• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

Yes I know, I was saying this earlier in the week/month which is why there was no embargo (as I understand the rules)

I only put the topic up so everyone who hadn't seen it on sky knew

Winding up order dismissed (again)

SKY Sports News

BBC Sports News

Confirmation from The Gazette

Dismissal of Winding Up Petition

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Companies Court No 007096 of 2019

In the Matter of THE SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

(Company Number 00089767) and in the Matter of the In the Matter Of The Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 00089767 of ,VERULAM POINT, STATION WAY, ST ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM, AL1 5HE, presented on 23 October 2019 by the COMMISSIONERS FOR HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS, of South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London, WC2B 4RD,, claiming to be Creditors of the Company was advertised in The London Gazette on 8 November 2019 and heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, 7 Rolls Building, Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1NL,on 22 January 2020 . The Petition was dismissed

The Petitioners` Solicitor is the Solicitor to, HM Revenue and Customs,Solicitor's Office & Legal Services, South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London, WC2B 4RD, telephone 03000 03000 589629 . (Ref SLR837705/G.)

30 January 2020

Link

Latest Winding Up Order from The Gazette

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Companies Court No 000661 of 2020

In the Matter of SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)

(Company Number 00089767) and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 00089767, of ,VERULAM POINT, STATION WAY, ST ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM, AL1 5HE, presented on 29 January 2020 by the COMMISSIONERS FOR HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS, of South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London, WC2B 4RD,, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the High Court, Royal Courts of Justice, 7 Rolls Building, Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1NL on 11 March 2020 at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any persons intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioners or to their Solicitor in accordance with Rule 7.14 by 1600 hours on 10 March 2020 .

The Petitioners` Solicitor is the Solicitor to, HM Revenue and Customs,Solicitor's Office & Legal Services, South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London, WC2B 4RD, telephone 03000 03000 589137 . (Ref SLR837705/N.)

21 February 2020

Link

He may have paid off November's/December's in the middle of January, but according to this has not actually paid January's, hence another Winding Up Petition brought by the HMRC.

I believe the PFA reported the club to the EFL for non payment of some of the players December's salaries, and the EFL brought in the "charge of misconduct" on the 20th Jan when the embargo was started.

I believe prior to that the club had in fact planned to bring in a number of players in the January transfer window, but this stopped that from happening on the 20th.

No one has any idea when the Disciplinary Commission will investigate this matter and their proceedings are kept confidential.

These proceedings may well include the EFL's Disciplinary Commission looking into the clubs finances and its future ability to pay its way.

Doncaster Rovers also faced a Winding Up Order last Weds 26th Feb brought by HMRC, they paid the bill with their Premier League solidarity payment that they received in January.

Link

Doncaster Rovers also faced a Winding Up Order last Weds 26th Feb brought by HMRC, they paid the bill with their Premier League solidarity payment that they received in January.

Link

Are things that bad at our club, that even a solidarity payment of I believe £675,000 which we would of received in Jan, doesn't even touch the sides. Worrying.

Its more a worry that as we have not paid Feb salary we are looking at a points deduction and may not be this season but next season

So does anyone know of the plan is to pay for the debts this week and get us up and running again , embargo lifted etc ?? Surely the trust must have an indication of the time frames for this to be completed ??

So does anyone know of the plan is to pay for the debts this week and get us up and running again , embargo lifted etc ?? Surely the trust must have an indication of the time frames for this to be completed ??
From memory we are due in the High Court to answer a Winding Up order from HMRC on 11 March (Wednesday). Apart from that there is no further infomation on here, especially the outcome of the misconduct charge raised against us by the EFL. Trying to piece things together, last week Ron said he was looking to raise funds so I reckon if the Winding Up order gets dismissed then so will wages be paid. Whether that will be enough to raise the embargo is anyone's guess and Ron certainly won't be putting it in the public domain. I have no idea whether the Trust know any more, they may do, but again it won't make public headlines. Frustrating, but it is the way it is. This is off topic here, so maybe we'll move it to the right forum if this issue is discussed further as a result of your post.

Back