VP shunt (which saved Lilys life so far ) is $50,000 to $80,000 in the US should she need it replaced, which is a possibility as it can malfunction. Since Lilys diagnosis a new trial called Brainchild03 which is Cart T Cells and is starting in March, price unknown at this time. This looks to be more promising than the drug ONC201 because Lilys own T Cells will recognise the cancer and keep it away. Depending on when we need to act we will be joining one of these two trials. The money raised will 100% be going to Lilys treatment. Her tumour is unpredictable and aggressive.
? How to donate direct to Lilys fund.
PayPal: Martinwythe@live.co.uk
Bank Transfer:
Diane & Martin Wythe
Santander
09-01-29
Go fund me: (charge 2.9% of your donation in fees)
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-lily-battle-brain-cancer
?? A massive heartfelt thank you from all of Lilys family and friends ??

Last edited:
This is now a runaway train that will not stop until the target is reached. The facebook page alone now has 96,000 people on it since Thursday night when it started and the fund has now reached £175K of its original target of 300k with over 100K coming from this facebook page started by a friend of Lily's.

The "stars" out there are now joining in with posting it all over twitter.. Simply wonderful that there are so may wishing to help this poor young girl. I am truly humbled by the response it is getting x

https://www.essexlive.news/news/ess...zGRobRrO-t2C1zaz1jozDI3ld3B34dwz0auR_l6UtBOTM

Last edited:
Absolutely love this, a real community effort and showed how social media can be used for the good.

Big slot on BBC Breakfast this morning and the fund now stands at £321k. Fantastic effort.

The 300k Is just for the experimental work, they will need a lot more after that. I love being part of that group.

The first of the month was the agreed date that the original page organizer had set aside for everyone in the group to donate a £1.

It kind of good hijacked by adults and the concept for a bit lost but I have donated my £1 this morning and I hope others do too

The first of the month was the agreed date that the original page organizer had set aside for everyone in the group to donate a £1.

It kind of good hijacked by adults and the concept for a bit lost but I have donated my £1 this morning and I hope others do too

Your daughter did fantastic Phil..:Worthy:

It’s with the heaviest of hearts we announce the passing of our beautiful brave Lily. ?? On Thurs 13th Feb Lily suffered a huge seizure, she was ventilated and we were transferred to Addenbrooks Paediatric Intensive Care Unit. On Friday she was removed from breathing apparatus and seemed to be doing well. During the evening she struggled to breathe alone, she also had regular intervals where she was unresponsive and continued to have seizures. She fought long and hard all day Saturday into this morning. We are utterly heartbroken but we couldn’t be prouder of our girl. Fly high beautiful, cancer free and forever 14 years old ??

R.I P brave girl, my heart goes out to all her friends and family.

RIP Lily, My thoughts are with the family at this moment. There is absolutely no pain to compare with losing a child.

Back