• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Solution to losing track of days

One of the consequences of prolonged social distancing can be a muddling of the sense of time passing. There’s an interesting paper by Gotyar Didni called “Distanced Vellicopugnal Primomensual Activation”. Apparently, if every thirty days or so you purposefully impose some minimal level of discomfort on yourself in the morning, for example by pinching yourself and giving yourself a gentle punch in the arm (absolutely nothing more or it defeats the object), it helps to avoid the days merging into one another and makes you feel more connected to the calendar.

Worth a go?

One of the consequences of prolonged social distancing can be a muddling of the sense of time passing. There’s an interesting paper by Gotyar Didni called “Distanced Vellicopugnal Primomensual Activation”. Apparently, if every thirty days or so you purposefully impose some minimal level of discomfort on yourself in the morning, for example by pinching yourself and giving yourself a gentle punch in the arm (absolutely nothing more or it defeats the object), it helps to avoid the days merging into one another and makes you feel more connected to the calendar.

Worth a go?
Mrs RHB has been imposing that regime on me since the day we got married. It just doesn't work and you can become a battered husband. It's probably easier just to look at a calendar.

One of the consequences of prolonged social distancing can be a muddling of the sense of time passing. There’s an interesting paper by Gotyar Didni called “Distanced Vellicopugnal Primomensual Activation”. Apparently, if every thirty days or so you purposefully impose some minimal level of discomfort on yourself in the morning

I have scattered Lego and 13 amp plugs next to my bed.

Worth a go?

I find it works better if you do it to someone else. You need a reciprocal arrangement, however, to gain maximum benefit. For example, if someone gives you the aformentioned pinch followed by a gentle punch then it should have been pre-arranged that you would then reciprocate with a gentle punch of your own, but follow it with something else, such as a little kick.

My misses gave me a pinch and a bunch this morning, so I knew straight away it was the 1st of the month.

I told her I had just heard the BBC have just cancelled Eastenders, she was shocked, you would think her world had ended.

I waited until lunchtime before telling her it was April Fools Day and that it was not true, she was not best pleased.

I had to cook my own tea.

I am still working!!!!
In fact am working extra hours now to support all my colleagues out there fighting this awful disease but, the tax man is gonna whack me for the extra hours as I am only allowed to earn a certain amount and then they deduct it from my pension.
Several of my ex- colleagues would have willingly come back to work during this time but for the reasons above

Worth a go?

Could you spice this up a little by perhaps knocking the snot out of a neighbour with a baseball bat who you particularly dislike then burying him in a shallow grave. Every 30 days, I could then go the grave and dance on it. I think this would focus the mind more for me.

Could you spice this up a little by perhaps knocking the snot out of a neighbour with a baseball bat who you particularly dislike then burying him in a shallow grave. Every 30 days, I could then go the grave and dance on it. I think this would focus the mind more for me.

Sounds like you’ve got someone in mind rather than this being a random suggestion.......

Your thoughts are disgusting. There should be no chance to dance on the grave. Haven't you heard? You need to be eco-friendly. So plant one or two trees man, in the fresh soil. Get with it.

Good shout, but don't forget to wear your mask, goggles and latex gloves and perhaps attach the baseball bat firmly to a longer pole so you stay two metres away. you just never know how far snot can travel.

Back