• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury & Bolton points deficit

Very hard to read that. Football is far more than just 22 men kicking a ball about for 90 minutes. As many said in the article: It's an identity. I know many people that have been pulled through difficult times due to football. I can't comprehend how hard it must be to lose your club.

Without Sunderland I'd lose half of who I am. Half of my life is devoted to the club. Reading those stories made reality hit again, and how close Sunderland were to going bust just over a year ago.
I'm very glad you didn't @Lost Mackem, that would have robbed us of our only real moment of total ecstacy last season if you hadn't been around to share it.:Smile2:

Has a decision been made about Div2 promotion matters?
Do the top 4 now come up automatically and 5-8 do play offs?
Or are the League going only to relegate 1 club?

FOOTBALL League clubs could open the door for Bury to be readmitted to League Two next season when they gather in Milton Keynes on Thursday.

More...

Bury's bid to be re-admitted to the EFL as a League Two club under new ownership next season has been rejected by its members, the governing body has announced.

More...

Bury's prospective buyer has pulled out after doing due diligence whilst a supporters group that had planned to form a legal defence against the club being liquidated on Wednesday have said that there they can't put forward a meaningful case, it's looking like it could get worse for them.

THE EFL has appealed against Bolton's suspended five-point penalty for failing to fulfil two league fixtures, declaring the sanction "too lenient".

More...

One occasion where the EFL have it absolutely right- the integrity of competitions at stake. With this precedent if you have an injury crisis/weakened side before a game you need to win for promotion or stay up you can simply cancel the fixture, pay your £70k, accept your suspended penalty and play your get of of jail card..

One occasion where the EFL have it absolutely right- the integrity of competitions at stake. With this precedent if you have an injury crisis/weakened side before a game you need to win for promotion or stay up you can simply cancel the fixture, pay your £70k, accept your suspended penalty and play your get of of jail card..
That is exactly the issue, this ruling sets a standard and flys in the face of past rulings, fairness, equality. I have sympathy with Bolton supporters but there is no free get outs in business.

Bury AFC to start in the The North West Counties Football League (Tier 10) of the pyramid. They've got some work to do to make it back into Lg1.

Back