• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I’m not staying up, I’ll be waking up for it. Not really phased by the under card. Navarrete is an exceptional fighter and will get a stunning KO as usual. The rest is bang average, Martin v Washington will either be a massive knockout or a bore fest. It’s all about Wilder and Fury. Nothing else matters the main event sells itself.

Yeah agreed, I’m not interested in the undercard. I’ve got my alarm set for 4:30am

What time are we looking for ring walks I haven’t even looked yet.

9pm Vegas time, which is 5am over here.

Been watching some of the videos from out there. I’d love to be in Vegas right now.

All you’s on here, trust me, if you get the opportunity, you MUST do a big Vegas fight night at some point. It’s unreal. Imagine the best away day you’ve ever done, and it still won’t come close.

9pm Vegas time, which is 5am over here.

Been watching some of the videos from out there. I’d love to be in Vegas right now.

All you’s on here, trust me, if you get the opportunity, you MUST do a big Vegas fight night at some point. It’s unreal. Imagine the best away day you’ve ever done, and it still won’t come close.

It’s on my bucket list. I’ve said for my 40th I want to go to Vegas for a big fight night. But that’s 6 and a bit years away.

Well, who could have honestly predicted that?

I’ll give some thoughts & opinion later, but for now, all I can think is, write that man off, at your own peril.

Wow wow and err wow!

What an absolute masterclass from Fury. Yes Joshua fans that is what you call a masterclass. Not dancing around a fat overweight Mexican for 12 rounds.

Fury said he’d knock him out and try to his words he got the TKO. Had they not thrown the towel in Wilder would’ve gone down. Fury hurt him early and you could see the redness around Wilders ear early on and then it started to bleed. That burst ear drum will have thrown Wilder completely out of sorts. You could see his balance was off and when all you rely on is your one punch power and your balance is off you’re stuffed, especially against Fury!

The 1st knockdown was excellent and really caught me out as I expect it did others. A great combination which you could see he was looking for. Tyson was constantly coming forward and you could see Wilder was very uneasy with that. Then the injury to his ear just completely threw him out and he was never going to win after that.

All my doubts about Fury went out of the window after those first 3 minutes. I will never doubt him again, he executed that game plan perfectly. Coming in heavy and as Wilder was heavy twisting him up and leaning on him to wear him out.

Thought Kenny Bayless who is normally a top ref was ****e. Constantly looking to help Wilder out giving him breaks at every opportunity, not letting them fight or even attempting to let them get out of the hold. The point deduction was a ****ing joke! I dread to think what would’ve happened had that gone a full 12. In fact I know what would’ve happened another robbery. It’s Las Vegas!!

This fight broke the live gate record surpassing the $16.86m made at Lewis v Holyfield II with $16.92m. Bet Hearn is devastated about that! With only 15816 in attendance. Even with 90k at Wembley you can’t come close you chode!

So what next? Well Shelley Finkel has said they will be exercising the rematch clause. Yep I can see why but what’s the point? He was outboxed in the first, destroyed in the 2nd it will only happen again in the 3rd. Everyone will be wanting Fury v Joshua but let’s face it Hearn as much as he says he wants it will do everything in his power to **** it up. Joshua gets mullered by Fury he hasn’t got a hope in hell against him! It’ll be the usual 60/40 bollocks like he does everytime. Fury is all about legacy and that’s exactly why he has managed to fight Wilder twice without problems. It’s not all about the money for him!

Whyte might finally get his shot, but the fat little juicer will get starched. There is no one out there that troubles Fury. He is the best and is 100% going in the hall of fame (when it’s his time)after tonight’s display.

I tried to go back to sleep after the fight but was so pumped I just couldn’t!

War Fury!!! There is only one Gypsy King!

Wow Oh Wow Oh Wow

What a great fight, and fanatic to see Fury out box and smash Wilder and all his doubters.

The Gypsy King is now the undisputed King of the Ring and World.

Loved the sing song at the end with his massed supporters who took over Las Vegas.

Tyson Fury licks blood.

Just watched the full fight on YouTube

Absolute masterclass by Fury

AJ must have been touching cloth watching that, Tyson is coming for you AJ !!

That was one of those moments, which will live long in the memory. Not just in British Boxing History, but World Boxing folklore.

Was Wilder too heavy? Did he gas? Did the perforated ear drum ruin his chances?

Who cares.

This was never about Wilder. This was about Fury. A man who has overcome every obstacle he’s ever faced. Proved every doubter wrong & deceived the odds repeatedly.

I was shocked to see him attack Wilder in the way he did. From the opening bell, he charged into centre ring, and I couldn’t help but think it was a mistake.

My anxiety went through the roof, as he stood at what looked like perfect range for Wilder to catch him. Ritchie Woodhall made a couple of excellent points pre-fight, suggesting that one of the reasons Tyson was so successful in that first bout, was because he managed to keep Wilder out of range, whilst always having space behind him, to retreat into when necessary.

And just as I expected, he allowed Wilder to get off some swinging shots, but in fairness nothing he could throw, came close to slowing down that runaway freight train.

The first real eye-opening moment for me, was the jab from Fury towards the end of the first round. It was stiff and spiteful, just like a prime Wlad. It snapped Wilders head back with venom. That was the moment that the reigning champ realised what he was up against, and the moment that I realised Tyson most certainly does have the power to hurt this guy.

The knockdown in the third was the changing point. This is where the damage to the ear occurred, I believe.

Wilder was stunned. He’d never envisioned this. Neither had I, to be truthful. He battled through bu struggled to regain his balance, and crashed to the canvas again in devastating fashion. It wasn’t a knockdown, but it was a sign that Wilder was done. He would not be walking away with that belt tonight. His title reign was finished. From here, it was just a matter of time.

Being super critical, I thought Fury started to rush his work a little bit, and it became a bit sloppy. He missed some big shots, and allowed Wilder to retain that punchers chance. Part of me began to wonder if Wilder could actually muster a late rally. Surely not.

The knockdown in the fifth, ended that. A sly short hook into the body was all it took, to knock Wilder off balance, and floor him again. It wasn’t a brutal body shot but it was enough to send him flying. By that time, Wilder’s hopes and dreams had evaporated. He was left to fight on instinct, but he knew it.

The final flurry from Fury, was stuff of nightmares for opponents. Pinned into a corner, balance gone, defence all over the shop & a giant of a man, lining you up. Bang. Game over.

Wilder’s corner absolutely did the right thing to save him from further damage. Personally I thought they could have thrown the towel in earlier than that.

Talk of a rematch at this point are farcical. I can’t imagine Wilder will want to face a resurgent Fury straight away.

His best hope of reclaiming that belt, may be to step aside and allow Fury to face Joshua, in the hope that Joshua unifies the belts, and then faces him.

Not that I can see Joshua toppling Fury, not even on his best night.

I’ve rated Fury since the early days, as some of you know. From his early days of going life and death with Big John McDermott in Brentwood, the dismantling of a game Del Boy at The Excel, to the shocking win against Wlad in Germany. I’ve always known he had the talent. But even I didn’t know he was capable of becoming what he has now become; The true, undisputed king of heavyweight boxing.

Couple of side notes:

I found it crass and embarrassing that the Americans tried their best to shoehorn a racial factor into this fight. Wilder walking out to a black power song was just unnecessary IMO.

Fury could be nailed on for Sports Personality of the Year. If I were him, I’d tell them to poke it up their backsides. They weren’t interested in him at his lowest point, why should they get to revel in his success.

And finally, Eddie Hearn’s eyes may have lit up, but he’ll be brought back down to Earth when he realises that he’ll have to work in tandem with Frank Warren. That won’t be easy, because - and I’ll use some familiar and ironic words for this - “those two really don’t like each other”.

Totally agree about Wilder’s entrance.

I thought that about Fury and Sports Personality, but the only problem is it’s an Olympic year and it’s February. It will be forgotten by then and that is wrong because of the whole story he should get it. And I hope he does get it and throws it in the bin! The way he was shunned by people like Gary Linekar and co was disgusting. Two faced pricks will be lapping him up now.

Hearn and Warren were supposed to work together for the BJS v Andrade fight and look how that turned out. It’s all about who is the A side. In Hearn’s deluded little world AJ is the A side and no doubt he peddle the bollocks that he has 3 belts so he deserves a 60/40 split. It’ll be Hearn once again that prevents AJ going in there with the best. He’ll wrap his cash cow up in cotton wool. I wouldn’t be surprised if AJ faces Wilder before Fury. Now he’s been beaten he’s not the force everyone thought he was.

I want to see Fury v AJ, I want it to be in Vegas not sure I want it next though. Hearn won’t want it in Vegas he will want it at Wembley (urgh) or Saudi. This is a great fight to unify the division and should be in the greatest place for boxing and that’s Vegas.

People on Twitter still saying Joshua is a better p4p boxer than Fury. Jesus Christ there are some deluded idiots out there.

Was very impressive and I'm glad it wasn't the anti-climax I feared it might be.

For me it is well worth Wilder exercising the rematch clause. Fury will be favourite and should win again, Wilder always has a chance though. That shot behind the ear finished it like you guys rightly said, the balance was gone and after that he didn't have a hope. We know Fury can outbox him and win every round but Fury has a chin and he has that punch. For me nothing has changed in that respect.

As for the sports personalty, I'd make him favourite even with the Euros, Olympics and t20 world cup this year. If England win the euros I think the outstanding player will win the SPOTY but I don't think that will happen. Olympics I can only see Dina Asher Smith being in contention and I think she'd have to do a double 100m and 200m gold to get it. Cricket isn't big enough to capture the publics vote, Ben Stokes this year was only because there wasn't any real competition from anyone. He 100% deserved it but if we had won the rugby world cup I don't think he'd have won it. Fury can also eclipse everyone regardless if he unifies the division at the end of the year just before the vote. Probably unlikely given the way big AJ fights never seem to happen, but his stock is falling so Hearn may be forced into it? The bookies have rightly got him as favourite at 2/1. A few years ago I'd have said it would never happen regardless of what he achieved in the ring because of his controversial statements etc. but now the media love him and the whole overcoming adversity thing. Going from media pariah to media darling is almost as impressive as his exploits in the ring.

AJ vs Pulev on June 20th.

However,

If Wilder doesn’t activate the rematch clause & Pulev is prepared to step aside, then Hearn will push for the Unification.

Personally, I’m not interested in a third Fury Wilder fight. Fury won the first easily, then did a demolition job in the second. No need for a third.

Edit: Oh, and it goes without saying, nobody wants to see an AJ - Pulev stinkfest.

Last edited:
I thought that about Fury and Sports Personality, but the only problem is it’s an Olympic year and it’s February. It will be forgotten by then and that is wrong because of the whole story he should get it. And I hope he does get it and throws it in the bin! The way he was shunned by people like Gary Linekar and co was disgusting. Two faced pricks will be lapping him up now.
The whole story is that he has said, on multiple occasions, abhorrent homophobic, transphobic, sexist, and anti-semitic comments. He has never truly apologised for these and shown any remorse or change in his views. He has blamed multiple things for these comments, but he's never actually come out and apologised and taken responsibility for the damage and hurt that those comments cause.

He's a great fighter and boxer, and Saturday night was the most dominant heavyweight performance i've seen in a very long time, but people calling him a hero and redeemed need to think a bit more... if he's not going to apologise for the awful things he's said, then he doesn't deserve the praise and recognition that his boxing performances (and his response to mental health and addiction issues*) have earned. He's also pretty clearly a drugs cheat.

P.S. If Wilder wants to use his entrance to highlight black rights, then that's completely up to him. I didn't see that as a direct comment or reference to Fury. Wilder has always been quite publicly outspoken about black rights and issues.

Last edited:
The whole story is that he has said, on multiple occasions, abhorrent homophobic, transphobic, sexist, and anti-semitic comments. He has never truly apologised for these and shown any remorse or change in his views. He has blamed multiple things for these comments, but he's never actually come out and apologised and taken responsibility for the damage and hurt that those comments cause.

He's a great fighter and boxer, and Saturday night was the most dominant heavyweight performance i've seen in a very long time, but people calling him a hero and redeemed need to think a bit more... if he's not going to apologise for the awful things he's said, then he doesn't deserve the praise and recognition that his boxing performances (and his response to mental health and addiction issues*) have earned. He's also pretty clearly a drugs cheat.

P.S. If Wilder wants to use his entrance to highlight black rights, then that's completely up to him. I didn't see that as a direct comment or reference to Fury. Wilder has always been quite publicly outspoken about black rights and issues.
I suggest there's 10 million and more reasons why he won't be making his apologies anytime soon,
PS boxing isn't really my sport but I must say that was very impressive from the big man.

This sport has an exceptionally checkered past. It’s nothing new for an elite level fighter to say, or do something controversial.

Ali regularly made disparaging remarks about white people. Does it mean that he hated whites? No. He was a product of his environment.

Mike Tyson has said (and done) some some incredibly bad things, but is still treated like boxing royalty. Another who was a product of his environment.

Floyd Mayweather was used as a human shield from a gun-toting gangster when he was just a baby. And that was just the start of his troubles.

Anthony Joshua was recently involved in a race row, although he denied all accusations. Another who has grown up in a far from conventional manner. Gang member, drug dealer, you know the story.

The point is, a lot of these boxers aren’t what you might call formally educated & certainly not to the expectant levels of a modern society. They’re not woke. They’re generally not nice people in truth. They’re people who have grown up in poverty as degenerates, thugs & criminals, only to miraculously turn their lives around through the sport of boxing.

You can’t really judge them as you would someone who was privileged enough to be educated. They essentially don’t know any better.

With Fury, his beliefs stem from religion - something that is very prominent within the gypsy community. It’s essentially law. He’s said that he doesn’t agree with homosexual behaviour, but he hasn’t & wouldn’t treat anyone differently, because of it.

I know gypsies, and that is about as balanced as you’re ever going to get. I know catholics & muslims who are as equally guilty of being that devout.

I don’t agree with about 99% of what most religious people believe & how they live. And additionally, I have mentioned several times over, I think all religion should be axed. But who’s gunna tell them that? More pertinently, who’s going to enforce it? I’d love to see someone walk onto one of the campsites round here & inform them that they’re all wrong & they must immediately desist from their beliefs :ROFL:

How do you change millennia-old ways of thinking, overnight?

And hey, it could be worse. He could be as mad as Anthony Small. The former British & Commonwealth Light Heavyweight Champion, who became an Islamic radical and attempted to join ISIS in Syria, along with praising their work, attending their demos & spreading their message of hate around the Internet.

Watched the fight on YouTube and frankly Fury beat him ten times over. That towel could have come in at least a round earlier but Wilder was a champion so they gave him every chance. Don’t want to see a third fight and hopefully Wilder’s pride is talking about going again. I suppose he always has a punchers chance but sounds like to me he’s taking the money one last time as where else does he go if he loses again?
Regarding SPOTY, who gives a monkeys? The BBC don’t show sports, whole thing is farcical

Back